[REMOVE ADS]

How Many Legends You Know Have Four Biopics In The Making?

Apparently Marvin can.

There's the Laurent Goodman bio.
    The F. Gary Gray bio.
    The Cameron Crowe one in development for four years [[with Terence Howard in talks).

Now this one:

A Marvin Gaye Film Project Finally Gets Greenlight and Funding! [[oh really?)

By Tambay, on February 13th, 2011

Like Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye is another famous legendary black musician whose story has interested many moviemakers, though none of the many projects announced in recent years has seen the light of day.

We know that F. Gary Gray has long been trying to get his Marvin Gaye project off the ground; and we also know that Jesse L Martin is attached to star as the soulful singer in a film directed by newcomer, Lauren Goodman; lastly director Cameron Crowe was working on a Marvin Gaye project for almost 4 years, with most recent news stating thatTerrence Howard was in talks to play the man.

Today brings news that a 4th Marvin Gaye project is in the works… British directorJulien Temple is also developing a biopic, tentatively titled Midnight Love [[named after the album Marvin Gaye recorded in Brussels in the early 80s). The rights-holders to Marvin Gaye’s music, have reportedly given the project a greenlight.

The story will focus on the making of the Midnight Love album. At the time, Gaye was living in Belgium – a drug addict, essentially considered something of a has-been. It was in that climate and state of mind that he recorded the album that included tracks likeSexual Healing.

The project is budgeted at $8 million, financed through the Belgian tax shelter and Luxembourg’s CIAV; principal photography is scheduled to begin in Belgium later this year.

So, it looks like of the 4 Marvin Gaye films in development, this one by Julien Temple is the most likely to be completed first. I’m sure it’ll make its way to the USA after its complete. No word on who is being considered for the title role, although, I think most agree that Jesse L Martin is a shoe-in for the part!

----
    LINK: http://www.screendaily.com/news/euro...023640.article

Eh I don't believe it for some reason lol

Marvin Gaye is such an obvious choice for a movie that should be made ~ it has all the elements that will draw a crowd ~ good music, he gets shot, he was an addict, he was paranoid, he was or probably was a crossdresser, he went crazy, he was a semi jock, he had a vicious divorce, he was related to Berry, he went broke, he sang with Diana and Tammi and he was handsome.............

I'm surprised nothing has happened thus far; I wonder if there is trouble with the Jobete copyrights and perhaps Berry having to agree to their use in a movie or perhaps with Anna still being alive.

I don't know anything about his private life but I do know this-he was one fine looking man and he recorded some of the best music I have ever heard.

I don't know if this film is gonna take off. Remember another film was greenlighted too. What happened with that? I'm putting shade on this story. We'll still be talking about a Marvin film developing by 2015.

honest man Guest
    hello excuse my ignorance, what is a jock,

Flo Ballard has one in the works.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    hello excuse my ignorance, what is a jock,
    An Athlete

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I don't know anything about his private life but I do know this-he was one fine looking man and he recorded some of the best music I have ever heard.

But was his life that interestung to warrant so many movies being talked about.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Flo Ballard has one in the works.

While this is the sotry everyone wants to hear - it may not be released in 2011, due to some un for seen claims against the story line and rights issues.

However - it will eventually get done - once issues are resolved.

honest man Guest
    A jock is an athlete, where did this feature in mr gaye's life , new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    A jock is an athlete, where did this feature in mr gaye's life , new to me.
    At one point, I believe he wanted to try out for the Detroit Lions football team.

Yeah Marvin wanted to be a Detroit Lion 10 years into his career. LMAO! That's the bizarre thing. But they let him try out. He didn't get the deal [[obviously because of his occupation) but Mel Far and Lem Barney of the Lions did participate in the "What's Going On" song.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Yeah Marvin wanted to be a Detroit Lion 10 years into his career. LMAO! That's the bizarre thing. But they let him try out. He didn't get the deal [[obviously because of his occupation) but Mel Far and Lem Barney of the Lions did participate in the "What's Going On" song.
    Remember the Mel Farr Superstar ads on Detroit TV for his Ford Dealership? Is he still around and in business?

He can wear a football uniform or a dress and it don't matter. It still would be Mr. Marvin Gaye and I would watch and listen to him. He is a God!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    He can wear a football uniform or a dress and it don't matter. It still would be Mr. Marvin Gaye and I would watch and listen to him. He is a God!

A GOD - no - a false idol - YES or just a great singer.