[REMOVE ADS]

Betty Wright song?

Does anyone recall the name of the Betty Wright song [[medley?) where she does a few impressions? I seem to recall one is Chaka doing "I'm Every Woman"? Seems she also does an impression of a male singer too.

Had this on cassette years ago and for the life of me, can't find it or remember the name.

On Betty Wright Live, her “‘Clean Up Woman’ Medley” included “You Got the Love” [[Rufus/Chaka) as well as sendups of Maria Muldaur, The O’Jays and others. Could this be it?

Last edited by sansradio; 08-02-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Hey sans, maybe this is what I'm thinking of? But I almost swore this was a studio recording, not "live". I'll have to keep digging. Thanks for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Hey sans, maybe this is what I'm thinking of? But I almost swore this was a studio recording, not "live". I'll have to keep digging. Thanks for the response!
    You bet. I know she kept a similar bit in her live repertoire over the years, including Cher’s “Take Me Home.” I remember seeing her do it on some TV special when I was 9. Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    You bet. I know she kept a similar bit in her live repertoire over the years, including Cher’s “Take Me Home.” I remember seeing her do it on some TV special when I was 9. Happy hunting!
    Oh man, I would love to hear Betty do "Take Me Home"!

Does anyone recall the name of the Betty Wright song [[medley?) where she does a few impressions? I seem to recall one is Chaka doing "I'm Every Woman"? Seems she also does an impression of a male singer too.

Had this on cassette years ago and for the life of me, can't find it or remember the name.
    As Sansradio mentioned above, you might be thinking of her BETTY WRIGHT LIVE album. There has been some debate as to whether it was actually live. During the Clean Up Woman medley, she does a funny imitation of AL Green singing LET'S GET MARRIED.

In 1992, she released another live album recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon. Again, she does a Clean Up Woman medley with imitations of Tina Turner and Patti LaBelle, among others. I don't remember if she included any males that time.

AFAIK, that's the song. She has done live versions but never released a full blown live album.

Here's the 1992 live version in London: