[REMOVE ADS]

Ashford & simpson - love will fix it - the warner bros. Records anthology 1973 - 1981

Releasedate september 7, 2018:
    Ashford & Simpson: Love Will Fix It – The Warner Bros. Records Anthology 1973-1981 is a comprehensive three-disc collection spanning the legendary song-writing duo’s classic recordings for the major label. The husband and wife team of Nickolas and Valerie, having established themselves as one of Motown’s many successful hit-making partnerships [[“Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” “You’re All I Need To Get By”), added even more depth, emotion and rich musicality to their self-produced recordings.

This Groove Line Records release features all of the duo’s Warner Bros. R&B hits including I’d Know You Anywhere, Send It, Don’t Cost You Nothing, Found A Cure, Is It Still Good To Ya, Tried Tested And Found True, and Nobody Knows, as well as an un-released version of The Debt Is Settled and club hits like Stay Free, Bourgie Bourgie and One More Try. A third disc features 12” Disco mixes from Jimmy Simpson, Tom Moulton, Joe Claussell and previously unreleased John Morales [[M&M) and Mike Maurro mixes of Love Don’t Make It Right and Tried, Tested and Found True.

Groove Line Records cut no corners when making sure that each and every one of our releases has the highest quality performance possible. This anthology is newly remastered from the original tapes and housed in a deluxe digipack containing a 28 page booklet featuring rare photos and artwork. With liner notes penned by Christian John Wikane, which include many glowing quotes from the artist’s peers and personal tributes from musical director Ray Chew and vocalist Fonzi Thornton [[CHIC), Ashford & Simpson: Love Will Fix It – The Warner Bros. Records Anthology 1973-1981 three CD set is an essential addition to any serious R&B, Soul, Funk and Disco collector.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Releasedate september 7, 2018:
    Ashford & Simpson: Love Will Fix It – The Warner Bros. Records Anthology 1973-1981 is a comprehensive three-disc collection spanning the legendary song-writing duo’s classic recordings for the major label. The husband and wife team of Nickolas and Valerie, having established themselves as one of Motown’s many successful hit-making partnerships [[“Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” “You’re All I Need To Get By”), added even more depth, emotion and rich musicality to their self-produced recordings.

This Groove Line Records release features all of the duo’s Warner Bros. R&B hits including I’d Know You Anywhere, Send It, Don’t Cost You Nothing, Found A Cure, Is It Still Good To Ya, Tried Tested And Found True, and Nobody Knows, as well as an un-released version of The Debt Is Settled and club hits like Stay Free, Bourgie Bourgie and One More Try. A third disc features 12” Disco mixes from Jimmy Simpson, Tom Moulton, Joe Claussell and previously unreleased John Morales [[M&M) and Mike Maurro mixes of Love Don’t Make It Right and Tried, Tested and Found True.

Groove Line Records cut no corners when making sure that each and every one of our releases has the highest quality performance possible. This anthology is newly remastered from the original tapes and housed in a deluxe digipack containing a 28 page booklet featuring rare photos and artwork. With liner notes penned by Christian John Wikane, which include many glowing quotes from the artist’s peers and personal tributes from musical director Ray Chew and vocalist Fonzi Thornton [[CHIC), Ashford & Simpson: Love Will Fix It – The Warner Bros. Records Anthology 1973-1981 three CD set is an essential addition to any serious R&B, Soul, Funk and Disco collector.
    Sounds wonderful jack. I will have most of the tracks on various other cd's, but i am sure i will be forking out for this one too. Thank you for alerting me to this essential release.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    For tracklist which I am trying to post for several hours now..
    BTW: I have the vinyl of this set but the cd set contains more tracks.

Too bad they couldn't license the EMI output for a truly comprehensive collection. Most, if not all, of this content has been released already.

I haven't matched cut-for-cut but I wonder how this will differ from the already released 'Hits & Rarities' ? Seems sorta a retread. I'm and A&S full-album fan myself so I'll probably pass on it.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 08-28-2018 at 09:25 AM.

I was pleasantly surprised with Groove Line's Salsoul Orchestra 3CD set.

Mine was shipped yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    For tracklist which I am trying to post for several hours now..
    BTW: I have the vinyl of this set but the cd set contains more tracks.
    Just ordered mine. Several tracks that I don't have but the third disc looks like the one from HITS & RARITIES as stated by PeaceNHarmony