[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    "reflections of the way life used to be". Kinda appropriate, don't you think?
    Yes, but "into" whom do we put our "faith and trust"? Not the Deplorable-in-Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by zani57 View Post
    Yes, but "into" whom do we put our "faith and trust"? Not the Deplorable-in-Chief.
    Was that comment necessary? Some people just cannot keep their political views out of places they do not belong.

My faith is with Andy and George n team....

I just got the mono record and the mixes are noticeably different. On Forever, whoever is singing background is MUCH more audible than on the stereo mix. I noticed this on the 50th Anniversary collection. To my ears, they sound even more pronounced on this LP, but someone else with better ears will have to confirm. "Love" is an alternate and Sotosoundwas spot on about Reflections. This LP has a very nice, crisp sound. I've found some reissues of old LPs by other companies to have inferior sound quality. This was well-done. [[I also discovered that my original 1967 stereo discs are in bad shape. Time to find a cleaner copy).

Come on Universal.
    It's Diana b day....
    We r here waiting for reflections

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Was that comment necessary? Some people just cannot keep their political views out of places they do not belong.
    This is a free for all. He’s a disgrace and most of us on this here forum agree.

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    This is a free for all. He’s a disgrace and most of us on this here forum agree.
    Of course. Anyone disagreeing should take a moment to look up the meaning of the word as well as the historical and contemporary contexts of the word 'forum'. As if ...

Well, with the recent pandemic I wouldnt expect a release date anytime soon.

Agree.....I'm sure everyone is home ..this probably pushed back any chance even further ....

well maybe and maybe not. perhaps i'm too much of an optimist

but with people stuck in their homes for an extended period of time, we're finding that more and more media companies are releasing popular content in order to drive engagement. Lifetime Movies [[gag! lol) is doing their Xmas films marathons now. as are other streaming companies.

Some popular YouTube channels are preparing new and special "lockdown livestreams" and new videos.

so it's a stretch but MAYBE we can get some things from universal. at least digital content. I'm guessing here but sounds like maybe Reflections and Ross 78 were pretty close to being ready. perhaps they could proceed digitally at least

crossing fingers

Sup fan
    Agreed.
    This would be a good time to release when we've all home...
    Would love it

Thanks for your review, thanxal, in regards to the mono Reflections vinyl reissue. I may need to get this one, along with the new mono vinyl release of Sophisticated Soul. There's a 30% off coupon code that you can use on Sound of Vinyl's webstore at the moment [["30OFF"). However, with the current pandemic, you may need to be understandably patient with receiving your order.

My stand alone mono vinyl reissues of Reflections and Sophisticated Soul arrived today and both sound fantastic! The quality of the pressings are also top-notch. I was pleasantly surprised to see both albums came in a thicker cardboard glossy sleeve, versus the thinner matte sleeves that tend to accompany most new vinyl releases these days. The quality of the vinyl discs themselves is also amazing. I am accustomed to hearing a lot of static and surface noise on the new vinyl discs that are pressed in North America. However, these must have come out of a plant in Europe or somewhere that prioritizes quality control. Absolutely flawless...except for, get this...my copy of Reflections had a label slapped on side 2 for "The Temptations Sing Smokey" [[eye roll). So much for quality control lol. Thankfully, Universal's customer support team for their vinyl webstore are amazing, and they are couriering me a replacement copy. Great to listen to these albums, while identifying some of the differences between the mono and stereo mixes.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    My stand alone mono vinyl reissues of Reflections and Sophisticated Soul arrived today and both sound fantastic! The quality of the pressings are also top-notch. I was pleasantly surprised to see both albums came in a thicker cardboard glossy sleeve, versus the thinner matte sleeves that tend to accompany most new vinyl releases these days. The quality of the vinyl discs themselves is also amazing. I am accustomed to hearing a lot of static and surface noise on the new vinyl discs that are pressed in North America. However, these must have come out of a plant in Europe or somewhere that prioritizes quality control. Absolutely flawless...except for, get this...my copy of Reflections had a label slapped on side 2 for "The Temptations Sing Smokey" [[eye roll). So much for quality control lol. Thankfully, Universal's customer support team for their vinyl webstore are amazing, and they are couriering me a replacement copy. Great to listen to these albums, while identifying some of the differences between the mono and stereo mixes.
    Interesting to hear and glad you are happy with these!

Thank you PeaceNHarmony. Hopefully the expanded CD release of Reflections is not too far off.

What are the differences in the mono Reflections.
    Glad you enjoy your mono mixs

Thanks davidh. Here are some of the differences I've noticed. I'm sure there are more differences than what I have noted, so anyone else can feel free to chime in.

Reflections has an alternate vocal on Love Makes Me Do Foolish Things. I noticed Diana does this extra swooning type sound on Bah Bah Bah before the instrumental break [[similar to the sounds she makes before the fadeout), which I haven't noticed before on the stereo mix. What the World Needs Now seems to have louder background vocals, especially near the fadeout, which may or may not also be slightly extended. I'll have to go back and compare more closely between the mono and stereo to conclude for sure. Ode to Billie Joe has the drums mixed in much more upfront, which I like. It makes the song more soulful in my opinion.

Carlo.
    Thanks for the info.in some cases the mics can really be different.
    Looking forward to the expanded edition .....hopefully
    I would like to see what Kevin Reeves does with his new mixs....hopefully a new Forever Came Today

Thanks davidh. Here are some of the differences I've noticed. I'm sure there are more differences than what I have noted, so anyone else can feel free to chime in.

Reflections has an alternate vocal on Love Makes Me Do Foolish Things. I noticed Diana does this extra swooning type sound on Bah Bah Bah before the instrumental break [[similar to the sounds she makes before the fadeout), which I haven't noticed before on the stereo mix. What the World Needs Now seems to have louder background vocals, especially near the fadeout, which may or may not also be slightly extended. I'll have to go back and compare more closely between the mono and stereo to conclude for sure. Ode to Billie Joe has the drums mixed in much more upfront, which I like. It makes the song more soulful in my opinion.
    Thanks Carlo. I just ordered me a copy. Can’t wait to get it. Thanks for the heads up on 30OFF.

If an expanded edition is ever released i hope it includes more live recordings - some complete shows.

actually a box set of all the unreleased live stuff would be quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by supreme View Post
    If an expanded edition is ever released i hope it includes more live recordings - some complete shows.

actually a box set of all the unreleased live stuff would be quite nice.
    Live shows. I have been noticing lately, whenever I hear a live Supremes performance, the backing vocals by either Mary and Florence or Mary and Cindy is spot on and always much better than the anonymous vocals heard on some of the studio recordings. [[Dear Heaven, I hope I didn't open a can of worms here...) On one of the live performances of "Falling In And Out Of Love", I was knocked out at just how awesome Mary and Cindy sounded. In fact, they even sounded rather Soulful!

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    Live shows. I have been noticing lately, whenever I hear a live Supremes performance, the backing vocals by either Mary and Florence or Mary and Cindy is spot on and always much better than the anonymous vocals heard on some of the studio recordings. [[Dear Heaven, I hope I didn't open a can of worms here...) On one of the live performances of "Falling In And Out Of Love", I was knocked out at just how awesome Mary and Cindy sounded. In fact, they even sounded rather Soulful!
    i don't think anyone will disagree with your statement

Mary and Flo sound angelic together, i think...

Maybe they will include the Talk of the Town alternate show.
    Love ....In and Out of Love

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Maybe they will include the Talk of the Town alternate show.
    Love ....In and Out of Love
    Or just the original Talk of the Town would be fine by me. It's a real head-scratcher why it wasn't even "remastered for iTunes" alongside the lion's share of their catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by supreme View Post
    i don't think anyone will disagree with your statement

Mary and Flo sound angelic together, i think...
    I'm with you there. To me, sometimes the whole Supremes thing of Mary, Flo and Diana seems almost on the level of being spooky. Just by happenstance, these three ended up together, ended up being the only three after two other "fourth" members left, and they had the perfect blend and the perfect look and perfect sound. Then, these three just happened to be one of the few acts who could actually stand toe-to-toe with The Beatles and the whole British Invasion.

I remember in the book "Girl Groups: The Story Of A Sound" by Alan Betrock, a record producer commented that when The Beatles hit, it scared everyone. Nobody knew how to counter or keep pace. The girl groups actually were the answer for a spell, but still, this producer recalled how many gave up with the exception of Motown. Later in the same book, the comment was made that by '68, Motown was just about the only label able to keep their girl groups in the charts. The Supremes were a huge element of that. Again, who in the world could have engineered all of this?
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 04-05-2020 at 01:46 AM.

so is this getting a release or not?
    and the Supremes weren't the biggest girl group or the biggest black group of the 1960's, they were the biggest American group of the 1960's, more #1's on the Billboard POP chart than any other group of that historic decade, and the only group to knock The Beatles out of the #1 spot more than once or twice

Jim.they say yes but....what year is the question.
    We just passed both ladies B days and no celebrating from universal.
    Not sure what the hold up is now but originally it was over physical releases.
    I heard they just want downloads only
    ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    so is this getting a release or not?
    and the Supremes weren't the biggest girl group or the biggest black group of the 1960's, they were the biggest American group of the 1960's, more #1's on the Billboard POP chart than any other group of that historic decade, and the only group to knock The Beatles out of the #1 spot more than once or twice
    Yet they get played down by organizations like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. they have every "Band's" induction up on Youtube, but nothing on the Supremes or Berry Gordy's inductions. That's just an example.

I gotta say, it's pretty impressive that there are five pages of discussion on a title that has yet to be released. It shows that there is still interest and hopefully it will be hard to ignore for much longer. [[Fingers crossed)

I gotta say, it's pretty impressive that there are five pages of discussion on a title that has yet to be released. It shows that there is still interest and hopefully it will be hard to ignore for much longer. [[Fingers crossed)
    We love our Motown here on the forum. I'm excited at the prospect to hold Reflections EE in my hand. And BTW, what else could we discuss? Today's music just sucks compared to Motown in its hey-day.

It's been 15 months since we asked the perennial question: "When will we see the Expanded Edition of 'Reflections' ?"

In the meantime, Harry is promoting Questlove's documentary --

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQy_fVTM..._web_copy_link

It's been 15 months since we asked the perennial question: "When will we see the Expanded Edition of 'Reflections' ?"

I'm hoping Diana’s new music will spur more of the excellent Supremes expanded editions!

Where begging for new Expanded editions , how many wonderful fans have passed in those 15 months including Mary , Maybe there is personal changes happening at universal there not telling us about hopefully not , it would be most kind for a update from our Andy and George

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Where begging for new Expanded editions , how many wonderful fans have passed in those 15 months including Mary , Maybe there is personal changes happening at universal there not telling us about hopefully not , it would be most kind for a update from our Andy and George
    Andy and George will update us when they have news. Until then we just have to be patient and keep our fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Andy and George will update us when they have news. Until then we just have to be patient and keep our fingers crossed.

I’m crossing everything I have two of!

was just thinking with the positive feedback on Thanks you ,it would be a good time to release Reflections expanded.
    but the hold up is Universal . i imagine her cd is due sept ,maybe we will get something for christmas.2030

Also know in Japan as:

Name:  R-15290160-1589247778-1025.jpeg.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  55.1 KB

With all the additional interest that “Thank You” has generated, i would have thought now the perfect time for the expanded edition of “Reflections” to make an appearance. Certainly before the new album drops.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Also know in Japan as:

Name:  R-15290160-1589247778-1025.jpeg.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  55.1 KB
    Also known as “Stay Back, Girls”

lol

Anyone know what's on this please?

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I have never seen it before. I imagine it will be late 60's Drat's recordings. The cover will probably be more interesting than the actual music.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    https://www.discogs.com/Supremes-Up-...lease/15290160

Supremes* – Up, Up And Away
    Label: Tamla Motown – SJET-8055
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released: 1968
    Genre: Funk / Soul
    Style: Soul

Tracklist
    A1 In And Out Of Love
    A2 Reflections
    A3 Up, Up And Away
    A4 Ode To Billie Joe
    A5 Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things)
    A6 What The World Needs Now Is Love
    B1 Forever Came Today
    B2 I Can't Make It Alone
    B3 Bah-Bah-Bah
    B4 I'm Gonna Make It [[I Will Wait For You)
    B5 Then
    B6 Misery Makes Its Home In My Heart
    Last edited by johnjeb; 07-04-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Such a variety of releases for the single.....

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  12.3 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  7.5 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Size:  74.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Such a variety of releases for the single.....

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  12.3 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Size:  7.5 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Size:  74.6 KB

The fifth one is not an official release.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The fifth one is not an official release.
    and the fourth is the LP cover from France…cool pics all the same!

As well they should. Summer of Soul is an excellent documentary/concert film. Well worth seeing. Motown represented by David Ruffin, Stevie Wonder and Gladys Knight and the Pips.

I'm with you!!! There were bootlegs floating around a few yeas back on Ebay but the dealer was banned from selling them after while...Disney, Grove, Love Child, Lost & Found [[2discs on Supremes one on Diana), Let The Sunshine In and a few more.

if universal doesnt want to release anymore cds, what difference does it make if a third co is releasing them,
    why not finish the line up and be done, just give us Ross, than the last few Supremes albums. download or otherwise, still not sure of the hold up, hold out

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    if universal doesnt want to release anymore cds, what difference does it make if a third co is releasing them,
    why not finish the line up and be done, just give us Ross, than the last few Supremes albums. download or otherwise, still not sure of the hold up, hold out
    Or a pirate company? Rather than let this music die I'm happy to obtain it by any means necessary.

Is our friend Andy still at Universal we have not heard from him for months we hope all is well