[REMOVE ADS]

Sony Admits To Fake MJ Songs on Posthumous lp

Thanks for the update on this. I remember when the album came out, I listened to those three songs and knew that it was not Michael's voice. I remember there was an immediate outcry from many fans, against Sony. I last read that there was an ongoing legal dispute, but was not sure what the current status was. I am not surprised that these were in fact fake tracks. Now whether the label knew this all along, it is hard to say, as the Cacsio's provided Sony with those tracks. Either way, someone is in some deep doo-doo.

It would have never happened if Michael was alive. What people will do in pursuit of greed and money!

Thanks for this post.

I'm glad that this finally being dealt with even though I never would've thought about it again. I'd always known those vocals on the stated tracks weren't laid by Michael. The man is one of the greatest singers of all time, you can't fake that kind of talent. If people think these things can fly under the radar then Marvin Gaye's impersonator should surface and finish some tunes that he didn't.

Before this was even released I recall seeing Teddy Riley on Oprah confirming this lie to justify the payment he received to work on this project. Then when Quincy Jones spoke out against the songs, Teddy said some very disrespectful things about him to the press. The next day I went out and purchased it and barely play it due to it being uneven. We'd waited quite awhile for that only to be let down. Bad 25 is the best project Sony released so far and that sold poorly.

To end this I say that this validates what I always tried to tell people. There's not much in the way of greatness in Mike's archive,if it was they wouldn't have to pull stunts like this. Look at what they released last fall, "Scream", a rehash of what we have and heard a billion times already. Why not release "Dangerous 25" and apologize for the delay?, that's what fans wanted to purchase. Michael wasn't as prolific as we thought he was and this proves it given the promising talk and the disappointing walk. There's not much of quality left behind!.

I agree, that Michael album was not so great and pretty uneven. I like the Xscape album much, much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    I'm glad that this finally being dealt with even though I never would've thought about it again. I'd always known those vocals on the stated tracks weren't laid by Michael. The man is one of the greatest singers of all time, you can't fake that kind of talent. If people think these things can fly under the radar then Marvin Gaye's impersonator should surface and finish some tunes that he didn't.

Before this was even released I recall seeing Teddy Riley on Oprah confirming this lie to justify the payment he received to work on this project. Then when Quincy Jones spoke out against the songs, Teddy said some very disrespectful things about him to the press. The next day I went out and purchased it and barely play it due to it being uneven. We'd waited quite awhile for that only to be let down. Bad 25 is the best project Sony released so far and that sold poorly.

To end this I say that this validates what I always tried to tell people. There's not much in the way of greatness in Mike's archive,if it was they wouldn't have to pull stunts like this. Look at what they released last fall, "Scream", a rehash of what we have and heard a billion times already. Why not release "Dangerous 25" and apologize for the delay?, that's what fans wanted to purchase. Michael wasn't as prolific as we thought he was and this proves it given the promising talk and the disappointing walk. There's not much of quality left behind!.
    Very much unlike Prince whom I hear has 1000s of songs in his archives that have not been released according to Jimmy Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I agree, that Michael album was not so great and pretty uneven. I like the Xscape album much, much more.
    You've got one up on me there Brother/Sister Carlo. I didn't enjoy that one very much either as I felt Timbaland's production was distracting. I bought the deluxe edition and the original versions were nice to hear, but I put it away rather quickly. You can hear age in the master tapes because Epic did little to restore the audio to make it sound fresh. "Lovin' You" has a jerky effect on it's intro due to a warp in the session tape. Again, the short tracklisting is a reflection of L.A. Reid not hearing merit in much of what he heard while compiling the album.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Very much unlike Prince whom I hear has 1000s of songs in his archives that have not been released according to Jimmy Jam.
    Oh Man!!!, four truckloads of master tapes were moved from Paisley Park to the great Iron Mountain facility in California. We'll probably be gone by the time Prince's vault is absolutely dry. They've discovered so many gems that he never gave Warners at his peak. Even he said he never gave the record company the best songs all the time. Musically,he prepared himself for death so that we could still be marveled at his genius long after he was gone. Michael made music for attention,accolades and awards which made many of his entertainment cohorts agitated with him.

Oh Man!!!, four truckloads of master tapes were moved from Paisley Park to the great Iron Mountain facility in California. We'll probably be gone by the time Prince's vault is absolutely dry. They've discovered so many gems that he never gave Warners at his peak. Even he said he never gave the record company the best songs all the time. Musically,he prepared himself for death so that we could still be marveled at his genius long after he was gone. Michael made music for attention,accolades and awards which made many of his entertainment cohorts agitated with him.
    Michael was a student of Berry Gordy Jr.

"Lovin' You" has a jerky effect on it's intro due to a warp in the session tape.
    The warp's apparently throughout the whole track! It's a good song but practically unlistenable owing to the state of the tape.

Most bizarre.
    Has anyone in the Jackson family said anything about this??

Record companies have been releasing imposter music for years; Motown did it in the 60's with DRATS, Arista did it in the 80's with Milli Vanilli. Sony is no different.

Oh Man!!!, four truckloads of master tapes were moved from Paisley Park to the great Iron Mountain facility in California. We'll probably be gone by the time Prince's vault is absolutely dry. They've discovered so many gems that he never gave Warners at his peak. Even he said he never gave the record company the best songs all the time. Musically,he prepared himself for death so that we could still be marveled at his genius long after he was gone.
    And, by 2021, Sony gets all Prince material, sans the three soundtrack albums.