[REMOVE ADS]

Well I hope the new album is NOT another album of remakes OR duets OR duet remakes!

A friend of mine was there last night. Regarding the documentary, Dionne Warwick: Then Came You, he said "some fascinating and beautiful clips have been unearthed." Thought it was thrilling. Can't wait to see it on PBS

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    A friend of mine was there last night. Regarding the documentary, Dionne Warwick: Then Came You, he said "some fascinating and beautiful clips have been unearthed." Thought it was thrilling. Can't wait to see it on PBS
    Nor I, now that you've heard this news. Thanks for it!

Wonderful news!! Thanks TJ! Now for the hard part..........finding it on our individual stations since there never seems to be any rhyme nor reason to PBS' scheduling. So all we can ask is that each and every one of us shout it from the rooftops the minute we see an airdate anyplace, so everyone else can check their local listings.

As for that new CD, i certainly echo the above comment.............NEW material please girlfriend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pghmusiclover View Post
    Well I hope the new album is NOT another album of remakes OR duets OR duet remakes!
    It probably is any of these.

Doesn't TJ himself post on here occasionally? Maybe he can give us some inside scoop on when this might air? I am sure there are steps to be taken and he would know about how long those would take.
    Last edited by daviddesper; 08-05-2018 at 02:22 PM.

I was at the screening. Dionne looked great and was in good spirits. She received two standing ovations -- on arrival and at the end. There is an especially thrilling performance of 'I'll Never Love This Way Again' featured in the special.

It was nice because Dionne watched the screening with the audience and there was applause after each live clip. I hope she felt the love. I was surprised by how much archival footage there is on Dionne that I've never seen -- not even on youtube. She was doing music videos in the 60s[[!) -- "Walk On By" and "Windows Of The World" among others.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Doesn't TJ himself post on here occasionally? Maybe he can give us some inside scoop on when this might air? I am sure there are steps to be taken and he would know about how long those would take.
    For airdates, go to the website of your local PBS station[[s) and do a search for Dionne. It should let you know if/when the show will air in your area.