[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Happy 2020!

Hoping this is the year we see REFLECTIONS Expanded.

xo
    Yes, I sure hope so. Also Ross 78 is so long overdue.

not holding my breath ,almost gave up really but march is the anniversary of the original release . maybe. but since Universal has sat out everything thus far,maybe they are waiting for ......the 70th anniversary

If they can pass on re-issuing the Farewell album on its 50th anniversary then I dont hold much hope for Reflections...for gods sake The Supremes are Americas top vocal group of all time surely the 50th anniversary of their final concert together should have been marked but no they would rather release the complete back catalogue of some obscure group that hardly anyone has heard of in expanded editions and coloured vinyl editions and luxury ltd editions...this infuriates me.

It's really quite sad. If Universal is sleeping on the catalog, then why not pass the ball on to Real Gone? I can only hope that Ms Ross' new studio album is on the way this year and perhaps her new release will open the flood gates for more reissues on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    It's really quite sad. If Universal is sleeping on the catalog, then why not pass the ball on to Real Gone? I can only hope that Ms Ross' new studio album is on the way this year and perhaps her new release will open the flood gates for more reissues on CD.

Yes but wouldn't it be cool if universal filled the gap.
    But as usual we get it all or nothing

I know everyone, like me, would like to see this released soon, but the dynamics of the music industry shift frequently. I can't imagine this is much more than an "obligatory" release, eg. not a money maker, maybe a copyright holder. After all, it has been 16 years since the release of the first in this series, WDOLG EE. (I feel so old).

Apparently Universal doesn't want to release cd s..... and digital only.
    Why not give us at least digital releases.
    A third party was being sought for physical releases

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Apparently Universal doesn't want to release cd s..... and digital only.
    Why not give us at least digital releases.
    A third party was being sought for physical releases
    If that's true I hope not one person supports that digital crap. That's stupid. Jeez. This world, I don't know what's happening to it.

I would think that Universal might be persuaded that, with Diana Ross's name prominent on the Reflections expanded edition, that this volume would outsell all the others, especially with the stellar year coming for Miss Ross; the casual buyers who might have passed on the previous editions will pay ($$$) a bit more attention with DIANA ROSS in the byline than to the previous Supremes titles..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I would think that Universal might be persuaded that, with Diana Ross's name prominent on the Reflections expanded edition, that this volume would outsell all the others, especially with the stellar year coming for Miss Ross; the casual buyers who might have passed on the previous editions will pay ($$$) a bit more attention with DIANA ROSS in the byline than to the previous Supremes titles..
    I would be surprised if that argument hasn't been made already, and again, and again, and again.

I have found that, in this business, that the obvious gets over looked quite frequently

I would always wish for a CD but that's not the way of the world anymore. That's the way of us "old dudes".

When they did the expanded Baby It's Me (I think that was the one), I downloaded and printed the booklet etc. Maybe it was Diana Ross Sings Songs From The Wiz.

It CAN be done even by old guys.

There's always hope. It was recently announced vinyl outsold CDs last year.
    So here's the bottom line.....just release the music and let us pick the form we listen

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    There's always hope. It was recently announced vinyl outsold CDs last year.
    So here's the bottom line.....just release the music and let us pick the form we listen
    It would be great if the fans all had their pick between vinyl, cd, download or streaming. That would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    It would be great if the fans all had their pick between vinyl, cd, download or streaming. That would make me happy.
    I would LOVE to see a vinyl version of Reflections EE or any EE really, but most especially Supremes A Go Go.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I would LOVE to see a vinyl version of Reflections EE or any EE really, but most especially Supremes A Go Go.
    I would love a vinyl release of Unreleased Motown 64 and 66!
    Last edited by SatansBlues; 01-25-2020 at 06:07 PM.

"REFLECTIONS" is so important to the Supremes history; the first with the DRATS name, the last with HDH. Of course there's also the Flo / Cindy situation.

Still have my fingers crossed for this one.

Next month is the anniversary of its original release but ..I'm not holding my breath.