[REMOVE ADS]

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zani57 View Post
    I apologize in advance for asking this, but my Supremes box set is packed away in a box right now and I can't access it. On the bonus fifth disc of live cuts, where was that live version of "Reflections" recorded? Was that part of "Talk of the Town"? Just wondering if it could be from a set / concert that hasn't been released in full yet. Thanks.
    It was from the Roostertail in 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    At the very slow speed things are going regarding expanded Refections and Love Child, we all might be in nursing homes at that point or worse.
    I just got out of a nursing home after 8 months of hospital and rehab due to Covid. I have what now seems to be permanent loss of hearing, smell, taste and sensory normalcy - all in varying degrees. Fibromyalgia from my hips down. All of this and my life was never in danger, lots of folks around me had it much much much much worse. Do everything you can to protect yourself - little slip-ups can be monumental - be here for Reflections Expanded and beyond! I’m hoping for a 6 minute version of Bah Bah Bah with 5 killer alternate vocals!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I just got out of a nursing home after 8 months of hospital and rehab due to Covid. I have what now seems to be permanent loss of hearing, smell, taste and sensory normalcy - all in varying degrees. Fibromyalgia from my hips down. All of this and my life was never in danger, lots of folks around me had it much much much much worse. Do everything you can to protect yourself - little slip-ups can be monumental - be here for Reflections Expanded and beyond! I’m hoping for a 6 minute version of Bah Bah Bah with 5 killer alternate vocals!
    So sorry to hear that - hope things improve for you.

I am very sorry to read this. I hope you recover your senses and heal quickly. All the best to you!

@TheMotownManiac,

Let me add my good wishes for a full recovery as well. Hopefully your sense of smell will return at some point. I’ve read it can take quite a while but usually does return eventually. Thoughts and prayers to you from all your friends here.

Kenneth
    Last edited by kenneth; 10-07-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Best wishes and hope for your recovery. It hurts to read about Covid but we must be aware and vigilant.

I'm sorry to hear that you suffered from COVID-19 [along with the complications from it]. Wishing you well and that you can eventually make a full recovery.

get well soon,prayers

Well thank you all for your well wishes! I only brought it up because of that nursing home line and I thought it was kind of funny, but I do entreat you all to do everything humanly possible to avoid this thing. I can’t tell you how awful it was seeing doctors and nurses and aides working 80 hour weeks exhausted and I mean exhausted exhausted while there are people all over the country who are not even trying to avoid it. I expect there to be stipulations in some hospitals that they will not treat Covid patients who are unvaccinated or won’t give them respirators perhaps. It’s up to the nurses to call families to tell them that their loved one had passed because no one‘s allowed on the floor. And they are also the ones that have to deny visitations for folks who are going to die any day or any hour, and it’s devastating to these healthcare professionals to have to do this on a daily basis sometimes. Just to be able to bring you water they have to get a whole new set up gloves masks and gowns on, and if they forget to bring your medication or any little thing they have to go through the whole process again just to step out in the hallway. The amount of PPE they go through I can’t even imagine. I was very lucky I didn’t get any of the lung problems badly. I will deal with whatever I have to deal with but it’s gonna be a whole lot easier if I have awesome expanded editions to look forward to!

Cheers to you and your recovery. Covid made it's way into my family last holiday season; my Dad had the worst of it, and was in the ICU for 41 days. My Mom and I had it as well; I was out of work for three weeks. It puts a lot of things into perspective, and the residual affects will linger on for a lifetime. I still have troubles sometimes forming words. I can see them, I know what they mean, but just can't get my brain to say them. But the music plays on. ♡

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Cheers to you and your recovery. Covid made it's way into my family last holiday season; my Dad had the worst of it, and was in the ICU for 41 days. My Mom and I had it as well; I was out of work for three weeks. It puts a lot of things into perspective, and the residual affects will linger on for a lifetime. I still have troubles sometimes forming words. I can see them, I know what they mean, but just can't get my brain to say them. But the music plays on. ♡
    I forgot, I have that can’t form words thing also. And memory issues. LOL but the music plays on and we are both blessed compared to the house so many people went through. Your father in the ICU 41 days, my goodness. I’ve been told that these conditions shouldn’t get any worse, and that they all may improve, or not. Personally, I know that my fibromyalgia is worse the rest I can’t tell. My best to you and your family. It’s times like this, when a pandemic it’s cutting across all forms of humanity, you would think that the commonality with register with some peoples brains and they might not bother spending so much time dealing with ways to be legend what other things divide people……you’d think.

And memory issues.
    Hey MM!!! It's 1964 and there's this new girl group you should look into.

[j/k with warmest wishes to you for a speedy recovery]

I forgot, I have that can’t form words thing also. And memory issues. LOL but the music plays on and we are both blessed compared to the house so many people went through. Your father in the ICU 41 days, my goodness. I’ve been told that these conditions shouldn’t get any worse, and that they all may improve, or not. Personally, I know that my fibromyalgia is worse the rest I can’t tell. My best to you and your family. It’s times like this, when a pandemic it’s cutting across all forms of humanity, you would think that the commonality with register with some peoples brains and they might not bother spending so much time dealing with ways to be legend what other things divide people……you’d think.
    You'd think......lol. But just as the music plays on, the debate will forever be endless. Most of my responses here as of late are cheeky; probably don't add much to the conversation itself, but it is the conversation I love. Whether its Motown 25 for the 8000th time, or why or why not Mary should or shouldn't have worn the green pantsuit with Jean and Cindy in blue. Or was Mary in blue and Jean and Cindy in green? Lol. Anyway I'm glad to be amongst the living and glad you are as well.

I am so sorry to hear this. I am so glad you are doing better. My entire family in my household had gotten Covid last month. I got it the worst. I was so sick for the entire month of September. Just feeling a little better now. My brother and his son and daughter have been in the hospital with Covid for over a month. They are finally doing better and should be released soon. Again it breaks my heart knowing what you have gone through. This Covid is no joke. And still people run around with no masks. I don’t care if your vaccinated or not. My daughter was fully vaccinated and still got Covid. She was also so very sick. My Aunt was also fully vaccinated and was in the hospital from Covid. So everyone please wear your masks.

Extremely sorry to hear , if you take Metformin for Diabetes it may help with your hearing that’s very disappointing that you can’t hear Diana Ross’s new music maybe this drug can help

Come on with Reflections

Maniac I'm sending you Supremes thoughts of wellness. you're in my thoughts and you continue your recovery. xoxo

miss my friend Bluebrock, hope he returns soon

Had a thought -- What if George's hint that "something is coming" was about Mary's Motown Anthology and not an Expanded Edition of "Reflections," which may not be coming out in any form until 202_____ ?

Had a thought -- What if George's hint that "something is coming" was about Mary's Motown Anthology and not an Expanded Edition of "Reflections," which may not be coming out in any form until 202_____ ?
    As Mr S posted on a Reflections Expanded Edition thread, i am really hoping that is not the case. That would be to cruel.

Mary’s Motown Anthology?? Now that’s funny!

I’m sure George is smart enough knowing we where talking about Reflections

In the Reflections EE thread? I doubt it.

I was responding to Daviddh's joke on this thread that he might be dead before the next release. I told him to try to hang on. I knew something was coming and I knew it was Mary's Anthology. Very sorry if it was misleading. The truth is I [[we) have certain restrictions about talking specifically about a release until the official record company announcement. We've also gotten used to false alarms, thinking something is coming out and then it isn't. I wish I had "Reflections" news but I don't. I think this release is pretty special. It's practically another Supremes Lost & Found featuring Mary. I'll answer questions the best I can. I appreciate that most comments here are very positive but don't be afraid of saying what you don't like. Everybody's got the right...

At this age, at Diana’s age, when many of her colleagues are gone, it’s great to get anything like this.

I hate to admit it but I buy next to nothing these days and rely on Sirius Satellite a lot and I am more interested in Reflections and maybe even Mary’s release than Diana’s new release - such blasphemy

I've given up on the Expanded Editions and have accepted they may not happen. I'm okay with it only because I wasn't a fan of the '68 and '69 albums save for Love Child. I only wish I had bought the earlier Expanded Editions like Where Did Our Love Go but I'm okay with listening to the songs on YouTube for now. I've already bought A Go Go and Sing HDH twice.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    I was responding to Daviddh's joke on this thread that he might be dead before the next release. I told him to try to hang on. I knew something was coming and I knew it was Mary's Anthology. Very sorry if it was misleading. The truth is I [[we) have certain restrictions about talking specifically about a release until the official record company announcement. We've also gotten used to false alarms, thinking something is coming out and then it isn't. I wish I had "Reflections" news but I don't. I think this release is pretty special. It's practically another Supremes Lost & Found featuring Mary. I'll answer questions the best I can. I appreciate that most comments here are very positive but don't be afraid of saying what you don't like. Everybody's got the right...
    George, we appreciate you coming onto the board and for all the work you do to make these releases so special. Of course, I am excited for the Mary Anthology. That said, we were talking about the Expanded Edition of "Reflections." I am sure you can see why when davidhh said he might be dead IN THIS, the Reflections Expanded Edition thread, that we would, of course, assume that you were on topic and referring to an Expanded Edition of "Reflections" by David's birthday. It occurred to me last night that somehow someway you could have been referring to Mary's Anthology. And, as you can see, I posted that and people said I was crazy for thinking such a thing. It is very discouraging. None of us is getting any younger. I even think it is sad that Mary had to wait so long for an anthology only to have passed away before its release. You are going to lose the audience for these releases. I am 64 and am old enough to have seen Diana Ross and the Supremes live in concert. I am sure you have your frustrations with all of this, too. Thank you, George, for listening/reading and for taking the time to come on the board and straighten out these questions. Best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Mary’s Motown Anthology?? Now that’s funny!
    Bwahahahahahaha!!! It’s hilarious!

Thanks George. Very happy to have the Mary set and still hope for Reflections.

It appears you were right all along zani57. At least we have Mary’s anthology set and Diana’s upcoming release to console us.

Thanks George I have ordered my two copies , can Flo Cindy and Diana he heard on this magnificent release , again thank you when released Reflections will be a huge seller

Ah George, you have to know we fan[[atics) always parse your words. I too thought you must be speaking about the "Reflections" set. Well, you're one of our champions so not to criticize, but it is hard to believe as someone said that it's been 4 years since the last Supremes EE release. Anyway, like I said you're our champion so I guess we have to forgive you!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    it's been 4 years since the last Supremes EE release.
    ...Funny Girl: The Ultimate Edition was just released last year, though.

Well George, I'm very disappointed in you. You know you have to be specific when talking to us. We've spent months thinking Reflections EE is coming because you, sir, made us believe it...without actually saying it, but that's on you, not us. And you call yourself a fan? Ha! In my un-elected position as Supremes Fan Club Membership Revoker, consider your fan club card snatched and torn to shreds. It may be returned to you upon the release of the next EE, which is apparently December, so I'm not sure how effective this punishment will be. But you better have learned your lesson.

On a serious note, most of us greatly appreciate the time and attention you and the vault team give these releases. And we're aware that you all are not the greenlighters of these projects, so I hope you know that when we froth at the mouth because of a lack of releases, that venom is directed at TPTB, not the vault team, who would probably release it all if it were up to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Valid point, but we already had an EE of this a few years ago. Not the same as a totally new release. I bet we get on folks' nerves the way we demand these releases and complain because the Supremes don't have a 999,999th release. So many great artists out there with their stuff vaulted away, and we've been getting unreleased Supremes stuff since the 80s. How dare we complain? Not that I'll stop complaining, of course. Just wondering about how we dare.

Just to clarify my earlier post.
    A friend recently passed from covid.
    It was heavy only mind at the time. But it seems so long ago since sing HDH.
    Hoping Reflections gets early 22 release

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post

Of course, you are correct. How could I forget that? I bought 3 copies of it!

As much as I WANT an expanded Reflections, the completist in me is partly sated by the fact that we made it through the DMF era with expanded editions. But only partly…I want it all!

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    As much as I WANT an expanded Reflections, the completist in me is partly sated by the fact that we made it through the DMF era with expanded editions. But only partly…I want it all!
    I still think of Flo as being on “Reflections” and we’ll get it maybe someday as an EE.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Valid point, but we already had an EE of this a few years ago. Not the same as a totally new release. I bet we get on folks' nerves the way we demand these releases and complain because the Supremes don't have a 999,999th release. So many great artists out there with their stuff vaulted away, and we've been getting unreleased Supremes stuff since the 80s. How dare we complain? Not that I'll stop complaining, of course. Just wondering about how we dare.
    I agree that we shouldn't been complaining. So much material has been released. And it's wonderful to have the full album of Blue and To the Baby -- I still think they should have released that as another "lost" album on its own, rather than the bonus disc of Touch Me In The Morning.

It is frustrating, though, to know that there is such a devoted team preparing all these releases, only to wait to be green-lighted by the decision makers of a multinational company [[Ross 1978 was announced as forthcoming on the A' GoGo EE, now four years ago).

To play a bit of a devil’s advocate here, it’s one thing to state our anticipation of an expected release, and something else to be, as some are on here, to say, “Well, I just give up.” IMHO, we need to continue to let the powers-that-be know we still care and that there is a demand. We are also human and have a right to be disappointed when we are. If we didn’t care, most of us wouldn’t be here.

The frustration lies with not having a complete set. It's like collecting baseball cards of your favorite team, only to be missing the most important 2 or 3 cards.

I've bought every Supremes EE, kind of in anticipation and expectation that we'd get EE's from "Meet" to "Crop". We're so close to the finish line; what's left? REFLECTIONS, LOVE CHILD, SUNSHINE, AND CROP?

I don't blame George or Andy. If you do enough research you know the asshat that isn't giving the green light. He needs to retire so these boys can finish their work.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    The frustration lies with not having a complete set. It's like collecting baseball cards of your favorite team, only to be missing the most important 2 or 3 cards.

I've bought every Supremes EE, kind of in anticipation and expectation that we'd get EE's from "Meet" to "Crop". We're so close to the finish line; what's left? REFLECTIONS, LOVE CHILD, SUNSHINE, AND CROP?

I don't blame George or Andy. If you do enough research you know the asshat that isn't giving the green light. He needs to retire so these boys can finish their work.
    Amen, marybrewster!

I just saw president Biden say,.. if your not gonna help get out of the way.
    That's also how I feel.
    Get on board or get off

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I just saw president Biden say,.. if your not gonna help get out of the way.
    That's also how I feel.
    Get on board or get off
    The thing is those of us who are wanting the complete collection have no way to help other than to clamor for the releases. David, the one or the ones who aren't advancing this cause, have the clout. I doubt they are going to get out of the way. They will stay in power and that's it. We just sit and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    If you kept peeling, would you eventually find Jimmy Hoffa?

Thanks, I never knew about this piece of Supremes intrigue.
    HaHa! Thanxal, you always crack me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    HaHa! Thanxal, you always crack me up!
    OMG. You found an oldie! I couldn't recall why I wrote that and while looking noticed just how old this thread is and the all the meandering we've done in it. This alone should merit a release of Reflections EE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    OMG. You found an oldie! I couldn't recall why I wrote that and while looking noticed just how old this thread is and the all the meandering we've done in it. This alone should merit a release of Reflections EE!!!
    For sure!!!!!!

I don’t understand why they can’t release this album everybody is waiting for it’s like we’re waiting for a long time ,this thread has over 55,000 views please give us our CD there’s no excuses

Maybe now that this -- somewhat rare -- live version of "In and Out of Love" has been cleaned up, it might be included on "Reflections" Expanded Edition --

Not sure how long the song remained in their act.
    Last edited by zani57; 02-21-2022 at 06:10 AM.