[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    I can just say we're working hard to continue the expanded editions. Creatively, it's not a problem. Where Universal is concerned it's a waiting game for all of us. Please know that if there's something official to announce we will happily do it!
    George, thanks again for all your hard work. The previous sets are so good it is hard not to get excited about what comes next. I'll be waiting in eager anticipation for any announcement.
    Sincerely,
    Thanxal.

I am assuming that Reflections was originally released in march 1968, I am assuming that this may come around march 2019. just guessing of course.
    I am hoping we get more Kevin Reeves mixs and less live sets.
    thanks you George and team for all U do

unfortunately most of the released really aren't being timed with any corresponding original release date. a few of them have but seems like more are coming out whenever Universal seems to get them scheduled.

George, thank you very much! I am sure when the expanded edition is released that it will be excellent. Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Some information here on future releases

http://www.soulmusic.com/motown-spotlight-october-2018/

I can just say we're working hard to continue the expanded editions. Creatively, it's not a problem. Where Universal is concerned it's a waiting game for all of us. Please know that if there's something official to announce we will happily do it!
    And we will be happy to hear! You & your team have been consistently providing great editions for us fans and like the rest of us I thank you!

When you look at the overall catalog, from "Meet the Supremes" up to "Relections", this is where things really start to get good. You've got Flo's departure, the end of HDH, the name change of Supremes to DRATS, the amping up of the Andantes.....historically, what an important release.

Hi Mr. George!

It may be a moot point, but is there anything the fans can do? Short of a letter writing campaign or flooding someone's email or hashtagging on Twitter, can our voices assist at all in getting your hard work to see the light of day? I know that sales [[good or bad) speak for themselves, but perhaps there's something other than posting here that can help the process?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Hi Mr. George!

It may be a moot point, but is there anything the fans can do? Short of a letter writing campaign or flooding someone's email or hashtagging on Twitter, can our voices assist at all in getting your hard work to see the light of day? I know that sales [[good or bad) speak for themselves, but perhaps there's something other than posting here that can help the process?
    Great idea Mary! We must all play our part in the process. Over to you George.....

Maybe someone could help me to clarify, my version of "Reflections" are ending with spoken words "Reflections" and no fade out. Is that the extended stero mix which is here mentioned or it´s another one?

Further questions to the experts, is there maybe a live version of "Forever came today" in the faults ?

Thanx for help and any answers

originally the song was going to have a stop ending. the original version did NOT repeat the choruses but went straight into ending. on the version on the #1, if you cut from 2:30 to 3:02 or so, that's how the song would have run.

the original also had the "all in vain, reflections remain" backing vocals at the end of the bridge.

it's interesting to hear the different versions, although i think the released one was the best.

As for Forever, the closest we currently have to a live version is the one on Ed Sullivan. I actually think the girls are all singing live, which is unusual. the handclaps by M and C certainly sound live and Diana is singing live into her mic. It's possible that they incorporated the song into their live shows for a period but they might not have. it was pretty clear pretty quickly that the song was not going to be a smash.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    As for Forever, the closest we currently have to a live version is the one on Ed Sullivan. I actually think the girls are all singing live, which is unusual. the handclaps by M and C certainly sound live and Diana is singing live into her mic. It's possible that they incorporated the song into their live shows for a period but they might not have. it was pretty clear pretty quickly that the song was not going to be a smash.
    It was in their live shows for a short time. I have a review from a show they did in Cleveland, Ohio in March 1968 and it talks about how they premiered their latest single "Forever Came Today."

^very cool! so maybe they will be able to include some live content in a Reflections Expanded release

the Sullivan version is interesting in that M and C don't even attempt to figure out the backing vocals and just sing Ahhhhhh.

^very cool! so maybe they will be able to include some live content in a Reflections Expanded release

the Sullivan version is interesting in that M and C don't even attempt to figure out the backing vocals and just sing Ahhhhhh.
    Funny, I've heard the song hundreds of times and have seen the Sullivan clip just as many, and never realized the difference.

There have been some old posts over the years here trying to decipher what the hell the andantes are saying. But it’s a challenge. I can’t remember exactly what it is but something along the lines of “I got a man” and some other lines. But yeah. For the show they just kept Ahhh-ing lol

Yes, I was the one who ask for the backround vocals as "MrLonleyheart", there are:
    Ah, ah-hah. Now I've got my love at last.
    Ah, ah-hah, Now my loneliness has passed.
    At that time it was the greatest dissapointment for me, that no Supreme were on the record, only Diana. I recognized this, as I heard the live version on Ed Sullivan, so it would be interesting to know, if any live version exists by the group, where the girls sing the above mentioned vocals in the backround.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Some information here on future releases

http://www.soulmusic.com/motown-spotlight-october-2018/
    SAD!! Future release plans are “sketchy” [[REFLECTIONS) and there are cans of unreleased Diana material.

My reading: The work involved won’t make Motown/Ume enough money, i.e., “follow the money!!l”. So many fans are disappointed. Three cheers for “bootlegs!” At least we get something!
    Last edited by longtimefan; 11-07-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    SAD!! Future release plans are “sketchy” [[REFLECTIONS) and there are cans of unreleased material.

My reading: The work involved won’t make them enough money, i.e., “follow tge money!!l”
    Yeah, but when haven't they been uncertain? Just keep buying them and hope for the best.

using basic business knowledge, if a product is profitable then produce more of it. if it is not profitable, explore cost reduction methods or cancel the product.

here's a list of all of the various expanded and reissued that have come out for the Sups/Diana:

2001 - Diana Anthology
    2002 - 70s Anthology
    2002 - R&H complete recordings
    2002 - Diana 70 expanded edition
    2003 - #1's
    2003 - Diana 1980 expanded
    2003 - To Love Again expanded
    2004 - There's a Place For Us released
    2004 - Sups & Tempts complete duets
    2004 - Where Did Our Love Go expanded
    2006 - Blue
    2006 - Reflections dvd set
    2006 - Jean Terrell box set
    2007 - Last Time I Saw Him expanded
    2008 - Everything is Everything expanded
    2008 - Surrender expanded
    2008 - Lost & Found Sups
    2009 - Magnificent duets
    2009 - Touch Me in the AM expanded
    2010 - meet Sups expanded set
    2011 - Sups on Ed Sullivan dvd
    2011 - Let Yourself Go set
    2011 - 50th Anniver Singles set
    2011 - More hits expanded
    2012 - I Hear A Symphony expanded
    2012 - Copa expanded
    2012 - Ross expanded
    2014 - rerelease of all Sups and Diana lps
    2014 - Baby It's me expanded
    2014 - Funny Girl
    2015 - Diana RCA albums expanded editions
    2015 - Diana Wiz
    2015 - Sup Merry Xmas
    2017 - A Go Go
    2018 - Sing HDH

this is a significant list of product and so logic would tell us that there'll be another release. they more or less seem to get one in every 12 - 18 months. Since HDH came out in April 2018, i'm guessing they probably won't have another release for us until well into 2019

using basic business knowledge, if a product is profitable then produce more of it. if it is not profitable, explore cost reduction methods or cancel the product.
    While I would normally support this statement, I know from fact that many companies now take into consideration how much profit they will make and if the amount is not large enough then they aren't willing to put in the work. I believe that is what is holding things up. It's not that these releases don't make a profit, but that they don't make enough profit.

^completely agree. it isn't always a positive/negative profit analysis but what project[[s) will bring in the most profit and return. So it could be that other projects generate more than Motown or Sup stuff.

Still though my overall point is that we've received a LOT of rare vaulted content on the Supremes. to have 35 releases over 17 years from an artist is amazing and the releases have, generally, been evenly paced. it's not as though things have dramatically dwindled in the last few years. so i don't know that there's any extreme evidence that we won't get more. but you never know. management changes, changing tastes or priorities, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    While I would normally support this statement, I know from fact that many companies now take into consideration how much profit they will make and if the amount is not large enough then they aren't willing to put in the work. I believe that is what is holding things up. It's not that these releases don't make a profit, but that they don't make enough profit.
    100%. Unfortunately the music industry is a very different place from what it was, even 5 years ago.

The next item on my music purchase list is to buy a second copy of the Sing HDH Expanded release from Amazon UK, as the price on there is quite affordable. I already have a copy that I purchased upon its initial release, but I like to compare this to making a pledge to public television. If you want to see more of a similar style of content, the guys in charge need to see that there is enough of a desire and support for it. Everything helps.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    That's why they should lease the catalog to boutique labels that are willing to take the chance. "Merry Christmas" Expanded did extremely well from what I understand.

for a while , things were coming out like clockwork but , as we know, things changed a few years ago. i believe motown universal merged with another company ....i think....and things changed. now the releases seem to slowly come out like a heinz ketchup commercial. it seems we get a ross solo release and one supremes per year but even now that is not certain. it seems thy have been holding ROSS 78 hostage for years.
    but I have always felt that they have always kept the Supremes releases top secret. I never have understood this and always thought it would be easy to just release a statement stating next release Reflections march 2019 etc but obviously universal seems to have other plans. I don't think they have the Motown fans as a priority.
    my guess we wont see anything until next year,sadly

I'm hoping Universal still hears us. "Reflections Expanded Edition" would be a great Spring Surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I'm hoping Universal still hears us. "Reflections Expanded Edition" would be a great Spring Surprise.
    I'd second that!

Motown 60 is the perfect opportunity to start those releases coming!

Diana has done some high profile events as of late and quite a few more on the calendar.

The iron is hot!

It would be wonderful to get Ross 78 for all the celebrations for Diana Ross' birthday. Grammy celebration, Central Park theatrical release, etc. Ross 78 would be the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 02-02-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    It would be wonderful to get Ross 78 for all the all the celebrations for Diana Ross' birthday. Grammy celebration, Central Park theatrical release, etc. Ross 78 would be the icing on the cake.
    Universal is probably waiting until her 78th birthday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    It would be wonderful to get Ross 78 for all the all the celebrations for Diana Ross' birthday. Grammy celebration, Central Park theatrical release, etc. Ross 78 would be the icing on the cake.
    from your lips to gods ears
    I am hoping the same. it would be a great 2019 with the release of Ross78 and Reflections .
    with her personal appearances her sales are up recently.
    would love to see what Kevin Reeves does with Forever Came Today. I always felt it sounded like a demo. theres a version on the Japanese hits cd that is a bit different.
    I have become a huge fan of kevin reeves work

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Universal is probably waiting until her 78th birthday!!!
    That wouldn't surprise me. Lol

Saw this post over in the "Motown Forum" --

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...s-hopes-up-but

One of the things that surprises me is that it says that "Reflections" [[Expanded) is not yet greenlit. I thought George Solomon was clear that this title was in the works.

Anyone else have different information?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by zani57 View Post

One of the things that surprises me is that it says that "Reflections" [[Expanded) is not yet greenlit. I thought George Solomon was clear that this title was in the works.

Thank you.
    No, but things have a way of changing on them rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by zani57 View Post

Thank you.
    I think it’s very much “Hurry up and wait.” Universal may say they want the next album, but nothing is going to happen if the go-ahead isn’t approved. We all could be waiting two years for the next release and then suddenly Universal could say on Monday they want Reflections right now.

I would love to know who the people are that give the thumbs up. Clearly they don’t know a damn thing about business.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 03-16-2019 at 01:36 PM.

overall frustrating, . it just gets old. and so am I. by the time they get back on track I may need a hearing aid to listen to the next expanded edition

The fact that it's mid-March and we've only seen two Marvin Gaye releases [[You're The Man in vinyl and digital / A Tribute To Nat King Cole digital only) and no word on anything else is beginning to prove Motown 60 is going to be a bust. If they were smart they'd be doing 3-4 releases per quarter.

If Ross really wanted to make her fans happy, she would go to those in charge and promise to promote these expanded editions on social media and her concerts to insure higher sales. This might ensure their release.

[[If she wanted to make her fans happy, she would also get a new live show.)

honestly i am surprised she hasnt promoted them in the past. but at the same time, when I saw her live, she did have a few up on the big screen behind her. I remember the Lost and Found had just come out and she had it up on the big screen behind her.

Seems to me she's sold out and turned away from the definitive Motown era. Too much focus on the rediculious disco/80's sounds. Doesn't care about the r&b crowd. Everyone overlooks the r&b crowd. Panders to the overrated pop people.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    The fact that it's mid-March and we've only seen two Marvin Gaye releases [[You're The Man in vinyl and digital / A Tribute To Nat King Cole digital only) and no word on anything else is beginning to prove Motown 60 is going to be a bust. If they were smart they'd be doing 3-4 releases per quarter.
    Hope that's not the case, but you'd think we would at least get an announcement of what is to come this year. George, Andy, and Harry have been pretty quiet for the most part so they could be working on several releases.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    Hope that's not the case, but you'd think we would at least get an announcement of what is to come this year. George, Andy, and Harry have been pretty quiet for the most part so they could be working on several releases.
    lets hope dianas b day next week will bring a new announcement,....finally

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    lets hope dianas b day next week will bring a new announcement,....finally
    Amen to that!

It just seems like another missed opportunity. Her birthday is just a few days away and nothing. Really disappointed with Universal.

overall frustrating, . it just gets old. and so am I. by the time they get back on track I may need a hearing aid to listen to the next expanded edition
    I'm bordering on a bedside commode myself.

just to think that even with a announcement, we have to wait at least another month or two for the actual release. I would have had the new album released on her b day

We're almost finished with March and nothing. The end of the first quarter of the year is coming to an end. Even if something was announced on Diana's birthday, it'd be at least a month before we'd see anything and that'd be late April/early May. This is a sign of what to expect for Motown 60. A few releases [[digitally) and that's about it. Motown 50 was a wet fart. I see Universal is keeping the tradition going for this one.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 03-24-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Any rumors of it coming or have thing been put on hold for now?

i thought Ross 78 was next but who knows, but with all Dianas appearances and motown 60 , you would think we would have heard something. figures universal would be the ones NOT celebrating Dianas or Marys B days and or motown 60.

i thought Ross 78 was next but who knows, but with all Dianas appearances and motown 60 , you would think we would have heard something. figures universal would be the ones NOT celebrating Dianas or Marys B days and or motown 60.
    Yeah I think Universal needs someone else in charge.

just found my copy of Supremes Japan Quad mixs, i really like the backing vocals on Forever Came Today on this collection. i always thought this song was a demo sounding track. it has grown on me and now realise it was a bit head of its time. great Ross vocal. i few more tweeks this song could have been huge.
    thx universal for delivering again.not!