[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Perhaps somehow related to this thread, if you've ever watched clips of the Supremes, especially the two below, you'll find the "applause" is far greater than the amount of people in the audience. Always makes me laugh especially because none look to even be clapping their hands.....or even moving for that matter!

Bad Weather

https://youtu.be/mzZXYmSop5Q

Up the Ladder

https://youtu.be/7X20KB0FAdw
    They do that on television shows often, augmenting the applause. I even remember that there was a track that was always used for the series GOOD TIMES. Whenever one of the actors said something inspirational, you could hear this woman loudly saying "Right on!" When I was a kid, I used to wonder how she made it to every show. Of course, now I know she didn't.

In some cases, the same fake applause was also used on albums. You can hear the same applause used on ON BROADWAY, the Pips' ALL IN A KNIGHT'S WORK, and STEVIE WONDER LIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    They do that on television shows often, augmenting the applause. I even remember that there was a track that was always used for the series GOOD TIMES. Whenever one of the actors said something inspirational, you could hear this woman loudly saying "Right on!" When I was a kid, I used to wonder how she made it to every show. Of course, now I know she didn't.
    Non-sequitur: Once, a stand-up comedian was doing her set at the club in which I worked years ago. She said something to the effect of: Here's an interesting fact about me---I'm the daughter of a celebrity. Any of you familiar with "Good Times"? Yes, my mom was on "Good Times." She was the lady in the audience screaming "RIGHT...ON!"

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Non-sequitur: Once, a stand-up comedian was doing her set at the club in which I worked years ago. She said something to the effect of: Here's an interesting fact about me---I'm the daughter of a celebrity. Any of you familiar with "Good Times"? Yes, my mom was on "Good Times." She was the lady in the audience screaming "RIGHT...ON!"
    Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    RanRan; is this the version that's almost like a duet? Do you have any idea who the male voice is? Always been curious.
    Yeah that's the one I'm referring to, but no idea who the guy is.

I don't think New Birth's "I Don't Want to Do Wrong" seems to have fake applause thrown in.

Wow, now I'm curious. Is Curtis Mayfield's "We're A Winner" and Gene Chandler's "Rainbow 65" live recordings? By the way, this is a great informative thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    Wow, now I'm curious. Is Curtis Mayfield's "We're A Winner" and Gene Chandler's "Rainbow 65" live recordings? By the way, this is a great informative thread.
    I think WE'RE A WINNER was a studio recording. I believe RAINBOW'65 is a true live recording from Gene's LIVE AT THE REGAL album.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Isn't David and Jimmy Ruffin's "Stand By Me" a fake live? I seem to remember someone posting a version of it without the audience noise.
    I once made a comment about it being a live cut and I was corrected by someone on this forum.

Both these David Ruffin tracks are fake live tracks.

Superstar.

Last edited by Cosmic Truth; 08-18-2018 at 04:55 PM.

I Just Want To Celebrate.

Last edited by Cosmic Truth; 08-18-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Almost every TV show you watch has a laugh track and an applause track, most of what you hear is not generated by the audience in attendance. It is always augmented. That has been the case since I Love Lucy developed the first laugh tracks for a sitcom.

The Four Tops version of “I’ll turn to Stone” on the Live 1966 album. The real version was on the Fourever box set. Levi messed up on the lyrics.