[REMOVE ADS]

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 35 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 2722

BTW: "HCA Award" refers to Reddit's Herman Cain Awards; stop by and check them out if you haven't already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

What exactly is the definition of "communism" again?

Name:  459651A2-EBDD-4C6B-A307-5B07712795DD.jpg
Views: 1987
Size:  16.6 KB
    ________

Name:  110C5772-A49E-4AE6-8E26-B9AF7E4C11E4.jpg
Views: 2004
Size:  18.6 KB
    ______

Name:  5CEC028C-CC30-4F13-A478-D7320642FCB6.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  13.2 KB
    ______

Name:  178C5049-C3CD-4ADD-9B22-E75AC3F4D7E8.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  10.4 KB
    ______

Name:  B30AF126-73D6-4EEE-858F-0E50C10A1CCB.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  13.3 KB

On GOD.

Name:  411E0143-516E-4370-8D9D-D829674D6BCC.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  17.4 KBName:  411E0143-516E-4370-8D9D-D829674D6BCC.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  17.4 KB

_______

Name:  29ADFB39-7A70-460D-B347-F74A9CAAC3CA.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  7.3 KB
    ______

Finally, I got another big hoot this morning when I saw that Marjorie Taylor Greene is spitting bullets because the lawsuit to take her off the ballot is proceeding. I do not doubt for a second that reality is going to slap this bitch multiple times, not that she will ever learn anything. To do that, she would have to realize she's nothing more than a shit stain of a human being.

If you seem to have noticed a lot of Republican attacks on the LGBTQ community lately, you're not alone. Mid-terms are coming up and they're throwing any red meat they can at their base to get them riled up and to the polls. You see Donnie [[the Orange Anus) Trump just ain't hitting the high notes anymore. He's endorsed a New Jersey Muslim for the Senate seat in Pennsylvania. Tennessee just kicked another one of his endorsements off the ballot because she failed to meet the state's requirements. He threw a poorly attended rally. Oh, and he just walked off of an interview with a desperate Piers Morgan over questions about The Big Lie. They're savior is showing his charlatan colors and the Republicans need someone to attack, and... well, Hillary's isn't running and Hunter Biden's laptop has no legs.

Never underestimate a MAGAt’s ability to push two opposing ideas at the same time and think it makes sense.

The Bad and Some Good ... Monday May 9, 2022

These really are the easiest posts to compile because there are dumb people everywhere and in the wake of that SCOTUS leak, it’s even scarier, especially given the shortage of Good News … so here goes:
    BAD
    LOUISIANA

A newly proposed bill would charge women with crimes in the cases of miscarriage or in fertility treatments like IVF. Attorney Gwyneth O’Neill explains the cruel bill:

“This makes embryos people … Freezing an embryo would become a battery. Disposal of an embryo… would be a negligent homicide.”
    Seriously.
    WASHINGTON DC

We are learning that while Thing 45 was in office, he asked Mark Esper, his Secretary of Defense, about launching missiles into Mexico to “destroy the drug labs” and cartels while keeping US involvement secret.
    Perhaps Thing 45 could have asked Junior where he gets his drugs and just dropped bombs on American drug labs.
    INDIANA

Andrew Wilhoite, who is accused of murdering his wife in March and dumping her body in a creek, and in jail awaiting trial, has secured a spot as one of three Republican candidates in the race for a seat on the Clinton Township Board.
    I cannot make this shiz up.
    IDAHO

Janice McGeachin, Idaho’s GOP Lieutenant Governor, running against Governor Brad Little in the GOP primary, held a campaign rally featuring radical right-wing commentator Michelle Malkin, election conspiracy theorist Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers, and extremist broadcaster Stew Peters, all of whom addressed the white nationalist America First Political Action Conference in February, as did McGeachin.
    Seriously Idaho?
    KANSAS

Johnson County city HAS unanimously voted to ban a living arrangement aimed at helping tenants decrease the amount of rent they pay.
    The new ordinance defines a co-living group as a group of at least four unrelated adults living together in a dwelling unit; the ordinance states that if one adult is unrelated to another adult, then the entire group will be classified as unrelated.
    They’re coming for The Golden Girls, y’all.
    FLORIDA

While Governor Ron DeSantis vilified the Disney as “dishonest” and hypocritical and pushed to strip it of a special tax status and punish its leaders for challenging his policies, he and most Republicans in Florida will not be returning the hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign cash they received from the entertainment giant.
    Hypocrites, they are.
    PENNSYLVANIA

GOP Senate candidate and Muslim Mehmet Oz’s campaign blasted a primary rival for “pathetic and xenophobic” attacks against him while in the exact same statement he bragged that Thing 45 endorsed him.
    The same Thing 45 that pushed pathetic and xenophobic Muslim bans.
    TENNESSEE

The state will soon strictly regulate the dispensing of abortion pills and impose harsh penalties on doctors who violate them, under legislation recently signed into law by GOP Governor Bill Lee.
    Once enacted, a medical clinician will be required to be physically present when abortion pills are administered to a patient even though federal regulations now allow mail delivery nationwide.
    ARIZONA

If, as people think, the Supreme Court overturns women’s constitutional right to abortion, Blake Masters, an Arizona GOP candidate for U.S. Senate, thinks judges should also take aim at the right to buy and use contraception.
    Just for women, I think; condoms should still be legal.
    TEXAS

GOP State Representative Briscoe Cain says he’ll propose legislation barring local governments from doing business with any company that provides travel benefits for employees seeking abortions like …
    GOOD
    TEXAS

Texas GOP State Representative Briscoe Cain is gunning for Tesla, which officially moved its corporate headquarters last year from Silicon Valley to Texas, after the company said it would cover “travel and lodging support for those who may need to seek healthcare services that are unavailable in their home state” such as abortions.
    Tesla may become the Disney of Texas.
    WAaHINGTON

The Liberty Lake City Council voted 4-2 to not force the local public library to remove a popular, award-winning LGBTQ book, “Gender Queer” from its shelves after Erin Zasada tried for the second time to get the book banned.
    Zasada filled out a form asking if she’d read the book and she checked. ‘No.’ and also said:

“I don’t believe in banning books, period. I don’t believe in that at all. This is not a First Amendment issue. This is not an attack on an LGBTQ group, this is a fight against sexually explicit content directly aimed at minors.”
    Before she files another report to remove a book from the public library—a book that is shelved in the Adult Section—she ought to read up on book banning and see that it’s exactly what she’s trying to do.
    As I said, not a lot of good this week but that means We The People have to make the Good News happen by speaking up and standing up and shouting out and voting to remove those people from office who are out to harm women in their quest to take this country backwards.,
    CAST A GODDAMNED VOTE!

After the recent cheering by the right at the thought of Roe v Wade being overturned coupled with this latest vote, it isn’t any clearer that the GOP only cares about a fetus, and not a child.
    And they don’t care about women, or mothers, at all.
    Eric Clapton who fought against COVID mask mandates for his tour last year has COVID must cancel the remaining dates on this leg of his tour.
    If only there was something he could have done …
    Sorry, not sorry, Covidiot.
    We’ve been watching The First Lady on Showtime, which tells the stories of Michelle Obama, played by Viola Davis, Betty Ford played by Michelle Pfeiffer, and Eleanor Roosevelt played by Gillian Anderson.
    I adore Viola, but her performance seems more caricature because she changed the way she moves her mouth, pursing her lips in way that seems unnatural to her, though reminiscent of Obama. Anderson is good as Eleanor, though she comes across as quite frail and I never got that impression by reading about Eleanor Roosevelt.
    But Michelle Pfeiffer is brilliant as Betty Ford. Subtle, quiet; she reveals the character sometimes without saying a word. I’ve always liked Pfeiffer and thought her a good actor, but she’s amazing in this. The last episode dealt with Betty Ford mastectomy and Michelle Pfeiffer slayed that role.
    I’d watched her alone as Betty Ford.
    In the wake of these two latest mass shootings in the United Sates of Guns, ALLEGED mad of ‘g’od Franklin Graham posted to Facebook that only a relationship with Jesus Christ can stop gun violence.
    Really, Frank? Really, Cuz, there have been 198 shootings in this country so far this year so please tell me when Jesus is gonna stop the madness.
    Or maybe he’s too busy picking winning basketball teams and baseball games.
    Fuck all the way off, charlatan.
    Jake Daniels, Blackpool soccer forward, has become the first player in the UK to come out as gay since Justin Fashanu in 1990. At just seventeen, Jake made his senior debut for the Blackpool club this month, but wants to be a role model for others in the game by coming out:

“Now is the time to do it. I feel like I am ready to tell people my story. I want people to know the real me.”
    Welcome out, Jake, and please accept as our gift from HOMO HQ a copy of the Gay Agenda and the Official Coming Out Toaster Oven™.
    Welcome out.
    Ps He’s a hot little nugget.
    Talk about a snowflake … according to ex-Secretary of Defense Mark Esper’s memoir, A Sacred Oath, Thing 45 once demanded that former General Stan McChrystal and former Admiral William McRaven be recalled into active duty just so that they could be court-martialed for criticizing Thing 45.
    Seriously, what a little bitch.
    Amid the political backlash with the GOP over Florida’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ law, Disney will be donating ALL the profits from its pride merchandise to charities that help the LGBTQ+ community like GLSEN, PFLAG, The Trevor Project, Zebra Coalition, Los Angeles LGBT Center, LGBT Center Orange County, San Francisco LGBT Center, and the Ali Forney Center.
    Mickey has zero fucks to give.
    Meghan McCain wrote a book after leaving The View that she called Bad Republican: A Memoir in which she “expresses how it is to feel like you no longer fit in with your political party.” The book first came out as an audio book and when a paperback version was released it sold … 244 copies. Ouch.
    PS I imagine that hair pin cost her more than the book made.

I Didn't Say It

Hillary Clinton, on that ALLEGED SCOTUS Roe v Wade opinion:

“Any American who says, I am not a woman, this won’t affect me; I’m not gay, that won’t affect me—once you allow this extreme power to take hold, you have no idea who they will come for next.”
    It won’t always be a ‘them’ they come for; one day it might be you.
    Dave Rubin, homocon podcaster, on Karine Jean-Pierre’s new roles as White House Press Secretary:

“[Jen Psaki] will now be replaced by Karine Jean-Pierre. We know nothing about her other than the most important things—she’s a Black lesbo. “And for that, she’s got the gig. Very exciting. She’s also married to a CNN anchor. You can’t make this stuff up. She’s married to Suzanne Malveaux who’s a CNN anchor. I did not know Suzanne is a lesbian. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. You would think in terms of optics, if you were bringing in a new White House press secretary, you could possibly find someone who wasn’t married to a CNN anchor. Do you think that would be possible? But the impossible is possible with these people.”
    First off, Dave, you’re a racist and a homophobe.
    What difference does it make? And what difference does it make that her wife works for CNN?
    Karine Jean-Pierre works for the White House, not CNN.
    Melanie _____, former model and current grifter, pitching a hissy fit because Vogue featured Dr. Jill Biden on the cover:

“[Vogue and Anna Wintour are] biased and they have likes and dislikes, and it’s so obvious. And I think American people and everyone sees it. It was their decision, and I have much more important things to do—and I did in the White House—than being on the cover of Vogue.”
    Funny how someone who doesn’t care seems so upset, but maybe it’s because First Ladies Jill Biden, Michelle Obama, and Hillary Clinton have all appeared on the cover of Vogue and even Vice President Kamala Harris got the honor.
    Sorry. Melanie, but Vogue wanted First Ladies not First Nude Models.
    Christian Walker, out gay son of Georgia US Senate candidate Hershel Walker, proving he’s as dumb as his father while giving his opinion on abortion:

“If you’re gonna get an abortion, you do have to get banged. So all of the blue-haired pro-choice protesters don’t need to worry much about abortions. I’m sorry, I just had to say that. It’s easy to give something up when you don’t have it. It’s easy to give up shopping when you’re broke, like we all are under Joe Biden. So for everyone saying they’re going on a sex strike, were you getting any to begin with, ma’am? Cuz it doesn’t look like it. It looks like you’ve been in the drive-thru. Not in the drive up to his house category, more in the ‘I’ll take a ten-piece fried chicken.’ That’s where it looks like you’ve been.”
    What a self-entitled, illiterate POS … just like Daddy.
    Larry Hogan, the Republican governor of Democratic-leaning Maryland and a possible 2024 presidential candidate, calling on the GOP to extricate itself from Thing 45:

“We won’t win back the White House by nominating [Thing 45] or a cheap impersonation of him. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”
    Ah, but Larry, the way the GOP goosestepped to protect their Hair Furor after the insurrection, proves the party is insane.
    Adam Kinzinger, Illinois GOP Congressperson, saying he “would love” for former Vice President Mike Pence to voluntarily appear before the January 6 Committee:

“I would hope and think that the vice president would want to come in and tell his story because he did do the right thing on that day. If he doesn’t, then we’ll look at the options we have available to us if there’s information we don’t already have.”
    I don’t think Michael Elizabeth Pence will testify unless Adam agrees to meet him in a YMCA sauna wearing nothing but a tiny towel.
    Just sayin’. And keep in mind, Pence doesn’t want people to remember that he was threatened with murder on January 6 by his own party at the request of Thing 45 because he’s a lying hypocritical POS.
    President Biden, calling out Republicans for their attacks on teachers and books:

“Today, there are too many politicians trying to score political points, trying to ban books—even math books. I mean, did you ever think—even you younger teachers—did you ever think, when you’d be teaching, that you’d be worried about book burnings and banning books, all because it doesn’t fit somebody’s political agenda? American teachers have dedicated their lives to teaching our children and lifting them up. We got to stop making them the target of the culture wars. That’s where this is going.”
    The GOP wants a generation of uneducated, ill-informed, unaware voters because when voters are stupid the GOP wins.

These really are the easiest posts to compile because there are dumb people everywhere and it seems they are all trying to out-dumb one another with fear and loathing, but there are some bright spots … so here goes:
    BAD
    MICHIGAN

Republican Jacky Eubanks, Thing 45’s pick for a state Senate seat. is promising to ban all birth control if elected:

“I guess we have to ask ourselves, would that ever come to a vote in the Michigan state legislature? And if it should, I would have to side with it should not be legal. People believe that birth control—it’s better because then you won’t get pregnant and you won’t need to have an abortion, but I think it gives people the false sense of security that they can have consequence-free sex, and that’s not true and that’s not correct. Sex ought to be between one man and one woman in the confines of marriage.”
    Welcome to the 1950s and, please, one reporter, just one, please ask Jacky if she’s ever had sex outside marriage.
    WASHINGTON DC

Catherine Glenn Foster, president of the Americans United for Life campaign group, was summoned by the GOP as an expert witness during a House judiciary committee meeting on access to abortion and said this:

“In places like Washington D.C. [fetuses] are burned to power the lights of the city’s homes and streets. The next time you turn on the light, think of the incinerators.”
    She was not questioned about where she gets her facts by any one ion the GOP because … ignorance and fear are the talking points.
    VIRGINIA

GOP Delegate Tim Anderson is threatening to file a restraining order against Barnes and Noble and Virginia Beach Schools to enjoin them from selling or loaning the books Gender Queer and a Court of Mist and Fury because he says they are obscene though neither book fits that definition, and neither book is pornography.
    Barnes & Noble has yet to respond to the legal action but, as a private business, they are allowed to sell what they wish to sell and are under no obligation by anyone to move materials out of their facilities.
    Still, to the GOP, Gay is Bad.
    OKLAHOMA

The state Legislature gave final approval to a bill that prohibits nearly all abortions starting at fertilization, which would make it the nation’s strictest abortion law.
    The bill is modeled on one that took effect in Texas, which has relied on civilian instead of criminal enforcement to work around court challenges, but it goes further than the Texas law because it also subjects abortion providers and anyone who “aids or abets” an abortion to civil suits from private individuals.
    The GOP will force women to have babies, but not give a damn about the child once its born.
    KENTUCKY

The state’s GOP Representative Thomas Massie cast the only vote against a House resolution honoring Jewish Americans’ heritage and denouncing a rise in violence motivated by antisemitism. The resolution passed the House with 420 votes with Massie’s ‘No’ and either Republicans abstaining from voting.
    He voted No to simply denounce a rise in Hate Crimes, and ‘No’ against honoring Jewish American’s heritage.
    Let that sink in.
    NEW JERSEY

GOP State Senator Edward Durr has introduced legislation that would prohibit teachers from bringing LGBTQ-related instruction into classrooms from kindergarten through sixth grade, while students in seventh through 12th grade can “only” be exposed to LGBTQ topics if a parent gives consent.
    If the bill is passed, parents would be allowed to sue schools that employ educators who violate the law by incorporating topics such sexual orientation or gender identity into the curriculum without a parent’s consent.
    They will freely teach Hate, though.
    GOOD
    MAINE

When no adults would revive the community Pride parade in Belfast, Maine, a group of motivated Belfast Area High School students stepped up to make sure that the event—which has been on a pandemic hiatus—happens this year.
    The city’s first-ever Pride parade and festival took place in 2016, and became an annual tradition, but no adult organizers had come forward this year to keep the tradition going after being canceled for the last two years due to COVID.
    So, twenty high school students secured a permit from the city of Belfast, found sponsors, raised money for banners, flags and other expenses and grappled with the procuring of liability insurance.
    That’s the future, y’all.
    NEW HAMPSHIRE

GOP Governor Chris Sununu announced he would veto a piece of legislation, the “Parental Bill of Rights,” that critics say could require New Hampshire schools to out LGBTQ+ children to their parents.
    A Republican with common sense? Who knew?
    AMERICA

About two-thirds of Americans say they do not support overturning Roe v. Wade, and also shows that two-thirds of Democrats say the contents of the SCOTUS leak make them more likely to vote in November, as compared to just 40% of Republicans who said so.
    This survey showed that voters would cast their ballot in favor of a Democrat in their local congressional district if the election were held today.
    Vote Blue!
    WYOMING

GOP Senator Cynthia Lummis, a Republican representing Wyoming in the U.S. Senate, speaking at commencements of several schools, including the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Education, and said that “the existence of two sexes, male and female” was a “fundamental scientific truth.”
    She was roundly booed by the students, the educated students.
    That is also the future, y’all.
    Remember, We The People have to make the Good News happen by speaking up and standing up and shouting out and voting to remove those people from office who are out to harm women, People of Color, and the LGBTQ+ community in their quest to take this country backwards.
    CAST A GODDAMNED VOTE!

An interesting turn of events is happening in the Pennsylvania GOP primary. Dave McCormick, who is losing to Oz, the seemingly impotent, by less than 1000 votes is suing to have mail-in ballots counted. What makes this so very interesting, is that McCormick is one of those candidates who has been pushing the The Big Lie. Yep! He's hoping those voters who mailed in their ballots will now save his phony political ass. At issue are those ballots which don't have a hand-written date on the back of the envelope. That little bug-a-boo kept ballots from being counted during the 2020 presidential election. Ouch! Isn't it funny ho0w that endorsement from the Orange Anus didn't automatically Oz, the impotent, directly into the winners circle. Mail-in ballots? Who'd have thunk?

And it appears that an endorsement from Trump isn't nearly what it's cracked up to be. Take Georgia, in which David Perdue is expected to lose badly. Now, let me be perfectly clear, there is no way I want to see George go red again, but having the opportunity to watch the Orange Anus and his endorsement basically used as shit paper by Brian Kemp is... somewhat pleasing. It's kind of like watching him stick the pointy end of the ice cream cone into his eye repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    An interesting turn of events is happening in the Pennsylvania GOP primary. Dave McCormick, who is losing to Oz, the seemingly impotent, by less than 1000 votes is suing to have mail-in ballots counted. What makes this so very interesting, is that McCormick is one of those candidates who has been pushing the The Big Lie. Yep! He's hoping those voters who mailed in their ballots will now save his phony political ass. At issue are those ballots which don't have a hand-written date on the back of the envelope. That little bug-a-boo kept ballots from being counted during the 2020 presidential election. Ouch! Isn't it funny ho0w that endorsement from the Orange Anus didn't automatically Oz, the impotent, directly into the winners circle. Mail-in ballots? Who'd have thunk?

And it appears that an endorsement from Trump isn't nearly what it's cracked up to be. Take Georgia, in which David Perdue is expected to lose badly. Now, let me be perfectly clear, there is no way I want to see George go red again, but having the opportunity to watch the Orange Anus and his endorsement basically used as shit paper by Brian Kemp is... somewhat pleasing. It's kind of like watching him stick the pointy end of the ice cream cone into his eye repeatedly.
    Remember...we're only in the primary stage at this point. Abrams is coming to break their political backs.

The Great American Horror

MAY 25, 2022
    If we could accept Sandy Hook, the saying went, the battle was already lost. The school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, is a reminder that it may be too late for redemption.
    From Esquire, by Jack Holmes:
    And the greatest horror of all, maybe, is that there may well be no way back for the United States. There is no taking back the 400 million guns, no convincing the chorus of the loud and the deranged that something must be changed. Any measure, even the most mild restriction, is a “gun grab” or an assault on Second Amendment rights as detailed by right-wing justices hand-picked for the purpose. You can call for voluntary—voluntary—voluntary—gun buyback programs and be called a gun-grabber, a totalitarian, a hater of liberty. Never mind the kind of changes that would actually make a difference. We’re told the answer is more guns. Guns to defend yourself, so you can get in a shootout at the grocery store. Guns for armed guards at schools, so they can shoot it out with school shooters. About a third of Americans own a gun, and many are quite reasonable about the proposition. But others aren’t. The rest of the country and the politicians that represent them have found no answer, and the game is up anyway. “In retrospect,” reads a famous tweet from Dan Hodges, “Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over.”
    This is the gun country, where your kid might just be shot in the head at school. Is that too graphic? Is it too much to bear? Because that’s the country you’re living in. It’s the country where more than 450 people just shoot themselves every week. It’s the country where you might just get shot at the mall, or the movie theater, or the subway, or anywhere at anytime. Here’s hoping you aren’t in the wrong place at the wrong moment. In a time when the democratic process itself is under attack, when people are running to be governor of a state on the platform of throwing out votes if they don’t like who got more of them, it is the gun thing as much as anything that has me convinced that the United States of America may well be a nation beyond repair. Those kids in Texas had two days left until school was out for the summer. You have to wonder whether the sun will ever shine the same way.