[REMOVE ADS]

Nice. Hope Mary & Martha do their thing over there.

Beautiful building they are performing in

That is going to be a great night!

Sure is. Do they ever sing together on stage?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Beautiful building they are performing in
    Its a real nice hall but its a High School auditorium and the buildings real generic.

Sure is. Do they ever sing together on stage?
    I saw them do that one time. It was in June 1994 at Chene Park in Detroit. It was "Mary Wilson Appreciation Day" and honoring Dr. Beans Bowles. They sang Marvin Gaye's "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" it was a lot of fun watching them. It was also the day I got see and hear Mary sing "He's Seventeen" with original Supreme Barbara Martin.

Oh wow. Did they sing the whole song He’s 17? How did Barbara sound?

Oh wow. Did they sing the whole song He’s 17? How did Barbara sound?
    I hope they remembered the lyric to Hes Seventeen. Anyway I think it would be great if Mary included some of the pre WDOLG songs in her show. I think she would really sound good on Your Heart Belongs To Me. She could do The Tears and After All. She could give the audience a little background on how it all began

Quote Originally Posted by Zantellor View Post
    I hope they remembered the lyric to Hes Seventeen. Anyway I think it would be great if Mary included some of the pre WDOLG songs in her show. I think she would really sound good on Your Heart Belongs To Me. She could do The Tears and After All. She could give the audience a little background on how it all began
    Mike, they didn't sing the whole song. LOL! Barbara's son, went up to the stage and lifted Mary up and then down so that she could get out into the audience where Barbara was. They sang a couple lines and the chorus. It was a lot of fun. All of the Brewster Old Timers were in the audience. This was several months after Mary's accident, so a lot of her childhood friends turned out to see her.

I agree Zantellor..and Long Gone Lover! So THAT was the last time two original Supremes sang in public together!

I agree Zantellor..and Long Gone Lover! So THAT was the last time two original Supremes sang in public together!
    Pretty much so. You had a lot of people from Detroit's Music community in that audience that day. I'd like to hear Mary surprise everybody and sing "Baby Don't Go". She should sing the whole song all the way through and then tell the audience of it's history. You know how Berry Gordy wrote it, etc,etc.

Oh yes! Forgot about that one.

Oh yes! Forgot about that one.
    Ok, now if we continue, this thread will be banished to the DRATS ghetto! LOL!!!!

Lol. Martha Martha Martha!!

I wanna hear if Martha does I'll Have to Let Him Go.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mike, they didn't sing the whole song. LOL! Barbara's son, went up to the stage and lifted Mary up and then down so that she could get out into the audience where Barbara was. They sang a couple lines and the chorus. It was a lot of fun. All of the Brewster Old Timers were in the audience. This was several months after Mary's accident, so a lot of her childhood friends turned out to see her.
    I wish I were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantellor View Post
    I wish I were there.
    It was very nice and more than a little bittersweet. This event was just 5 months after Mary's accident.