[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Couldn't she find someone, anyone to produce and record her in the last 18 years? After all she is the great, big Diana Ross diva! LOL!!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 08-29-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Shouldn't you be scoffing down some grub at a local buffet?

If Motown had not dropped Diana Ross, she would have to had to done much more of her own promotional work like at shopping malls, NASCAR races, senior citizens centers etc to get the word out about her product. Motown was done spending promotional dollars on her stuff here in the U.S. She could have funded her own Infomercial with psychics that could have taken turns trying to predict when she would have another hit in America! hehehehehehehehe!

Marv, It seems that you are back in full form of instigating members on this site by badmouthing Motown artists. There is not much that we can do about it as Ralph seems to tolerate your rants

it is obvious from your recent posts that you have not been taking your meds. See your doctor and get your levels checked. You may have to up your meds to get back in balance.

Until then, I hope that Ralph steps in and at least controls you on this site. Then we will ask him if their is any way that he can control the guy in the White House

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    If Motown had not dropped Diana Ross, she would have to had to done much more of her own promotional work like at shopping malls, NASCAR races, senior citizens centers etc to get the word out about her product. Motown was done spending promotional dollars on her stuff here in the U.S. She could have funded her own Infomercial with psychics that could have taken turns trying to predict when she would have another hit in America! hehehehehehehehe!
    When Diana Ross had her security remove you from that Denver concert in the 1980s she probably had no idea youd become her most deranged and obsessed online stalker. You spend every waking moment trashing her and lying and fabricating stories about her and fantasizing about her proffessional demise. Truthfully I personnally feel real sorry for you because you are a sick attention seeking and friendless and desperate and lonely old man. Diana aint thinking about you so give it a rest and enjoy your Golden years cause they go in real quick.

Maybe Motown could have put out a comedy album by Diana Ross since all of her releases since the mid 80s were jokes! LOL!!!! She could have gotten a hit at least on Comedy Central.

Wonderfully said Roberta and milven. I told this guy years ago on the old aol boards he terrorized that he needed to start having relations with real people, not inflatable ones.

DMCFAN Guest
    It's obvious that he's trying to get things riled up about Diana to get people off focus about the Imagine video - also this separate DR&S was set up to try & rail in these types incendiary comments, but leadership doesn't care & gives him full reign

For some reason, she just couldn't cut the mustard after the mid 80s. Some say her voice really weakened. Others insisted that her music was just too bland to believe. I don't know. Thoughts?
    her first album after the mid 80’s wasn’t just bland - it was a hot mess.
    The next featured a #3 R&B single and overseas hit.
    The next went good/silver/platinum/multi -platinum in many countries with various hit singles in various countries.
    ‘The next featured a hit Euro-single, #1 Dance hit and critical wows.
    The next featured another hit Euro-single, #2 dance hit
    the next was the #1 highest charting debut album of the week.

Not it as good as before, but still there are positives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Well, I can see why you might draw that conclusion after Mary was diahreahed by Motown and became a coke head, but Diana’s drinking problem began with her hormone-less menopause therapy and end of her marriage. Motown and Ross parted ways during this bad spell - although I doubt that it helped. Remember, her career has always come second to her kids and she was losing interest when the boys were born.

‘It’s nice to see that both ladies seem to have conquered their substance issues - although Mary still has quite a fondness for the grape - especially when someone else is buying. LOL!!!!
    Wilson's demands for backstage wine are well known indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Wonderfully said Roberta and milven. I told this guy years ago on the old aol boards he terrorized that he needed to start having relations with real people, not inflatable ones.
    An inflatable Mary Wilson 'friend'! Now there's a marketing idea!

You know what I think would have been real funny... and I know it's silly and hypocritical of me to say... if no one had replied to this thread at all

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    You know what I think would have been real funny... and I know it's silly and hypocritical of me to say... if no one had replied to this thread at all
    They haven't. The original post asks what would have happened had Diana stayed with Motown and who might've worked with her to finally bring her the renewed success that had alluded her since the mid-eighties.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 08-30-2018 at 01:34 PM.

One answer might be Lionel Richie since he delivered Diana her biggest hit ever as well as her last Top Ten Billboard hit.
    He wasn't with Motown then but working under that banner might've boosted his lagging career too.

Bit of a Hail Mary , but who knows .

Couldn't hurt!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 08-30-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    No, Tom, it's the perfect answer!

Says someone who's posted on it eight times! Lol!
    This place is hilarious!

Maybe Motown could have sent Diane Ross out on the road as just a touring act opening for stars like Queen Latifah or Boys II Men. She could explain to the crowds who she is and all about the Supremes in the 60s, then do her 25 min. set.

Motown could have agreed to just let Diane write and produce herself, similar to Carol King.

Maybe Motown could have sent Diane Ross out on the road as just a touring act opening for stars like Queen Latifah or Boys II Men. She could explain to the crowds who she is and all about the Supremes in the 60s, then do her 25 min. set.
    Do you think "explaining to crowds who she is" would be enough? Maybe she would have to use the Supreme billing in her name, something like "diana ross of THE SUPREMES".

And she could start giving interviews and talk about the group, repeating the same stories. The Supreme Legacy would keep her alive and her name in the public.

And who knows? If she keeps doing it, she may get a few decent bookings and keep her career alive for a few more years.

Can't hurt.

Diana thanks you for the helpful suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Do you think "explaining to crowds who she is" would be enough? Maybe she would have to use the Supreme billing in her name, something like "diana ross of THE SUPREMES".

And she could start giving interviews and talk about the group, repeating the same stories. The Supreme Legacy would keep her alive and her name in the public.

And who knows? If she keeps doing it, she may get a few decent bookings and keep her career alive for a few more years.

Can't hurt.

Diana thanks you for the helpful suggestion
    Funny - love it!

If Diana Ross had not been dropped by Motown, maybe they could have cut a Halloween album on her and hope for annual sales around October 31 each year.

If Diana Ross had not been dropped by Motown, maybe they could have cut a Halloween album on her and hope for annual sales around October 31 each year.
    Last edited by LoveSupreme; 09-08-2018 at 03:18 AM.