[REMOVE ADS]

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    The question being, is it ready to go, or are they still working on it?.

i would imagine In and Out was in the act for a few months. prob Jan 67 through Feb or March maybe. by that time, it was pretty much done on the charts and wasn't a massive seller. then you had the hopes for Forever [[although it didn't do much either)

then you have the girls dealing with the assassination's of MLK, starting the duets work in the studios, endorsing Humphrey, some more dates in europe, their debut at the Frontier in July.

Both Forever and Some Things were probably only in the act for short times. they were pretty much using their same show through this time and touring.

August is when they seemed to do a reset of sorts - tCB and Love Child were radical advancements for the group, along with the release of I'm Gonna Make You Love Me.

so for the first half of 68, the singles weren't really doing much but they seemed so busy with things that they were just running and running

The original release was March 1968.
    Diana's and Mary's b days are in March as well, so hopefully we'll get Reflections EE. Hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    The original release was March 1968.
    Diana's and Mary's b days are in March as well, so hopefully we'll get Reflections EE. Hopefully
    Maybe by March 2068! LOL!

Come out come out wherever you are where is there a change of hands at universal are the new people not interested in Diana Ross or fans or The Supremes somethings not right we always had this really sets come out it would be nice to know , Can someone please explain this to us each year new members passed away going to the heavens above well at least we hope , We’re eternally grateful and thankful to George and Andy

Come on universal

I am truly surprised we have not heard anything whatsoever about this possible release. At this point, I'd be fine with a digital only release [[with PDF Booklet of course). I hope George, Andy and the others who make these releases can shed some light on what's been going on.

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish46 View Post
    I am truly surprised we have not heard anything whatsoever about this possible release. At this point, I'd be fine with a digital only release [[with PDF Booklet of course). I hope George, Andy and the others who make these releases can shed some light on what's been going on.
    I know there are those who demand physical or nothing, and they're entitled to that view...for themselves. I, however, would be fine with a digital release if that's the only chance we have of getting it sooner rather than later. I'd prefer physical for sure, but I'd rather have something than nothing at all at this point.

I'm one that's pro-physical. I view these EE like collecting a China pattern, or a baseball card set. We're so close to completing the entire collection!

the most important thing to me is receiving the music and whatever info/data the booklets provide. i too really enjoy the physical packages and all. but in the end, i just end up uploading the discs to itunes so really not too upset if it's digital.

Nothing.
    No word.no owe, no baby baby.
    Notta

18/8/22 - doubt it's ever going to happen. Thankfully many years ago I bought 'Reflections' CD with the two additional tracks. It's always been my fav '60's Supremes album.

If only they'd provide all the booklets in digital format.

There must be a business opportunity there for someone lol - on demand digital booklets. I'd definitely welcome the Complete Motown Singles booklets for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    If only they'd provide all the booklets in digital format.

There must be a business opportunity there for someone lol - on demand digital booklets. I'd definitely welcome the Complete Motown Singles booklets for starters.
    i took the paper booklets from the EE and other cd releases and just scanned them in. but the books [[the jean terrell, scherrie payne sets, the pink box set) i've not been able to scan in due to the binding.

i'd love the motown singles series but i'm not really all that interested in most of the content. i'd love to hear all of the sup content, the tops. maybe MRATV. but agree - would be great to have this as a digital publication

Ever since that guy from Germany was charged for selling bootleg CDs there have been no expanded editions there may have been a lot of bad blood there

Plus Andy was more interested in the needs and wants of Mary than the Actual person who sang the songs

copying this over from a previous thread. we've received a ton of content. some years we got several. some years just 1. and there have been a few recently [[especially during the pandemic) were we understandably didn't receive anything.

Andy, George, Harry and the others have all said how they really fight to get things slotted in. but schedules change and that's just life. so we did get the MW set in and that had tons of alt versions of 70s songs plus some unreleased songs that sort of bridge between the DRATS and early jean time.

here's a list of what we got and when

1999 - the boss
    1999 - merry christmas, with bonus tracks
    2000 - pink box set
    2001 - diana
    2001 - Diana & Marvin
    2001 - motown christmas album with Bethlehem and O Holy Night
    2002 - Diana Ross 70
    2002 - 70s anthology
    2002 - R&H
    2003 - to love again
    2003 - the #1s
    2004 - There's a place for us
    2004 - Together, the Temps duets
    2004 - WDOLG
    2004 - live in japan
    2005 - supremes gold [[the GH packages)
    2006 - jean terrell years
    2006 - Blue
    2006 - Reflections dvd
    2007 - Last time i saw him
    2008 - Lost and found
    2008 - Everything is everything
    2008 - Surrender
    2009 - magnificent, four top duets
    2010 - Meet the supremes
    2010 - touch me in the morning
    2011 - More hits
    2011 - scherrie payne years
    2011 - 50th anniversary
    2011 - best of Ed Sullivan and the Supremes dvd
    2012 - copa
    2012 - symphony
    2012 - DR 76
    2013 - motown unreleased 1963 with CW&P outtakes
    2014 - Baby it's me
    2014 - funny girl digital
    2015 - merry christmas, with more bonus tracks
    2015 - DR sings the wiz
    2016 - motown unreleased 1966 with From Broadway to Hollywood outtakes
    2017 - A go go
    2017 - ultimate merry christmas
    2018 - HDH
    2019 - motown unreleased 1969, for once in my life
    2020 - Funny girl, cd and other bonus tracks
    2022 - mary wilson anthology

33/45, how many have you got?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Plus Andy was more interested in the needs and wants of Mary than the Actual person who sang the songs
    I do not believe this is a fair statement to be made against someone who has spent more than two decades producing releases that celebrate the full catalogs of ALL of the Supremes, including solo releases. I absolutely appreciate all that he has done.

The list that sup_fan provided shows Diana Ross’ work is well represented. Of the 45 releases listed there are only 5 that do not feature Diana Ross, and Diana is also included on Mary’s Anthology.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    33/45, how many have you got?
    41/45

And then there are the other Motown releases.

44 of 45. Only one I don’t have is Live in Japan. Multiple copies of all DMF, DRATS and Diana.

44/45. I am absolutely grateful and wouldn't dream of complaining.

Clearly you didn’t hear his interview with John Perone [MoSoGoTam]. This is a factually incorrect statement and unnecessary and unwarranted accusation against Andy.
    Last edited by thanxal; 08-19-2022 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Autocorrect error fixed

John Perone Was clearly a Huge Diana Ross fan and Mary not so much if you listened to the podcasts it is clearly stated

John Perone Was clearly a Huge Diana Ross fan and Mary not so much if you listened to the podcasts it is clearly stated
    That's putting it politely.

it's clear that the team has gone out of their way to get as much content out, across the broadest definition of the universe of "Supremes" solo material, live things, dvds, etc. There are certainly constraints that are our of their control - i'd guess TCB would be one. and i think Andy mentioned they explored adding the Drury Lane farewell recording but again, ownership and rights.

But otherwise, they are working to get as much out as possible. they've also been clear that they'll never release anything that is either against their wishes or shows any of the ladies in a poor light

Absolutely false.

Here's some advice for you from Abraham Lincoln:
    “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

Read my post again. I wasn’t talking about John Perone. I was referring to what Andy said on his show, which was no where close to what you implied about him.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    copying this over from a previous thread. we've received a ton of content. some years we got several. some years just 1. and there have been a few recently [[especially during the pandemic) were we understandably didn't receive anything.

Andy, George, Harry and the others have all said how they really fight to get things slotted in. but schedules change and that's just life. so we did get the MW set in and that had tons of alt versions of 70s songs plus some unreleased songs that sort of bridge between the DRATS and early jean time.

here's a list of what we got and when

1999 - the boss
    1999 - merry christmas, with bonus tracks
    2000 - pink box set
    2001 - diana
    2001 - Diana & Marvin
    2001 - motown christmas album with Bethlehem and O Holy Night
    2002 - Diana Ross 70
    2002 - 70s anthology
    2002 - R&H
    2003 - to love again
    2003 - the #1s
    2004 - There's a place for us
    2004 - Together, the Temps duets
    2004 - WDOLG
    2004 - live in japan
    2005 - supremes gold [[the GH packages)
    2006 - jean terrell years
    2006 - Blue
    2006 - Reflections dvd
    2007 - Last time i saw him
    2008 - Lost and found
    2008 - Everything is everything
    2008 - Surrender
    2009 - magnificent, four top duets
    2010 - Meet the supremes
    2010 - touch me in the morning
    2011 - More hits
    2011 - scherrie payne years
    2011 - 50th anniversary
    2011 - best of Ed Sullivan and the Supremes dvd
    2012 - copa
    2012 - symphony
    2012 - DR 76
    2013 - motown unreleased 1963 with CW&P outtakes
    2014 - Baby it's me
    2014 - funny girl digital
    2015 - merry christmas, with more bonus tracks
    2015 - DR sings the wiz
    2016 - motown unreleased 1966 with From Broadway to Hollywood outtakes
    2017 - A go go
    2017 - ultimate merry christmas
    2018 - HDH
    2019 - motown unreleased 1969, for once in my life
    2020 - Funny girl, cd and other bonus tracks
    2022 - mary wilson anthology
    2023 will be the 1st year in 25 years [[with the exception of Covid) that we've not had a Supremes/Diana release.

Considering it was the 60th anniversary of their breakthrough year in terms of chart action you would have thought there would have been something.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    2023 will be the 1st year in 25 years [[with the exception of Covid) that we've not had a Supremes/Diana release.
    You are exactly correct, if you are referring to Reflections, as I just found out this morning, it has been canceled. I’m very disappointed. I’ve heard the remastered mono and stereo versions. I was looking forward to all the extras and hoping it would be out on vinyl. I was told this has been canceled, not delayed. Let’s become Beatles fans. They get re-releases every hour on the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    You are exactly correct, if you are referring to Reflections, as I just found out this morning, it has been canceled. I’m very disappointed. I’ve heard the remastered mono and stereo versions. I was looking forward to all the extras and hoping it would be out on vinyl. I was told this has been canceled, not delayed. Let’s become Beatles fans. They get re-releases every hour on the hour.
    I've heard "whisperings" of this as well, and, naturally, am disappointed, and frankly? A bit angry. We have supported every single Supremes/Diana release, many buying multiple copies. The Supremes /Diana catalog is the ONE catalog that consistently sells out. It's the one catalog that is consistently talked about, and asked for. Radio programs dedicated whole shows to a new EE. And what do they give us? ANOTHER Marvin Gaye reissue. They're so close to the end. Reflections, Love Child, Sunshine, and Cream. What a slap in the face.

Could it be a business decision to wait until Ross dies believing it will sell more then as opposed to now?

I have been playing Jimmy Buffett music all day. “Come Monday” is absolutely brilliant, and I have not heard it in decades until today.

Last edited by Circa 1824; 09-03-2023 at 09:53 AM.

So very true - death sells!

This is my all time fav DRATS tv performance. Mary debuted her blonde wig and Diana her Marilyn Monroe look. Ross was in great voice here and we get a good look at Cindy for the first time. The white dresses should have stayed as they were, simple and elegant.

[[I was chastised on another board some years ago when I said this Sullivan performance was the first national tv show with Cindy. I was corrected that it was the Hollywood Palace on ABC, but had to point out that ABC didn't have nearly the number of affiliates that CBS and NBC had. So for me this was the first time I saw Cindy and that is true for others in rural America. ABC didn't come on strong nationally until the 70s.)

The song stayed in the act a few months. When it fell off the charts here it was released in Europe just as the ladies were embarking an a long European tour, the one that gave us the TOTT lp. I love the live version of this song but for some reason Ross could never get the lyrics quite right.

I think the song was dropped in the US performances when Forever Came Today was issued. IAOOL was a mild hit record, for some reason it just didn't catch on like the previous hits. The instrumental track sounded like it was done on the West Coast. For whatever reason, for me I never tire of hearing this one. The Happening? You can have that one.

Hello everyone, I’m back. What did I miss? Lol.

Let me start with this: After You, I love and have always loved Diana Ross. I love and have always loved all nine of The Supremes. But I’m not a fan of your pretty shitty and inaccurate statement about me. Easy to do when you’re behind a screen name. If you want to know how I feel about any artist, group or musical genre, just ask. You know where to find me.

Sup_Fan, that’s a pretty great list. It’s easy to forget how many things we’ve done in the past 24 years. And that list only contains the Supremes/Ross catalog. There are others I completely forget about until I see the CD or someone mentions it. I came here with the intention of doing everything we have so far accomplished. Some of those were easy sells, and some of them I fought like hell to get. And I was never alone. George Solomon, Kevin Reeves, Joe Marchese, and Harry Weinger each brought their expertise and their talents, and have always made this all possible. There are others who also work silently in the background, and I owe very much to them as well. It’s always a group effort. And we are NOT done yet.

Now, Reflections hasn’t been cancelled because it was never approved. We put in for it, we got denied. We tried again and again. The decision is completely out of our hands. So we’ve decided to leave it for the time being, and move on to other exciting projects we hope you’ll love. We will revisit Reflections next year, and hopefully get the approval we have longed to get. And while we are at it, we will ask for more Diana Ross, more Supremes, and more Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post

Let me start with this: After You, I love and have always loved Diana Ross. I love and have always loved all nine of The Supremes. But I’m not a fan of your pretty shitty and inaccurate statement about me. Easy to do when you’re behind a screen name. If you want to know how I feel about any artist, group or musical genre, just ask. You know where to find me.

Sup_Fan, that’s a pretty great list. It’s easy to forget how many things we’ve done in the past 24 years. And that list only contains the Supremes/Ross catalog. There are others I completely forget about until I see the CD or someone mentions it. I came here with the intention of doing everything we have so far accomplished. Some of those were easy sells, and some of them I fought like hell to get. And I was never alone. George Solomon, Kevin Reeves, Joe Marchese, and Harry Weinger each brought their expertise and their talents, and have always made this all possible. There are others who also work silently in the background, and I owe very much to them as well. It’s always a group effort. And we are NOT done yet.

Now, Reflections hasn’t been cancelled because it was never approved. We put in for it, we got denied. We tried again and again. The decision is completely out of our hands. So we’ve decided to leave it for the time being, and move on to other exciting projects we hope you’ll love. We will revisit Reflections next year, and hopefully get the approval we have longed to get. And while we are at it, we will ask for more Diana Ross, more Supremes, and more Motown.
    Thanks Andy! Keep hope alive!!!

Yes, thank you, Andy! and George, Harry, Joe, Kevin and all of you.

Sorry if I upset you I do not ever recall saying anything about you , no harm was meant , you took this the wrong way , there’s nothing wrong with catering to the needs and wants of Mary Wilson we cater to the needs and wants of all of them , my God
    Last edited by after you; 09-03-2023 at 06:16 PM.

Andy.
    Great to hear from you
    You have been missed.
    Thank you

Sorry if I upset you I do not ever recall saying anything about you , no harm was meant , you took this the wrong way , there’s nothing wrong with catering to the needs and wants of Mary Wilson we cater to the needs and wants of all of them , my God
    Oh?

08-18-2022, 05:12 PM #366
    after you

Join DateMar 2021Posts570 Rep Power37

Andy it’s always a huge pleasure to have you join in the discussions here. You and the team have provided so much joy and pleasure to us fans with the material we have received. Of course we’re greedy and want more! Lol but I think its say to speak for pretty much everyone here in THANKING YOU for what we’ve already received

Many, many thanks and much love for all your hard work!

Cmon, Andrew, we talked about this before, mustn't let renegade fans get under your skin. Keep your shirt on...but don't take that literally. We all love your work

Andy, the work you and the team do is greatly respected. And the fact that you and George pop in to give us updates, announcements and tidbits of trivia about the music, makes us feel appreciated. I'm believing whatever is standing in the way of Reflections EE and anything else will soon be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Oh?

08-18-2022, 05:12 PM #366
    after you

Join DateMar 2021Posts570 Rep Power37

I imagine the appropriate screennames reading this post like:

Name:  rhoa-who-said-that-who-said-that.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  8.4 KB

I feel like such a bad Supremes fan for saying this but I wouldn't be too heartbroken if the DRATS albums weren't given expanded editions. I would love it and I would buy them if it happened but I was always more into the DMF years. Love Child is really the only DRATS album I can say that I love.

What I would love though is if I could easily buy the earlier released expanded editions. I kick myself for not getting them back in the days. The one I did buy back then was Rodgers and Hart. I was surprised when I saw it in Tower Records. But I finally started buying them starting with More Hits and starting with A Go Go I bought more than one copy.

Anyway Andy, you guys have brought a lot of joy into us crazy fans lives. Disregard the very few loons that lurk around here.

Good to hear from you Andy ...and you know the majority of us here cant thank you enough for what you have given us throughout the years...it cant be an easy job.

Hoping that we will get something extra special next year to celebrate Diana's 80th birthday We are six months away from this special milestone!
    Last edited by carlo; 09-04-2023 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Hoping that we will get something extra special next year to celebrate Diana's 80th birthday We are six months away from this special milestone!
    That would be fabulous Carlo. A bit of a pipe dream, but i would love a new box set to include rare or unreleased recordings. Worst scenario being absolutely nothing or another Hits compilation.