[REMOVE ADS]

The music of wanda rogers msarvelettes on her post bday

They are highlighting and playing every at least all the singles released with wanda rogers on lead of the marvelettes. What a treasure of music on wmel tune in radio internet happy bday wanda rogers u gave a glorious body of music for the marvelettes as did gladys during part of their career

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    They are highlighting and playing every at least all the singles released with wanda rogers on lead of the marvelettes. What a treasure of music on wmel tune in radio internet happy bday wanda rogers u gave a glorious body of music for the marvelettes as did gladys during part of their career
    Thank you Fran. I am going to check it out now.

Thanks Franjoy! Right now the DJ is speaking to a couple ladies and they're talking about what they consider Wanda's greatest performance...and both of them mention my favorite, "The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game."

I did not see this until almost midnight Eastern time. I have been listening for half an hour now and no mention of Wanda, so I guess I tuned in too late. I did hear Road Runner, which was great!

Percy Sledge's "It Tears Me Up" is playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I did not see this until almost midnight Eastern time. I have been listening for half an hour now and no mention of Wanda, so I guess I tuned in too late. I did hear Road Runner, which was great!

It ended at 6:00 PST, I believe. Sounds like a great station to tune in for the music we love.

I am sorry you missed it. They had Wanda on and one of her sisters. They spoke very candidly on just about everything.

Could anyone name all the songs that were featured?

Could anyone name all the songs that were featured?
    There were a lot of them. Most of the Wanda led hits and a lot of album tracks with Wanda on the lead.

Wanda has one of the sexiest voices in the history of music,had she been able to continue her career she would've been a major force,whether in or out of the marvelettes...wanda forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am sorry you missed it. They had Wanda on and one of her sisters. They spoke very candidly on just about everything.
    Hi Marv. Glad Wanda was participating!! How did she sound? One of the greatest voices of Motown.

No wanda did not participate her sister did there was a promo w wandas voice promoting motown memories. Wandas voice is very raspy as heard on tvone few years ago. The played every single release featuring wanda on lead plus some lp tracks like your love can save me. Dont make hurting me a habit. Truths outside my door so long baby just to name a few. T dj pat sweetpea washington is one of wandas biggest fans t show was done in celebration of her bday on aug 9

@franjoy56, didn't you say once you were the president of the Marvelettes fan club at one time? Do you have any of the old fan club materials? It would be so fun to see those posted here sometime if you do.

I have some of those single copies. I dont kno how t post on here though it wasv t smv fan club

Do you know how to scan them as a PDF file? If you do, you could email them to me and I could post them for you.