[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Funny Diana on Whitney, Dionne , Cher...

“I’d like to slap her[[Whitney) across the face[[just kidding)”. Nice to see her let her hair down[[no pun intended). Mentions her pending divorce.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mmvrdQuZtmk

Never saw this before. A fun interview. Love her interviews with Oprah, Charlie Rose, etc. but this is refreshing.
    She's funny and charming.
    Similar rapport she had with David Letterman. Thank you, Luke.

Your welcome lucky. I think a lot of hosts are too reverential with her. Maybe she likes to have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    “I’d like to slap her[[Whitney) across the face[[just kidding)”. Nice to see her let her hair down[[no pun intended). Mentions her pending divorce.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mmvrdQuZtmk
    I hardly think she was really joking. Diana Ross was enraged with jealousy over Whitney Houston. She had several opportunities to slap Whitney in the face, but didn't try it. She must have remembered she no longer had Flo and Mary around to protect her. Whitney would have broke her arm off and shove it far up her a**! LOL! Diana Ross is so crazy. LOL!
    Last edited by marv2; 08-03-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Your welcome lucky. I think a lot of hosts are too reverential with her. Maybe she likes to have fun!
    Yes, thanks Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I hardly think she was really joking. Diana Ross was enraged with jealousy over Whitney Houston. She had several opportunities to slap Whitney in the face, but didn't try it. She must have remembered she no longer had Flo and Mary around to protect her. Whitney would have broke her arm off and shove it far up her a**! LOL! Diana Ross is so crazy. LOL!
    What is it with you and women fighting and unless Whitney or Diana [[and youve never met either) told you that there was jealousy) its just more made up stuff about your favorite target Diane Ross.

Whenever someone comes in and gets obsessed over women fighting and is too serious about it, just do this and move on, people:

The back and forth is not worth it.

But yeah, I loved this interview.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Whenever someone comes in and gets obsessed over women fighting and is too serious about it, just do this and move on, people:

Patti has said that she was going to go to Detroit and cut that heifer [[diana ross) for taking Cindy away from her group! LOL! Every female singer in the sixties got into or want to fight Diana Ross LOL!

Hidden syndromes? Lent up unhappiness? No life other than an online persona?

Eh. Just let them talk. Better than confront it and mess up the dialog among the Supremes fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Shouldn't you be somewhere helping with the huge Opioid crisis in your town. I just heard the other day they had 63 overdoses in one hour there! I couldn't believe it. Are you helping out?

Diane was so insanely jealous of Whitney that she could barely hide it here LOL!

It’s true - shouldn’t stoop

The true relationship between the Ross’s and the Houston’s was shown when Evan publicly berated an audience for booing Whitney

Enough said

Also, pictures speak volumes sometimes:

I was with Diana for the recording of this. She was in great spirits. It was her first visit to the UK following the infamous "airport" incident. The following day she recorded "an audience with Diana Ross" which was also great fun to attend.

Shouldn't you be somewhere helping with the huge Opioid crisis in your town. I just heard the other day they had 63 overdoses in one hour there! I couldn't believe it. Are you helping out?
    This is uncalled for and in very poor taste. You really do need to sort out whatever it is in your life that makes you behave in such a bitter and twisted way.

"Diana Ross is so crazy"? I think it is you who is the crazy one coming up with pathetic and ridiculous statements such as this. What is your problem? Life is too short to behave in such a nasty and venomous way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    "Diana Ross is so crazy"? I think it is you who is the crazy one coming up with pathetic and ridiculous statements such as this. What is your problem? Life is too short to behave in such a nasty and venomous way.
    I would rather think that, if anyone has been and is the object of delusional jealousy, it is Diana Ross.

Well, I doubt very much that Diana wanted to slap Whitney across the face - what good would that do? Maybe she was jealous in some way - I’m sure a lot of singers were a little envious of Whitney’s gigantic success, maybe she wasn’t also - of all people, YOU don’t know - but I enjoy you’re ability to present your obsessive projections onto Ross and others. Maybe Diana, like many, knew that while Whitney was a mega talent and success, she was also just a low class, ghetto frump [[https://youtu.be/PpgR-2CVJPE) and wouldn’t trade places with her crazy ass for nothing!
    ‘I often wonder what kind of violent household you grew up in to constantly seek out violence as a way to settle disputes and conclude differences of opinion. Most people use rational thought to get along in this world. Where I grew up, fighting was a rarity and usually was enraged by the intoxicated or raging hormone pubescent teens.......not adults. To my knowledge, none of my family, friends or co-workers have ever been in a fight - and if so, it was probably before their tenth birthday.
    ‘Just 5 years after this video, Whitney was becoming a hot mess and had a drug problem that was causing her to miss events and effect her work. In less than ten, she was a verifiable hot mess with the bad judgement to raise a poor child to grow into a hot mess. There’s really not a lot to envy here overall, sadly. I wish you peace, Marv. I wish you well.

Also, pictures speak volumes sometimes:

Yeah, I don't see her slapping Whitney. She knew what she would have got if she had tried. LOL!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 08-05-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Yeah, I don't see her slapping Whitney. She knew what she would got if she had tried. LOL!!!!
    There must be a ladies wrestling match you can go watch since women beating women seems to be your thing. You don't contribue anything but anger and bile in Diana Ross or the Supremes thread and everyones onto you. Your sad. Real real sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    There must be a ladies wrestling match you can go watch since women beating women seems to be your thing. You don't contribue anything but anger and bile in Diana Ross or the Supremes thread and everyones onto you. Your sad. Real real sad indeed.
    https://youtu.be/QKDRHQQUIrE

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    LOLOLOLOL lets buy him a floor seat to these matches.

the solitary, distraught man cannot direct this fierce aggressiveness which consumes him against anyone, he therefore has no other target than members of the forum who rejoice on Diana's recent success on the charts.

Well this is a guy who thinks Ike Turner and Bobby Brown were decent people so...

Well this is a guy who thinks Ike Turner and Bobby Brown were decent people so...

Yep and has a man crush on wife beater Pedro Ferrer.

Bing Bing Bing! We have a winner!

Diana was having fun. I've never seen this but love it! Thank you for posting.

Whitney in concert:

https://youtu.be/MqGixvPOr3g

Whitney on Diana:

https://youtu.be/-7z1lfy0Cgk

Whitney in concert, again:

https://youtu.be/MwQPRo4i3qw

I thought better of you than that. You have never heard or seen a post of mine that states that I think Ike Turner and Bobby Brown were decent people. If anything I brought up the fact that the women you always are defending were not completely innocent in their situations. Blame everything on the man has been the routine in this messed up "society" we now live in. I'd appreciate you not lying on me like this! I understand that you do these things to try to impress some of these folks on here,but they are not worth impressing if you have to make up lies on others to do so. It's sick.

Quite interesting that people go after a person personally who posts his views about a singer rather than just stating their views about the singer. They are doing what they object to only worse. I hope Ralph deletes this thread for the lack of respect.

Quite interesting that people go after a person personally who posts his views about a singer rather than just stating their views about the singer. They are doing what they object to only worse. I hope Ralph deletes this thread for the lack of respect.

Keep hoping hon. Ralphs wisely staying outta this whole Supremes mess.

Ralph said he ain't got nothing to do with it. This thread is doing alright regardless anyway.

Ralph said he ain't got nothing to do with it. This thread is doing alright regardless anyway.
    There always one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. Wait, that's another thread. Lol. The trick is the "block" button.

What are those views?

Um - is there a difference between posting your views about a singer and stating your views about the singer? Seems to be the same thing to me

If your an ass consistently and persistently, you deserve to be told so

And when many many many people say so endlessly, you should be taking the message to heart

Unless of course, you just want to do it to attract attention and because you have no other life

I don't understand. Lack of respect? Really? Is his view to slander a singer he doesn't even know on a daily basis. And he sure doesn't give anyone else respect that disagrees with him.

Who cares what Nobody-Talks-About-Diane-But-I-Talk-About-Diane-All-the-Time has to say about anything? Y'all always letting him derail the conversation. So now nearly every post after his has been about him vs the actual video. Clearly he's a diva who wants all of the attention on himself and not anyone else. He'll never be Diana, so please stop making him feel like he can. When he starts talking silly talk, ignore him.

The Supremes section had been doing so good. No surprise who would set it off.

Um - is there a difference between posting your views about a singer and stating your views about the singer? Seems to be the same thing to me

If your an ass consistently and persistently, you deserve to be told so

And when many many many people say so endlessly, you should be taking the message to heart

Unless of course, you just want to do it to attract attention and because you have no other life
    I regret to have to agree. If the moderator is powerless to call out/control a poster I guess it ends up to other members.

The true relationship between the Ross’s and the Houston’s was shown when Evan publicly berated an audience for booing Whitney

Enough said
    I haven't heard this story. I am curious. When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    There always one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. Wait, that's another thread. Lol. The trick is the "block" button.
    The block button was genius. It's like a ghost post.

Enough said
    I answered my own question. I believe this is the story you were referencing. Whitney was not boo'ed but Evan came to her defense at an event where a disrespectful parody was being performed onstage, less than a week after her death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1024312

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I answered my own question. I believe this is the story you were referencing. Whitney was not boo'ed but Evan came to her defense at an event where a disrespectful parody was being performed onstage, less than a week after her death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1024312
    Thanks for finding it - that’s the correct incident

It’s always an error to think we know too much about everything especially other people’s relationships

I don't know whether or not Diana Ross was actually jealous of Whitney Houston, it was definitely something the press like to put forward in the late 1980s, and not just the tabloid press [[the 1989 cover story in Vanity Fair claimed Ross was "obsessed" by Houston). Diva stories do well in the papers and it is a shame artists are pitted against each other--happening most often to women and particularly women of color. Jealous or not, it seems that Ross was and is quite comfortable with the level of fame she had in comparison to Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Whitney Houston. Unlike them, she was and is able to lead a relatively "normal" life, not having to go in disguise when she goes out. Today on Instagram someone posted a picture of Ross sitting next to her in the Apple store taking the Apple class! Her only real regret [[as she has expressed many times in interviews and her autobiography) is not being able to do the Josephine Baker story on the big screen. Although there is quite an overlap in the style of music [[four of the ten songs on Whitney Houston's first album were Michael Masser ballads) and possible movie projects [[The Bodyguard was initially intended for Ross), the two performers are very different, particularly Houston's voice which is a quite different instrument than Ross's one. Houston is sadly missed, and I'm sure Ross would agree.

Diana and Whitney both expressed respect to one another. You can tell in the performance they did together at Ali's 50th birthday show that there was respect between the two divas.

I think there was some rivalry. When Whitney hit big, Diana was on the decline. While they were two different types of voices, Whitney was becoming known as the new "it" girl in Diana's lane. Diana was the Queen of crossover. What other Black woman [[and certainly no white woman) commanded the adoration and hit singles among Black AND white audiences than Diana Ross in pop/r&b music? Nobody that I can think of on Diana's scale, until Whitney comes in. And you have several years of Whitney taking the world by storm like Diana did, and with one of Diana's producers, but doing it even better [[in terms of success). Whitney was pulling seven consecutive number ones at a time that Diana was dealing with a failed album and some bad publicity thanks to Mary's book. There's no way the Diana Ross would have been happy to have a Whitney Houston around. And no doubt that Whitney relished coming for Diana's crown too. But for the most part they both seemed to have the utmost respect for one another and their rivalry appears to be the healthy kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    I don't know whether or not Diana Ross was actually jealous of Whitney Houston, it was definitely something the press like to put forward in the late 1980s, and not just the tabloid press [[the 1989 cover story in Vanity Fair claimed Ross was "obsessed" by Houston). Diva stories do well in the papers and it is a shame artists are pitted against each other--happening most often to women and particularly women of color. Jealous or not, it seems that Ross was and is quite comfortable with the level of fame she had in comparison to Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Whitney Houston. Unlike them, she was and is able to lead a relatively "normal" life, not having to go in disguise when she goes out. Today on Instagram someone posted a picture of Ross sitting next to her in the Apple store taking the Apple class! Her only real regret [[as she has expressed many times in interviews and her autobiography) is not being able to do the Josephine Baker story on the big screen. Although there is quite an overlap in the style of music [[four of the ten songs on Whitney Houston's first album were Michael Masser ballads) and possible movie projects [[The Bodyguard was initially intended for Ross), the two performers are very different, particularly Houston's voice which is a quite different instrument than Ross's one. Houston is sadly missed, and I'm sure Ross would agree.
    I am not sure Diana was jealous of Whitney, but she was no doubt envious of her success, but i think we can safely say that the likes of Aretha, Dionne, Gladys, Patti and just about every other female singer active during that period were also a little envious of Whitney's success, but i never once heard Diana speak ill of Whitney. The only other female singer whom i heard her say anything remotely uncomplimentary about was Madonna, and there were very good reasons for that which i will not go into here.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I think there was some rivalry. When Whitney hit big, Diana was on the decline. While they were two different types of voices, Whitney was becoming known as the new "it" girl in Diana's lane. Diana was the Queen of crossover. What other Black woman [[and certainly no white woman) commanded the adoration and hit singles among Black AND white audiences than Diana Ross in pop/r&b music? Nobody that I can think of on Diana's scale, until Whitney comes in. And you have several years of Whitney taking the world by storm like Diana did, and with one of Diana's producers, but doing it even better [[in terms of success). Whitney was pulling seven consecutive number ones at a time that Diana was dealing with a failed album and some bad publicity thanks to Mary's book. There's no way the Diana Ross would have been happy to have a Whitney Houston around. And no doubt that Whitney relished coming for Diana's crown too. But for the most part they both seemed to have the utmost respect for one another and their rivalry appears to be the healthy kind.
    The only one who springs to mind is Donna Summer who had great success in the late 70's and early 80's.