[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Aretha Franklin Gravely Ill

Many news outlets are reporting The Queen is back in the hospital and is gravely ill. Sending my prayers to Aretha and her family.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 08-13-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Many news outlets are reporting The Queen is back in the hospital and is gravely ill. Sending my prayers to Aretha and her family.
    Let’s hope this is a mistake. This is a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Let’s hope this is a mistake. This is a tough one.
    That's what I am hoping. But there are several reports.

I’m seeing reports that she’s preparing for transition! Praying for the best, and preparing for the worst! No matter when, it will always be too soon for me!

Best wishes and prayers going out to The "Queen". I did some investigation and thus far, the news sources behind the reports I've seen are largely foreign entities or other non mainstream outlets. Obviously, most truly knew that due to her recent reported health issues...this day should not come as a too unexpected surprise, but until I see some more mainstream news sources other than Daily Mail and The Sun...I'll await more information. Sad day though...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 08-13-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Best wishes and prayers going out to The "Queen". I did some investigation and thus far, the news sources behind the reports I've seen are largely foreign entities or other non mainstream outlets. Obviously, most truly knew that due to her recent reported health issues...this day should not come as a too unexpected surprise, but until I see some more mainstream news sources other than Daily Mail and The Sun...I'll await more information. Sad day though...
    That's what I thought too. But BET is reporting it too!

https://www.bet.com/music/2018/08/12...pitalized.html

I follow Melba Moore on Facebook and she has posted a statement for prayers for Aretha Franklin.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 08-13-2018 at 02:09 AM.

Roger Friedman is the original source of the news. I hate to say this, but I think this is true this time.

The Queen of Soul is bidding farewell...

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I follow Melba Moore on Facebook and she has posted a statement for prayers for Aretha Franklin.
    I don't think Melba would post something unless she had it from a reliable source. I guess this news shouldn't come as too much of a shock, but if it is indeed true it is a very sad time for us all. However, Aretha is a fighter so lets not give up on her quite yet.

Dear Aretha, you are in our heart and our prayers.

wonder_woman Guest
    Praying for Aretha the greatest female singer of all time.

So sorry to hear about this. Prayers for Aretha Franklin.

The Detroit Free Press is reporting the crisis.
    https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...ick/974630002/

This is the lead story on WWJ Newsradio 950. They report that she is in a local Detroit hospital "gravely ill". They have a reporter who is outside of New Bethel Baptist Church and is talking to people in the neighborhood who knew her when they lived on Lasalle street. The radio station states that the family is asking for prayers worldwide. WWJ 950 is an all news radio station in Detroit.

Prayers going up for the one and only Lady Soul. A tough day indeed.

It's on CNN now.

If Miss Franklin is transitioning may the Good Lord lead her home to his Heavenly mansion where shes going to be free from pain and singing with his choir. My prayers are with you Miss Franklin.

CBS in Detroit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD3_VpjhArM

I LOVE her version of this song!!!

Very sad news. I hope her final hours are peaceful.

What!!!oh wow i hope the queen can pull through.

Praying hard about this one. Too soon to lose the Queen. This one will hit me hard.

To say she was blessed and gifted is an understatement! She truly was the daughter of Detroit and the queen of music.

When that time comes, Aretha, take your rest. You EARNED it Queen Ree!

Roger Friedman is the original source of the news. I hate to say this, but I think this is true this time.[/QUOTE][

The Queen of Soul is bidding farewell...[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Midnightman.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RTA6226; 08-13-2018 at 02:47 PM.

It's been on the BBC for the past 4 hours so it's for real

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45172883

In the little time she has left to be with us, I’d like to say thank you to Ms. Aretha for the music. You’ve brought joy to millions every where! I’ll miss you Ree Ree!

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    I know some close family members who have personally disclosed this news to me some weeks ago. Keeping her in my prayers.

Dear Miss Franklin: I know you will not read this but I can only hope you can somehow 'feel' it. I've been a fan since the 'Aretha's Gold' lp and have purchased every lp you issued since then. I awaited each and every tv appearance in the 70's and was never disappointed. The piano playing, the African robes, the VOICE! Always a joy to experience. And the live concerts in New York - just legendary, from the 'With Everything I Feel In Me' tour up to NJPAC 3 years ago. Thrilling. Just thrilling. You added immeasurably to my life experience and for that I thank you. Being an Aretha fan has been an absolute joy.

Hi All: It was reported on the news here that Aretha is out of the Detroit Medical Center hospital and is now in hospice care. I don't think it'll be much longer.
    Last edited by RTA6226; 08-13-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Don Lemon just told his audience on CNN that Aretha is at home in hospice care. May her journey home to her Heavenly Father be peaceful and loving.

Usually when someone is sent home in hospice care, that means it's over.

Oh my. Very sad to hear the news about Aretha.

I have to say though I still admire this woman's courage. That's one hopeful, praying woman. Whatever happens, if she survives it or she dies tomorrow night or whatever, she earned the rest like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I have to say though I still admire this woman's courage. That's one hopeful, praying woman. Whatever happens, if she survives it or she dies tomorrow night or whatever, she earned the rest like I said.
    You better believe it. Her nephew Tim was quoted as saying she’s alert, recognizing people and joking. What a woman.

Thanks to Queen Ree for all the great moments she gave me and the world.

Love, light & gratitude to Aretha. All hail the Queen.

It aint over until the Lord says it's over. I've known a couple of people to go into hospice and end up with a rebound, so I'm not giving up hope. But whenever it happens- tomorrow or twenty years from now- what a legacy to leave behind!! All hail the Queen indeed.

We just pray for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    You better believe it. Her nephew Tim was quoted as saying she’s alert, recognizing people and joking. What a woman.
    This latest piece about Aretha's condition is more hopeful [[and features her nephew Tim's quotes).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cele...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    This latest piece about Aretha's condition is more hopeful [[and features her nephew Tim's quotes).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cele...cid=spartandhp
    Yes, I just read that the family is backing off from the "near death" talk. We can only pray.

Wow!! LOVE it! Well, it aint over until GOD says it's over.

And more about Aretha: Stevie Wonder & Jesse Jackson visit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by RTA6226 View Post
    Wow!! LOVE it! Well, it aint over until GOD says it's over.
    Amen. Amen.

In her way. In her time. As befits a Queen.

Houston news site reports that the Queen is "at peace with her journey".

https://www.click2houston.com/entert...care-exclusive

*deep sigh*

New Bethel is currently holding a vigil for her as we speak. Wishing Aretha a peaceful journey for sure.

In this site, it reports Stevie's visit and says that while Aretha was always in hospice [[meaning never in the hospital), they told US Weekly that she's "hanging in there but recovery doesn't seem likely".

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...care/23502124/

I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable... I do hope she pulls through but I don't know.

The whole world is holding a vigil for her. This thread is part of that. So much love for Aretha.

Jay Z and Beyonce dedicated their Detroit show on Monday to Aretha. DJ Khalid played songs for the crowd beforehand. He also told the crowd about Aretha and played 'Respect'
    The over 50,000 crowd SANG RESPECT OUT LOUD. This was tweens, teenagers, twenty something year olds and thirty year olds. And it looked to me that all of them knew the words. This is a 50+ year old song! I've worked with kids in Detroit for 40+ years. There are only a few songs that people from 10 to 80 know. 'Respect' is one. 'My Girl' is another. 'Ain't no mountain high enough [[Marvin/Tammi)'. If I do the hand signal, the kids know 'Stop! In the Name of Love'. There is only one artist that I can remember where 5 generations of my family had their records at the same time, and that's Aretha. Even when Michael J was at his peak, my great-great aunt and grandmother did not want nor buy his records. Only Aretha spanned the generations. My great-great aunt had her records, my grandmother had her records, my Mother had her records, I had her records and my little niece danced and sang to her records. Long live the Queen!