[REMOVE ADS]

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    This thread was started 6 years ago.

There's only one event that makes REFLECTIONS EXPANDED a possibility, and it ain't no birthday party.
    I am so mad at you for that!! LMAO

When I was in New York visiting my darling MotownAndy, he let me hear IN AND OUT OF LOVE from the master. Did you know they were recorded on 3M tape? Not Scotch, lol. But reel to reel. 3M was started in Minnsota, where I live, and Father Brewster worked at 3M for 36 years.
    how did in and out of love sound? Was it different?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I am so mad at you for that!! LMAO
    I wish it weren't the truth.

There's only one event that makes REFLECTIONS EXPANDED a possibility, and it ain't no birthday party.
    “Hold on to your dreams”.

Thanks.
    Now I feel old.

I think you are correct sir...
    Didn't wanna say it out loud but...
    Sad but I think it's true

THIS!!!!!

https://theseconddisc.com/2024/04/03...e-second-disc/

Would be an excellent way to get Reflections, LC, LTSI, and CotC all in one fell swoop.

Right Andy or George?

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    THIS!!!!!

Would be an excellent way to get Reflections, LC, LTSI, and CotC all in one fell swoop.

Right Andy or George?
    I don't think AnDy or GeoRge are the ones putting up any roadblocks.....

I don't think AnDy or GeoRge are the ones putting up any roadblocks.....
    That wasn't an implication. It was a wink and a nod.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    THIS!!!!!

Right Andy or George?
    I thought the same thing! And we all know that no one wants these Supremes projects out more than Andy and George.

Maybe we could fan-fund the releases? I’d be happy to give a generous amount!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    There is a lot of change in this world that is difficult for us to understand
    Aha. Are the winds of change blowin' thru the evil Universal empire?? Maybe we get something released. Then again, if the winds ain't strong enough, maybe not. Who can tell?
    Last edited by Starguard4; 04-12-2024 at 04:11 AM.

the entire music industry has changed....saw an interview with HEART yesterday...Ann Wilson called it "unrecognizable"....Digital download capability has crippled the industry. If there's one thing I wish could be un-invented....its music downloading...glad #'s are up for vinyl and CD sales...but I doubt it will ever be the same....and performers will starve to death if they don't tour.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Originally Posted by copley
    We can kiss this and anything else goodbye, Andy is no longer working for Universal! They culled their staff by 10% and sadly Andy is gone! Andy is Mr Motown and we have lost our supporter & friend. His knowledge and dedication is second to none. I sincerely hope that Andy finds a new job soon. I have to say I'm still in shock. Thanks for everything Andy.
    Sad if true

There is a lot of change in this world that is difficult for us to understand
    Where did you see this?

Hello everyone,

Thank you Copley for your very kind words, but to quote Mark Twain, “Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.”

Yes, as reported, Universal did layoff 10% of the staff, and yes, I did leave the company six weeks ago. As Gman has pointed out, the industry has changed. And as Rob pointed out, change can be difficult to understand. Luckily, it isn’t dead, and the music will never die, but how the younger generation consumes it has changed. The industry has always been geared towards 15-25 year olds, and as our generations age out, it’s no longer made for us, on our formats, or even our artists. But that isn’t new, that’s how it’s always been.

But let me clear up some confusion: as many of you know, my “day job” was working as the Senior Vault Manager, also referred to as the UMG tape library, mainly working on projects for all of their labels, and only a fraction of that work was Motown related. That is the department I was laid off from. It wasn’t personal, although it’s easy to take personally. I have several colleagues in similar situations.

More importantly, I have been producing reissues and compilations with UMG, Sony, and several third parties for 25 years. Even I can’t believe it’s been that long! The first seven of those years [[1999-2005) were before I went to work for UMG in August 2005. So although I no longer work in the vault, I will continue to produce for multiple companies, including UMG, now and hopefully for a long time to come.

I had the pleasure of contributing to the new Smokey Robinson & The Miracles last four albums 2 disc set for Soulmusic and Theseconddisc. There are more projects still in the pipeline, including Realgonemusic, where we have done our most recent Anthologies, Expanded and Ultimate Editions.

And while we are on this thread, it’s true, Reflections Expanded is not happening. At least not this year. That may change in the future, but for now, we were told no.

But I am also branching out into other enterprises, which began long prior to my UMG departure, and we have some very exciting projects on the way. I look forward to sharing them all with you soon.

Lastly, I was at the Martha Reeves star induction two weeks ago, and it was wonderful spending time with so many members of the Motown family. I took some pictures and videos, which I will post as soon as I have a moment to do so. Motown is alive and well in so many facets of our lives, and there is still a lot of history to uncover. To quote Diana Ross, “it took me a lifetime to get here, I’m not going anywhere.”
    Last edited by Motown Andy; 04-12-2024 at 08:03 AM.

Andy - thank you so much for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your professional situation and am certainly hoping you quickly land back on your feet. your talent and wonderful work has given you an enviable resume and i'm positive you will do well.

and let me also thank you for the incredible joy you've provided to so many. the music you've worked with is really so very very important. it's powerful, it's meaningful. and so you're work to keep it's legacy alive is immeasurable. you've enable this treasure to continue to give love, peace, meaning and spirit to countless people. You've made an impact on all of those lives. and that's something few people can say, so kudos to you!

with supreme love
    sup_fan

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thank you Copley for your very kind words, but to quote Mark Twain, “Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.”

Yes, as reported, Universal did layoff 10% of the staff, and yes, I did leave the company six weeks ago. As Gman has pointed out, the industry has changed. And as Rob pointed out, change can be difficult to understand. Luckily, it isn’t dead, and the music will never die, but how the younger generation consumes it has changed. The industry has always been geared towards 15-25 year olds, and as our generations age out, it’s no longer made for us, on our formats, or even our artists. But that isn’t new, that’s how it’s always been.

But let me clear up some confusion: as many of you know, my “day job” was working as the Senior Vault Manager, also referred to as the UMG tape library, mainly working on projects for all of their labels, and only a fraction of that work was Motown related. That is the department I was laid off from. It wasn’t personal, although it’s easy to take personally. I have several colleagues in similar situations.

More importantly, I have been producing reissues and compilations with UMG, Sony, and several third parties for 25 years. Even I can’t believe it’s been that long! The first seven of those years [[1999-2005) were before I went to work for UMG in August 2005. So although I no longer work in the vault, I will continue to produce for multiple companies, including UMG, now and hopefully for a long time to come.

I had the pleasure of contributing to the new Smokey Robinson & The Miracles last four albums 2 disc set for Soulmusic and Theseconddisc. There are more projects still in the pipeline, including Realgonemusic, where we have done our most recent Anthologies, Expanded and Ultimate Editions.

And while we are on this thread, it’s true, Reflections Expanded is not happening. At least not this year. That may change in the future, but for now, we were told no.

But I am also branching out into other enterprises, which began long prior to my UMG departure, and we have some very exciting projects on the way. I look forward to sharing them all with you soon.

Lastly, I was at the Martha Reeves star induction two weeks ago, and it was wonderful spending time with so many members of the Motown family. I took some pictures and videos, which I will post as soon as I have a moment to do so. Motown is alive and well in so many facets of our lives, and there is still a lot of history to uncover. To quote Diana Ross, “it took me a lifetime to get here, I’m not going anywhere.”
    On to the next chapter! Andy thank you so much for all your contributions with all the releases. I'm so grateful we were able to even get what we have. Of course I'd love more but I also get it, there's very few Supremes fans left unfortunately...

...just one question though...

does a version of In And Out Of Love with Mary and Flo exist? [[sorry I had to lol)

andy - any chance you saved a draft of the digital booklet and can share any info or dates with us?

We are all just like Mary in 1970 - “Good luck Diana”

And we are “Good luck Andrew! We mean Andy”

Hello everyone,

Hello Motown Andy; I'm sorry that you got laid off from Universal Music. I wish you the best of luck with the other enterprises that you're branching out into. Also Thanks for your work on the Motown Catalog while you were at UMG.

Hello everyone,

Your work has delighted us all and I think it's a tough pill to swallow about the industry and you losing your job. I always look forward to your posts as you keep the record straight. It's great to hear you were involved in the SR&Miracles set. Keep us updated as to what cool stuff you're working on, Motown or not. Many of us have vast music interests.

Andy , it is really good to hear from you and glad you are well.
    so sorry to hear of this news but happy you are doing well. thank you for all you have done for all us fans. thank you for all the music you have given us.
    the music busniess has changed drastically over the years .
    i hope you will keep in touch with us an update us on your whereabouts.
    always sending you the best.

I recall seeing an article earlier this year where the Motown Museum was searching for a new Executive Director. I have not seen or heard that anyone has been hired to perform that valuable job.

Andy --- you would be PERFECT and the logical person to assume a position like this. There is nobody more qualified than you to do it. Go for it.
    Last edited by woodward; 04-13-2024 at 11:35 AM.

So sorry to learn there will probably be no more expanded editions by Ross and the supremes. I wonder if they would be released if Ross committed to promoting them?? But, strangely, I think Ross moved on years ago and has little interest in the expanded collections, aka her early catalog.

The Beatles, Elvis, Sinatra and other catalogs are still alive and being promoted.