[REMOVE ADS]

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Or George Solomon. I tried to Follow Andy on Instagram but it said his account is private and he never responded to my request.

At the very slow speed things are going regarding expanded Refections and Love Child, we all might be in nursing homes at that point or worse.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 07-24-2021 at 08:57 AM.

circa 1824, i was just thinking the same thing, damn i am going to be 60 in a few months.
    didnt even want to admit that but, the longer they take, the more likely i may be dead.lol
    a friend of mine just passsed away from covid 2 weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    circa 1824, i was just thinking the same thing, damn i am going to be 60 in a few months.
    didnt even want to admit that but, the longer they take, the more likely i may be dead.lol
    Try to hang on till your 60th birthday...

I’m confident we will get new expanded albums soon maybe George and Andy can release two at a time we thank them forever

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Thank you, George. Obviously good things do come to those who wait.
    Hoping that Diana's new album and Berry Gordy's Kennedy Center Honor spark enough of an interest in Motown to open a door or at least a big enough window.

Why not just let Real Gone Music handle the rest of these Expanded Edition. Universal has shown very little in continuing with these releases. RGM did an EXCELLENT job with both the Funny Girl Expanded Edition and The Merry Christmas Expanded Edition, why not just let them handle the rest?

I'd love it if they re-released Miss Ross' Expanded editions. I need extra copies of a fee of them, and some of them I could not find during the original run :[[. I really want Surrender. It's going for an arm and 5 legs on ebay

david, when is your 60th birthday?

Reading between the lines, the expanded edition of Reflections is ​likely to be released within the next three months...
    I’m really hoping the Disney songs are included.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Reading between the lines, the expanded edition of Reflections is ​likely to be released within the next three months...
    I’m really hoping the Disney songs are included.
    What lines were you reading? I am SO hoping for this release.

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish46 View Post
    What lines were you reading? I am SO hoping for this release.
    The lines being, davidh informed us that he that he would be celebrating being 60 years young in a few months time. He also mentioned that he hoped he would still be in the land of the living when the expanded version of Reflections eventually drops. George kindly replied ‘try to hang on till your 60th birthday’.
    Conclusion reached, the expanded Reflections is almost upon us.

Dec will be the big 60.
    Never dreaded a b day before until this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Why not just let Real Gone Music handle the rest of these Expanded Edition. Universal has shown very little in continuing with these releases. RGM did an EXCELLENT job with both the Funny Girl Expanded Edition and The Merry Christmas Expanded Edition, why not just let them handle the rest?
    That would be lovely and would make perfect sense! Without a doubt, RGM is looking to expand their catalog; why wouldn't Universal just lease it to them?

Has it been four years since Sing HDH

Has it been four years since Sing HDH
    This evoked an audible “holy crap” from me. You’re right! I can’t believe its been FOUR years. Where does the time go?

I’m gonna make it, I will wait for you, I’m gonna make it…

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    This evoked an audible “holy crap” from me. You’re right! I can’t believe its been FOUR years. Where does the time go?
    Crazy! It’s hard to believe it’s been that long, with only Funny Girl being released.

Maybe a release in time for the holidays to give as gifts and make this a success!?!?

Possibly only two more months to wait???.

I may have my timeline confused, but weren't "My Guy" and "Heaven Must Have Sent You" recorded around the REFLECTIONS sessions? I've never been crazy about "My Guy" and wonders what Diana might have been thinking while recording it? HMHSY on the other hand is divine. I remember when it was released on the Pink Box Set in 2000, I played that track over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I may have my timeline confused, but weren't "My Guy" and "Heaven Must Have Sent You" recorded around the REFLECTIONS sessions? I've never been crazy about "My Guy" and wonders what Diana might have been thinking while recording it? HMHSY on the other hand is divine. I remember when it was released on the Pink Box Set in 2000, I played that track over and over.
    I think "My Guy" was recorded in late 1966, but it's usually thrown in as an outlier in the "Reflections" recording sessions.

I always include HMHSY on my Reflections album remixes. It's a great track, and was completed in November of 1967 along with several other HDH produced tracks. Wish it had made it onto the original album, especially since Mary and Cindy are so prominently featured on it.

Can't wait for this to finally see the light of day. Here's hoping it hits the virtual shelves soon!

You think we would have it by now

You think we would have it by now
    I really don't think it's going to happen. Right along with Unreleased Motown 1970.

Can't wait for this one either! I didn't buy sing HDH because I don't really like the album besides You keep me hangin on and CD2 with the live show isn't as good as the Roostertail one. I love side 1 of Reflections and wonder what extra's there will be when they do release this expanded edition.

Sing HDH is one of my favs along with Reflections. We r here.where is universal.
    Last edited by daviddh; 10-01-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Maybe we should storm the steps of Universal and cause an insurrection

Maybe we should storm the steps of Universal and cause an insurrection
    Well you can be sure that this is one year where everybody will remember when your birthday is!

lol. well Ill be the one trying to forget about it. damn. not sure I understand Universal strategy.....but i love dianas new song If the world just danced
    Last edited by daviddh; 10-02-2021 at 08:33 AM.

david, if your birthday is in December, it seems as if George was trying to suggest it would be toward the end of this year. Here's hoping.

[QUOTE=daviddh;660749]lol. well Ill be the one trying to forget about it. damn. not sure I understand Universal strategy.....but i love dianas new song If the world just danced[/QUOTE

I’m sorry to say, I ain’t very far behind you Brother!

lol. well Ill be the one trying to forget about it. damn. not sure I understand Universal strategy.....but i love dianas new song If the world just danced
    Just speculating, but I wonder if the plan is to release the next expanded editions just after the release of Thank You. The hope may be to capitalize on any increased media attention around Diana.

Maybe just wishful thinking…

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Just speculating, but I wonder if the plan is to release the next expanded editions just after the release of Thank You. The hope may be to capitalize on any increased media attention around Diana.

Maybe just wishful thinking…
    I don’t think thats wishful thinking at all Johnny. George himself has posted “hang on till December”, and i have faith he’s right.

A couple questions, if you all don't mind.

1) Which songs from Disc 2 of the 25th Anniversary two-CD set do you think would be on a "Reflections" Expanded Edition?

2) IF there is a live set or sets included, do you think it would be Diana, Mary and Flo, OR Diana, Mary and Cindy?

Thank you.

not sure what live shows are left, but i think there was an alt Talk of The Town show that could be included,
    Heaven Must Have Sent You ,A Little Breeze were two songs that come to mind

not sure what live shows are left, but i think there was an alt Talk of The Town show that could be included,
    Heaven Must Have Sent You ,A Little Breeze were two songs that come to mind
    My hope is instead of a live show, the full Disney album is included on this collection as it follows the same Florence/Cindy transition timeline as Reflections.

My hope is instead of a live show, the full Disney album is included on this collection as it follows the same Florence/Cindy transition timeline as Reflections.
    That would be wonderful. But as long as it is a physical release I will be happy. No more digital only, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zani57 View Post
    2) IF there is a live set or sets included, do you think it would be Diana, Mary and Flo, OR Diana, Mary and Cindy?
    My guess is it would be Diana, Mary and Cindy, for any potential live set, as we got the 1967 Copa performance on the Sing HDH Expanded, which was from the end of Flo's time with The Supremes. There was a distorted audio recording of Diana, Mary and Cindy's first performance together at the Hollywood Bowl from April '67 that surfaced online in recent years. I wouldn't mind having that recording on the Reflections Expanded set, if there's a clean version of that audio sitting in the vaults. Or better yet, I'd love an unreleased live performance of Forever Came Today.

Also looking forward to all of the potential alternate versions and extended mixes. I would also love an extended mix of Misery Makes Its Home In My Heart. edit: I just remembered we already got one on The Supremes A Go Go Expanded...lol! Oh boy...can't believe I forgot that...time for a vacation!
    Last edited by carlo; 10-03-2021 at 12:47 PM.

The full Disney album with a few surprises thrown in is also what i’m most hoping for. Diana does a remarkable job interpreting those songs.

The Primes/Primettes Medley from The Ed Sullivan Show would be appropriate as it reflects the changes from early Motown [with some of the initial hits by Diana, Mary and Florence] to unheard, thus new-to-us, Motown [I'm Losing You, as interpreted by Diana, Mary and Cindy]. The ending of this medley is particularly soulful.

Plus, of course, unreleased items such as the sonic cousin The Beginning Of The End Of Love, Too Much A Little Too Soon and Am I Asking Too Much would be useful. Other unissued sides, such as Treat Me Nice John Henry, would fit better as more filler on the Expanded Let The Sunshine In CD, which it is said will be released in May 2064 for the 100th Anniversary celebration of the original group's first true success.

The Disney Classics album also comes from the same time period as the Reflections album, and it would be super if the stereo versions of all the songs could be located and/or mixed or remixed. Yes, the spoken segments weaken several songs, and yes, the project mostly emphasizes Diana's adaptability and acting skills, as in Chim Chim Cher-ee, which some may find excessive or pretentious but which many might find charming and amazing. Many will ask, why didn't Diana continue to explore the great American songbook, giving new life to various standards.

Finally, the Tarzan sides -- without the ambient sounds, of course -- and the remixed gospel songs the group recorded at about this time should be added in, again to demonstrate the group's versatility.

What about other segments from "The Ed Sullivan Show," such as the Fats Waller medley with "Honeysuckle Rose," "Ain't Misbehavin' " and "Keepin' Out of Mischief Now"? Or the Irving Berlin medley [[with special guest Ethel Merman!) ?
    Of course, I would vote first for the medley from "The Ed Sullivan Show" combining DRATS and The Temptations.

What about other segments from "The Ed Sullivan Show," such as the Fats Waller medley with "Honeysuckle Rose," "Ain't Misbehavin' " and "Keepin' Out of Mischief Now"? Or the Irving Berlin medley [[with special guest Ethel Merman!) ?
    Of course, I would vote first for the medley from "The Ed Sullivan Show" combining DRATS and The Temptations.
    Most of those performances are available from iTunes now, albeit only as downloads; however, it would be nice for them to get a CD release.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Most of those performances are available from iTunes now, albeit only as downloads; however, it would be nice for them to get a CD release.
    Yes, I know they are available as downloads, but it would be nice to have them on a disc, too. Of course, we can make our own. Just depends what else might be in the vaults.

Yes, I know they are available as downloads, but it would be nice to have them on a disc, too. Of course, we can make our own. Just depends what else might be in the vaults.
    They could definitely use a remastering, too - the audio on most of them is pretty dodgy to my ears…

I would just love the package, if we can't get all, then lets jus get DMF complete on disc in a nice package....it would be the last one. Fine if everting else is digital, but I just hope to get finish the group who started it all in physical format.

Whishing and hoping...

4 years....whoooo

i want a new updated version of forever came to day by Kevin Reeves and and maybe a eric krupper remix

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    "My Guy" was recorded during the Sing HDH timeline. I'm guessing it didn't make the EE because it sucked.

I too enjoyed DRATS' "Heaven", but I was always so disappointed that it didn't sound like classic Motown, the way the Elgins' version did. I did play it quite often when the boxset was fresh. I don't think I've played it in years.

Fingers crossed that the Reflections EE is the point where we get the complete Disney sessions. I'm hoping there's some alternates that exist. I wouldn't be mad about Brenda Holloway's demos making the EE either, though I suspect that they would be held for future Brenda releases.

I apologize in advance for asking this, but my Supremes box set is packed away in a box right now and I can't access it. On the bonus fifth disc of live cuts, where was that live version of "Reflections" recorded? Was that part of "Talk of the Town"? Just wondering if it could be from a set / concert that hasn't been released in full yet. Thanks.