[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Anthology/Box Set

I know this is probably pointless since every 60's Supremes studio recording has been released as far as we know, but will there be another Anthology or New Box Set again? It's been about 11 years since the 2000 box set and I think it is out of print and about 10 years since the last anthology.

I'm not sure how would you see the final product. If you accept that there is little [[if any) unreleased, that would surely mean that everything had been released previously. So is this a re-packaging with a concept?

Am I way off here?

I imagine new concept like Capitol has done with the Beatles.

Luke

Do you mean release all their albums in mono in one package and a separate package with the stereo versions?

I quite like that idea Luke. Good thinking.

yes boy, thx.

A load of mono albums and a load of stereo albums and I'm supposed to buy 'em all?
    Who do you/they think I am? A wealthy dictator of an Arab country?

miss_lish Guest
    How well did the 2000 issue sale?

Speaking of ... Am I the only one who is amazed that there is not a current, high-quality Diana Ross box set in release? The fact is that Diana Ross is indeed one of the top entertainers of the era and has a huge discography. I know that finances are an issue, but I have been perplexed about this for several years. Yes, I know there was a set released 18 years ago, but that's a long time in the music industry. This is not a complaint about Diana in any way. She deserves this ... and there are fans worldwide who would make this purchase. After all, the recordings EXIST, so it is an issue of production of the set.

Instead of releasing brand new Supremes compilations all the time, I wish they would stick with the good stuff. For example, why not release the 1974 3 LP Anthology onto CD with the exact same silver artwork in a cardboard replica? That album set went gold. It has sentimental value to me, so I would definitely buy it if they released it on CD. I also know of other fans who were introduced to The Supremes through this particular album set, some of whom still only have the original LP set and have always searched for a CD copy to replace it with. The Anthology from 2001 is somewhat similar, but it would be cool to just reissue some of these classic compilations. That way you would be appealing not only to the general buying public, but big fans and collectors as well. The Supremes' Gold set was interesting in that regard, but I would have rather had Greatest Hits Vol. 1 and 2 reissued in its original packaging [[a CD sized cardboard replica) with its original cover.

The same goes for the "Definitive Collection". I don't understand why they didn't include all of The Supremes' top 40 hits from 1963 to 1969? I recently purchased another copy of the Ultimate Collection from Ebay, since I wanted another CD with all the mono versions of all the hits. If such a CD was currently on the market, I would have bought it in an instant. They should have just reissued the Ultimate Collection instead.

smark21 Guest
    If another Anthology is released, I hope consideration is given to include Baby Love on the set. It's criminal that Baby Love has rarely been included in compilations over the years.

[QUOTE=carlo;35673]Instead of releasing brand new Supremes compilations all the time, I wish they would stick with the good stuff. For example, why not release the 1974 3 LP Anthology onto CD with the exact same silver artwork in a cardboard replica? That album set went gold. It has sentimental value to me, so I would definitely buy it if they released it on CD.

That lp was released on cd in an expanded edition in 1986 in the early days of cd, not with the silver cover but this one: http://www.amazon.com/Anthology-Dian...7738355&sr=1-9.
    Regrettably several of the reviewers there write about subsequent DR&tS anthologies, often intermixing them in their reviews, rather than just sticking to the one pictured.

I dont want the original anthology I want things like Ed Sullivan performances on CD..Funny Girl and GIT..

I want Funny Girl and Git too, but how much longer do we really have to wait for them to get on cd?

Does anyone think that the market is drying up for continued rehashed releases? Are there that many new and younger Sups fans to make re-release economically feasible. The cd's under the tab Supremes and Diane have been basically empty in the last few stores i've checked. There wasn't even a DRATS category. Yes most sales are now online, but it seems that most od the stores only carry artists that really sell.

RossHolloway Guest
    I'd much rather UM stick with the expanded edition of their albums or go the route of album box sets a la the Marvelettes and 70's Supremes. Then that one stray track or live recording could be included.

honest man Guest
    just continue with the expanded albums, love child, next maybe the disney album could be the last addition, i only need CHIM CHEREE to complete,

Frankly, i'm sick of the Supremes. There is enough on the market already and as someone said, the market for the group has probably shrunk. There was a Supremes box and some of the fans bitched and moaned about it. No wonder they [[THE SUPREMES ) are ignored.

longtime fan

I agree. A proper Box Set Of Diana Ross is loooooong awaited. Bring it on....Paulo xxx