[REMOVE ADS]

LIVE: Aretha Franklin funeral service

Global News from Canada is providing a live stream now of the funeral:

I have been watching this morning too. Not sure if anyone else saw when they interviewed Gladys Knight and she talked about the last time she saw Aretha and she said they were both sharing how they have the same disease.

Started an hour and a half late, due to difficulty with getting everyone into the church. So far, Smokey and the Rev. Al Sharpton have given the best tributes.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I have been watching this morning too. Not sure if anyone else saw when they interviewed Gladys Knight and she talked about the last time she saw Aretha and she said they were both sharing how they have the same disease.
    I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    She said something similar a few days ago on extra YouTube's channel. Just about an hour ago, a story broke that was rather dire. But her publicist has since denied it.

If any of you guys see the interview with Cal Street, please post the link

To watch the first two hours of Aretha's service I was bouncing around CNN, CBC Newsworld and CTV News channel in Canada. However, BET has been broadcasting since around noon PST, and is still going strong. What a send off with Chaka, Ronald Isley, Fantasia, and Jennifer Hudson so far. The Rev. Jasper William Jr. is stirring things up with his monologue. Gladys Knight just finished her musical triubte. Totally sublime! Stevie Wonder is up very soon.Name:  DSC06919.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  86.8 KB
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 08-31-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    She said something similar a few days ago on extra YouTube's channel. Just about an hour ago, a story broke that was rather dire. But her publicist has since denied it.
    I just saw that! Wtf?! Not cool....

Well it's concluded. What a service! Whew! That was the greatest funeral I have ever seen! God Bless our great Queen...............Ms. Aretha Franklin!

Global News did an excellent job. WDIV Channel 4 in Detroit also did a spectacular job. It was an amazing day.

I didn't watch it today, but I downloaded the entire thing from Youtube.