[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    just found my copy of Supremes Japan Quad mixs, i really like the backing vocals on Forever Came Today on this collection. i always thought this song was a demo sounding track. it has grown on me and now realise it was a bit head of its time. great Ross vocal. i few more tweeks this song could have been huge.
    thx universal for delivering again.not!
    I don't see many of these tracks on Youtube, which is unusual. I'm guessing there was never a CD release?

it's a challenge finding these. another rare track is the unedited version of You Can't Hurry Love with the instrumental break before verse 2. This was originally released in the US on the reel-to-reel edition of A Go Go and i think it was also included on the Japanese Quad Greatest Hits. I finally find it on youtube and downloaded it.

Pride Weekend. 50 Years since Stonewall.
    Any word/rumors about the release of Expanded "Reflections"? Anything? Nothing? Crickets?

Quote Originally Posted by zani57 View Post
    Pride Weekend. 50 Years since Stonewall.
    Any word/rumors about the release of Expanded "Reflections"? Anything? Nothing? Crickets?
    Yes! And I'm riding my Ducati Scrambler with the Sirens Motorcycle Club in NYC's Pride March today. Hopefully someone ... European ... will hear our request for the expanded 'Reflections'!

Universal has dropped the ball again.
    Mary ..Diana and now Flos b day have passed and nothing.

Everyone has wanted this and talked about it for so long I think it's unfair for me not to comment. I can't promise anything but I believe Universal will release the Reflections Expanded Edition. It just doesn't have an official release date and with a lot of things going on at Universal it's on a back burner. You know how Andy and I feel and I know for sure that Harry wants it out there also. I think it would be a major step down to just put this out as a mono/stereo with previously released mixes of songs that fit the timeline. Let's just hope that things work out, it moves to the front of the line and gets the attention it deserves. When that happens, I believe it will be another excellent release.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Everyone has wanted this and talked about it for so long I think it's unfair for me not to comment. I can't promise anything but I believe Universal will release the Reflections Expanded Edition. It just doesn't have an official release date and with a lot of things going on at Universal it's on a back burner. You know how Andy and I feel and I know for sure that Harry wants it out there also. I think it would be a major step down to just put this out as a mono/stereo with previously released mixes of songs that fit the timeline. Let's just hope that things work out, it moves to the front of the line and gets the attention it deserves. When that happens, I believe it will be another excellent release.
    Thanks so much George. I know it will be beautiful when it does get released. I also still have my fingers crossed for Ross 78. Again I want to thank you guys for the wonderful work you have given us.

Thanks for all you do, George. I look forward to Reflections Expanded Edition.

Thank you for responding, George. At least you know we are eagerly awaiting this next release in the series. I know when it does come out that it will be exceptional.

George. Thank you. We are here waiting. just not understanding universal.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Thanks George. We appreciate all your hard work. Is there a physical or virtual address for UMG to which fans could write to express support for the release?

Speaking of Reflections. Has anyone heard any updates on this release? I posted a couple of messages on Instagram to Classic Motown, but sadly no reply...

Nary a peep other than George apologizing for its delay in another thread a while back.

I'm hoping that Classic Motown surprises its fans and drop both Reflections EE and Ross 78 by the end of this year. I think Ross 78 would be the last Ross solo album from the Classic period that needs the EE treatment.

I think that would be very lucky

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    I'm hoping that Classic Motown surprises its fans and drop both Reflections EE and Ross 78 by the end of this year. I think Ross 78 would be the last Ross solo album from the Classic period that needs the EE treatment.
    Yes it would be the last solo album from the classic period, but it would be nice to see an expanded Diana and Marvin with all the solo recordings and alternate versions. The expanded edition from the 90's was by no means definitive. Also The Boss could benefit from a makeover, and both of the 70's live albums contain outtakes that could be used, The well is not quite dry yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes it would be the last solo album from the classic period, but it would be nice to see an expanded Diana and Marvin with all the solo recordings and alternate versions. The expanded edition from the 90's was by no means definitive. Also The Boss could benefit from a makeover, and both of the 70's live albums contain outtakes that could be used, The well is not quite dry yet...
    i have the early 2000 release of The Boss with the bonus tracks and of course adore it. frankly my fav Diana album of all time. so thoroughly enjoyable. Would LOVE to know if there are alt versions and other tracks still in the vaults.

i'm a bit perplexed with the Ross 78 EE. my understanding was that they already released the vast majority of the tracks. while for completion sake i'd love to have it, i wonder if they might have been better off doing a DR L&F. fill in the remaining Ross tracks and then others, including any additional alt versions of hits. that might have secured a higher forecasted sales volume and maybe we wouldn't still be waiting

The Boss album only had 8 tracks on it, the "expanded edition" just contains two 12" remixes of The Boss and It's My House. I've never heard of any other unreleased tracks from the album. I've always wondered if there were any other unreleased tracks from her first solo album in 1970, we got a couple unreleased live tracks from her first solo concert, I would love to have the entire concert released. And do you know for certain that the solo tracks from Diana & Marvin exists? I would love to hear those as well.

i've never heard of any tracks being cut from The Boss [[like the one track cut from Surrender). I don't think A&S typically recorded a lot of excess content. but i've certainly not had the pleasures of digging around motown vault! god - wouldn't have be fun!!!!!

from The Boss we have:

the 8 album tracks
    12" versions for Prize, Licked, Boss, House and the Prize/Boss combo

live versions of Prize, all for one, licked [[from the HBO special) and house from a few shows including HBO and central park. The Boss has lots of live versions out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i've never heard of any tracks being cut from The Boss [[like the one track cut from Surrender). I don't think A&S typically recorded a lot of excess content. but i've certainly not had the pleasures of digging around motown vault! god - wouldn't have be fun!!!!!

from The Boss we have:

the 8 album tracks
    12" versions for Prize, Licked, Boss, House and the Prize/Boss combo

live versions of Prize, all for one, licked [[from the HBO special) and house from a few shows including HBO and central park. The Boss has lots of live versions out there.
    I believe George and Andy alluded to the fact that there are additional tracks from The Boss. I’m not 100% sure about this...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I believe George and Andy alluded to the fact that there are additional tracks from The Boss. I’m not 100% sure about this...
    I vaguely recall this but can't recall if they mentioned here or on John Perrone's show. I struggle with the search function to find old posts, so maybe someone else can find it.

The Boss album only had 8 tracks on it, the "expanded edition" just contains two 12" remixes of The Boss and It's My House. I've never heard of any other unreleased tracks from the album. I've always wondered if there were any other unreleased tracks from her first solo album in 1970, we got a couple unreleased live tracks from her first solo concert, I would love to have the entire concert released. And do you know for certain that the solo tracks from Diana & Marvin exists? I would love to hear those as well.
    I don't think there are any unreleased tracks from The Boss sessions. Many years ago i did hear from a reliable source that two such songs existed, but Diana herself only recalled cutting the original eight tracks. She is not the most reliable person to ask about her own music, and so i would not take that much notice of what she said, but we most certainly have sufficient remixes to make it a most worthwhile project.
    As regards Diana and Marvin we have a few alternate versions that have appeared on compilations, and i do believe we have several solo versions in the vault.
    I recall back in the 90's there was a rumour that Diana had blocked the release of a couple of unreleased songs from D&M for inclusion on a Marvin boxset, but i don't believe that to be true. So many rumours...

I don't think there are any unreleased tracks from The Boss sessions. Many years ago i did hear from a reliable source that two such songs existed, but Diana herself only recalled cutting the original eight tracks. She is not the most reliable person to ask about her own music, and so i would not take that much notice of what she said, but we most certainly have sufficient remixes to make it a most worthwhile project.
    As regards Diana and Marvin we have a few alternate versions that have appeared on compilations, and i do believe we have several solo versions in the vault.
    I recall back in the 90's there was a rumour that Diana had blocked the release of a couple of unreleased songs from D&M for inclusion on a Marvin boxset, but i don't believe that to be true. So many rumours...
    Have you heard any news about a M & D expanded edition with the solo recordings, or any other projects with DR's material?

Have you heard any news about a M & D expanded edition with the solo recordings, or any other projects with DR's material?
    Nothing at all sadly. George and Andy would the first to know if and when there is any news. I know they are as anxious as we are to get product out on the street.It must be even more frustrating for them as it is for us.

Give us the downloads. Then......bring it on

Wow. 125 posts for something that doesn't even exist. That says a lot about how much is fans want this!

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Wow. 125 posts for something that doesn't even exist. That says a lot about how much is fans want this!
    You should have seen the build up for Supremes A Go Go. It was like Christmas with kids on candy and new puppies running around.

Do universal doesn't want to release CDs......so why can't we just get a download..........something .....

If no CDs then it's useless. Who wants to bother with that digital complicated crap. CDs better get first priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmusic4life View Post
    If no CDs then it's useless. Who wants to bother with that digital complicated crap. CDs better get first priority.
    Only because they don’t sell anymore - the young guys don’t buy them

I am so happy to have all the expansion cds from "Meet The Supremes" up to "H-D-H" however, I sure would like to have expansion discs of the '70s Supremes if any were to become available!

Times have changed from 45s and vinyl to 8 track.....cassettes...CDs....digital.
    I agree ...I love these expanded and have them all.
    But I suppose we have to change with the times.
    They reissued the Xmas expanded on CD a while back.still not clear on the hold up. Use the other company.
    If it were Elvis or the beetles would it be different...haven't all these CDs sold out.

They aren’t looking to put out a CD that sells 5000 copies, when digital releases are streaming in the millions.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    They aren’t looking to put out a CD that sells 5000 copies, when digital releases are streaming in the millions.
    There are A LOT of people who don't get this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Only because they don’t sell anymore - the young guys don’t buy them
    I am 62. I’m a Supremes fan since the ‘60s. Lesser artists get CD releases. The Supremes deserve physical releases.

The Supremes deserve physical releases.
    Totally agree. If profit weren't the motive behind business we might get everything ever released. I'm not saying profit is the ONLY motive, since I'm sure Universal didn't make a bunch of money on the EEs. We're really at their mercy when they balance between making money and keeping the old folks happy.

I am 62. I’m a Supremes fan since the ‘60s. Lesser artists get CD releases. The Supremes deserve physical releases.
    Right right right. The Supremes deserve what the Beatles, Stones, and Dylan get. But regretfully the sales figures may be the deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    There are A LOT of people who don't get this concept.
    I prefer physical cds as well, but that hasn't stopped me from purchasing and enjoying the digital releases. I love having my ipod and most of my musical collection right at my finger tips and its convenient when I do cardio, work out, travel and its fun to create playlists. I have two Motown playlists: one is of my favorite Motown songs, hits and album cuts and it has over 600 songs! It's great to hit shuffle and just let songs play, much like a personalized jukebox. The second playlist that I have is titled the Top 100 Unreleased Motown Songs! Plus its so convenient when I'm just focused on one particular artists to be able to pull up all their music in an instance. As much as I LOVE cds, I actually love the digital downloads even more just because of the convenience of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Right right right. The Supremes deserve what the Beatles, Stones, and Dylan get. But regretfully the sales figures may be the deciding factor.
    Exactly. They can’t stop now. We need to complete the Supremes and Diana Ross expanded editions on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Exactly. They can’t stop now. We need to complete the Supremes and Diana Ross expanded editions on CD.
    Sadly they don't appear to agree with us. It looks like another company will have to license the product from Universal.

Sadly they don't appear to agree with us. It looks like another company will have to license the product from Universal.
    Yes very sad, especially since we are so close to completing them.

Just downloaded the Supremes Quad Hits lp in my iPod. I really like the version of Forever Came Today here.the backing vocals are more audiable. Still think it needs some tweaking but much better than the original version I remember. Can't wait to hear what Kevin Reeves is doing with it.
    Also In and Out Of Love has a nice feel to it.

Just downloaded the Supremes Quad Hits lp in my iPod. I really like the version of Forever Came Today here.the backing vocals are more audiable. Still think it needs some tweaking but much better than the original version I remember. Can't wait to hear what Kevin Reeves is doing with it.
    Also In and Out Of Love has a nice feel to it.
    How did you download it? I thought it was vinyl only?

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Yes very sad, especially since we are so close to completing them.
    Assuming an Expanded Reflections is released, I hope the final 3 studio albums are then combined into one collection similar to the 70’s Supremes sets to complete the series. Not including the specialty albums, we are so close to completing the Supremes series...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Assuming an Expanded Reflections is released, I hope the final 3 studio albums are then combined into one collection similar to the 70’s Supremes sets to complete the series. Not including the specialty albums, we are so close to completing the Supremes series...
    I agree. I'm really hoping the expanded Reflections includes all of the disney songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I agree. I'm really hoping the expanded Reflections includes all of the disney songs.
    Unless a deal is struck to license the product we are not likely to hear anything anytime soon.

i think the best route might be to shift to L&F packages. while i don't have insight into the sales figures of past EEs, based on the slowing of material, a L&F approach would allow them to include other rarities and alt versions of hits. which could help bolster sales.

typically the DRATS studio albums didn't sale as strongly as the sup albums did.

Where - 2
    More - 6
    Symphony - 8
    A Go Go - 1
    HDH - 6
    Reflections - 18
    Love Child - 14
    Sunshine - 24
    Cream - 33

on the positive side, Sing HDH was released in mid 2018. While 2019 is approach the end, we rarely have had a year with 0 releases. so maybe hope isn't lost yet

.Quad Hits. I had a friend make me a cd a while back...think I have had for ten years but lost it .....until about a year ago. Glad I was able to find my quad hits..surprised it wasn't released on cd

.Quad Hits. I had a friend make me a cd a while back...think I have had for ten years but lost it .....until about a year ago. Glad I was able to find my quad hits..surprised it wasn't released on cd
    Ah! Ripping from vinyl. My favorite pastime!

Happy 2020!

Hoping this is the year we see REFLECTIONS Expanded.

xo