[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    It is possible that the exaggeration came about from when the Osmonds and The Jacksons met and talked about their songs. As I said before only Mr. Gordy can tell us if the song was submitted to Motown. Motown rare chose outside songs for their artists as Mr. Gordy wanted publishing royalties. It's just like when artists are songwriters, if they did not write the "A" side, they request that the "B" side is theirs to get publishing royalties. That trick came about in the '60's.
    That could be the case...lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I Think I Love You is a true pop classic.
    When I read this over the weekend I wasn't sure about it being a Pop Classic. I was in college when it was released and considered it bubble-gum Pop - a catchy tune.

Tonight a friend sent me a youtube video of Andy Williams. While listening I saw on the sidebar that Andy recorded "I Think I Love You". If that wasn't strange enough I then saw that Perry Como also recorded it. I wonder if either of them did "One Bad Apple". I don't dare look.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    I may be the only one here, but I cringe every time I hear One Bad Apple [[which is thankfully never). It was such a blatant ripoff of the Jackson 5 & The Corporation. And in my mind, not even a very good one. It was shameless and I was disgusted! Maybe it was because I was young and a Motown follower. Maybe it was because I was familiar with the Osmonds [[my parents watched Andy Williams). I credited them for their musical abilities, and Donny Osmond was a talented young singer, but he was no Michael Jackson. I remember even George Harrison remarking that there was no comparison when asked to compare. I didn't think Donny would creditably sing Don't Know Why I Love You or Who's Lovin' You, let alone I Want You Back. Maybe now, in my old age, I can listen more fairly.
    Excellent post, and I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    When I read this over the weekend I wasn't sure about it being a Pop Classic. I was in college when it was released and considered it bubble-gum Pop - a catchy tune.

Tonight a friend sent me a youtube video of Andy Williams. While listening I saw on the sidebar that Andy recorded "I Think I Love You". If that wasn't strange enough I then saw that Perry Como also recorded it. I wonder if either of them did "One Bad Apple". I don't dare look.
    LOL Andy did "I Think I Love You"? You know it's gonna suck lmao

"One Bad Apple" might have been covered by Wayne Newton for all we know lmao I mean that was when he was making his comeback with the teen-pop ish "Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast" despite being nearly 30 years old...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    LOL Andy did "I Think I Love You"? You know it's gonna suck lmao

"One Bad Apple" might have been covered by Wayne Newton for all we know lmao I mean that was when he was making his comeback with the teen-pop ish "Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast" despite being nearly 30 years old...
    I don't know what you're laughing at, heck Andy Williams was a great singer. I think he did an even better job with the song than the Partridge Family. I remember you were the one that said that B.B. King became a star in 1970 when he got a number one with "The Thrill is Gone"! LOL!!!!

Andy nailed that song! hehehehehehehe!