[REMOVE ADS]

Jimmy walker talks of not having a relationship with other good times cast members

Jimmy is very well spoken,too bad they didn't let him be on the show.

tooooo arrogant for me!!!!

Bitter much?!? Yeesh. [[Although the bit about Ja’Net DuBois is comedy gold.)

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  21.1 KB
    I'm glad to see how well-spoken Jimmy is. I don't think he is especially bitter. He's just telling it like it was. He's being very honest. Sometimes, when circumstances don't allow a real gelling together of the various workers on a project, in a good atmosphere, the people don't create a close relationship. That's too bad. It makes you appreciate that when it does happen.
    Last edited by robb_k; 07-31-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Jimmie is well-spoken. Thoughtful too , a free thinker. He's had his own talk radio shows in years past.
    From wiki:
    "Walker described his political beliefs at length in his autobiography, Dyn-O-Mite: Good Times, Bad Times, Our Times: A Memoir. In it, he called himself a "logicist," who believes in "logic and common sense", holding conservative positions on many issues."
    On August 3, 2017, Walker publicly announced his support for President Donald Trump,[13][14] saying that he was "for probably 90 percent of the things he does."

That clip from theTAF interview goes on too long about little imo. The piece from it about how "dynamite" came about is more illuminating.

Attachment 14500
    Sorry to read that Jimmy is a big fan of Donald Trump. But, then I was also sorry to hear that Jackie Robinson was a big fan of Richard Nixon. I can see why Robinson was for Nixon, as the latter had espoused The African-American community lifting themselves up through small private business. But Jimmy liking 90% of what Trump has done [["does") is baffling to me.

I read Jimmy's book years ago. I can't remember much about it other than I thought he was a dick then, and this interview isn't changing my mind. Even at his age it seems like he doesn't see the wisdom in John and Esther's positions, even if he disagrees with their methods. And that Bernadette story further illustrates his lack of wisdom. I will agree that it would have been good branding in the Hollywood sense to capitalize off of Bernadette's beauty [[she's still gorgeous, btw) but in an era when Black people are trying to showcase that stupidity, crime and sex is not who we are, of course it's going to be a touchy [[no pun intended) subject to suggest that this young Black woman get half naked for photos in order to advance her career [[and the show). At 80 he still doesn't seem to understand why that might not have been the best idea. Jimmy likes 90 percent of what Trump has done...duh. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I read Jimmy's book years ago. I can't remember much about it other than I thought he was a dick then, and this interview isn't changing my mind. Even at his age it seems like he doesn't see the wisdom in John and Esther's positions, even if he disagrees with their methods. And that Bernadette story further illustrates his lack of wisdom. I will agree that it would have been good branding in the Hollywood sense to capitalize off of Bernadette's beauty [[she's still gorgeous, btw) but in an era when Black people are trying to showcase that stupidity, crime and sex is not who we are, of course it's going to be a touchy [[no pun intended) subject to suggest that this young Black woman get half naked for photos in order to advance her career [[and the show). At 80 he still doesn't seem to understand why that might not have been the best idea. Jimmy likes 90 percent of what Trump has done...duh. I wonder why?
Views: 730
    Because Jimmy's a multi-millionaire?

Why does everyone talk about how well he's "spoken"? Why wouldn't he be?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I am SO glad you said this. It's been bothering me to the hilt. Curious that anyone would speak that way about a 71-year-old native-born American whose first language is English, no?
    Last edited by sansradio; 08-01-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Because Jimmy's a multi-millionaire?
    Nah, I think it's because he's a Tom.

Maybe they're expecting him to be more like the buffoon he played on TV. Either that or because he's a Trump supporter.

I just spit out my coffee.🤣🤣🤣

People expect black people to drop double negatives, use an infinite number of colloquialisms, drop their "g"s and generally speak as if they were raised on the streets, I guess. Funny how nobody grades Trump's enunciation.

Besides that, Jimmie Walker has been a dick for years. A wannabe who will shill for anything that the GOP conceives with no shame. Remember, there were reports of him dating the most deplorable of all political pundits, Ann Coulter a few years ago. I wouldn't be in the same room as her for more than a minute if I saw her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    People expect black people to drop double negatives, use an infinite number of colloquialisms, drop their "g"s and generally speak as if they were raised on the streets, I guess. Funny how nobody grades Trump's enunciation.

Besides that, Jimmie Walker has been a dick for years. A wannabe who will shill for anything that the GOP conceives with no shame. Remember, there were reports of him dating the most deplorable of all political pundits, Ann Coulter a few years ago. I wouldn't be in the same room as her for more than a minute if I saw her.
    PREACH, SIR!

[[BTW, the gif above is priceless.)

I will confess to admiring a well-spoken voice , and that would certainly include hearing it from the otherwise loud and brash "JJ" from GOODTIMES. Also let it be noted that my initial post is absent of racial reference and contains no name calling.

now how about some Jimmie comedy:

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I am SO glad you said this. It's been bothering me to the hilt. Curious that anyone would speak that way about a 71-year-old native-born American whose first language is English, no?
Views: 716
    Not at all. Many, many of the Americans who write on The Internet [[most of whom are middle class - I dare say) use poor grammar, and poor spelling. I'm guessing they speak in a similar manner. A good portion of The Americans I meet during my stays in L.A. and Chicago speak similarly. Furthermore, most people who watched Jimmy on his TV show, and saw him act similarly [[by request) on talk shows, never saw him in a serious interview before this, and so, find it hard to imagine him in an ordinary context. I agree that that is "type-casting" and unfair. But, a lot of us fall prey to that kind of subconscious reaction.

What has being an "Uncle Tom" to do with being for Trump? We all know that neither The Democrats nor The Republicans are good for the basic US population. It's just that The Republicans are generally even worse than The Democrats for the lowest end of the economic scale, and, in my judgement, Trump is worse than most [[admittedly not all) of The Republicans. So, why wouldn't an educated man like Jimmy, look more closely into all of what Trump has done in the past, and who is backing him now, before saying that he likes 90% of what "Trump does"? I admit that he could like a few things that Trump has done, which, indeed could help a person in his situation. But MOST??? That bothers me. It would also bother me if just about anyone who had less than $1 million in net total assets said the same thing. I have to think that he just wasn't thinking when he said that, and he also hasn't really looked deeply into what he should to decide for whom to vote.
    Last edited by robb_k; 08-02-2018 at 04:39 PM.

This about sums him up, for me.

Furthermore, most people who watched Jimmy on his TV show, and saw him act similarly [[by request) on talk shows, never saw him in a serious interview before this, and so, find it hard to imagine him in an ordinary context. I agree that that is "type-casting" and unfair. But, a lot of us fall prey to that kind of subconscious reaction.
    Yeah, that's what I figured caught folks by surprise. I've seen Jimmy do interviews before, so it wasn't a surprise to me. However, he's not someone in constant television demand and certainly isn't much on anyone's radar outside of his work as JJ, so I imagine it's easy to typecast him as more like JJ than he actually is.

What has being an "Uncle Tom" to do with being for Trump? We all know that neither The Democrats nor The Republicans are good for the basic US population. It's just that The Republicans are generally even worse than The Democrats for the lowest end of the economic scale, and, in my judgement, Trump is worse than most [[admittedly not all) of The Republicans. So, why would an educated man like Jimmy, look more closely into all of what Trump has done in the past, and who is backing him now, before saying that he likes 90% of what "Trump does"? I admit that he could like a few things that Trump has done, which, indeed could help a person in his situation. But MOST??? That bothers me. It would also bother me if just about anyone who had less than $1 million in net total assets said the same thing. I have to think that he just wasn't thinking when he said that, and he also hasn't really looked deeply into what he should to decide for whom to vote.
    As I said before, I read Jimmy's book and I've seen him interviewed before, so it comes as no surprise that he'd be a Trump man. For the record I'm neither Democrat nor Republican, although I tend to vote dem because I believe their candidates and the party as a whole are the slightly lesser of two evils. [[I dream of the day when our nation grows beyond the control of two parties.) So while I don't think every Black person who is a Republican is an Uncle Tom, I do feel that nearly every Black person who supports Trump is a Tom or has a serious lack in judgement. [[The one Black man I know and love who personally supports Trump is over 80 and starting to make questionable decisions, so he doesn't count.) I have to question the character of any Black person who can support someone who tweets a meme that tries to show a link between African Americans and crime [[and then had to remove the tweet because it was pointed out that the FBI "stats" listed were incorrect, so the idiot didn't even have the good sense to go to the FBI website first before he retweeted it). He further illustrates his thoughts on our criminality by not even backing down off of the Central Park Five. Even DNA evidence won't allow him to say he was wrong about the brothers and he should be glad they weren't lynched...I mean executed, as he had hoped. This is also a president who found it difficult...impossible...to call white supremacists what they are. Forget all of his other antics which make him the most immature of any president [[certainly in my lifetime), his ideas on race alone should be enough to make Black people everywhere bristle with the sting of the memory of history. But that's not the case for Jimmy, who might be finding the adoration he has longed for among the GOP crowd that he probably wishes he had gotten from Black America. So he'd sale us out to get a pat on the back from them...classic Tom.

What has being an "Uncle Tom" to do with being for Trump? We all know that neither The Democrats nor The Republicans are good for the basic US population. It's just that The Republicans are generally even worse than The Democrats for the lowest end of the economic scale, and, in my judgement, Trump is worse than most [[admittedly not all) of The Republicans. So, why would an educated man like Jimmy, look more closely into all of what Trump has done in the past, and who is backing him now, before saying that he likes 90% of what "Trump does"?
    I don't refer to people as "Uncle Toms". But anybody who supports a man who installed white nationalists in key advisory positions as Trump did is a racist. Especially when the president enacts policies that are extremely harmful to peoples of color, proving that he's taking that advice. A black man supporting a racist is a self-hater and a racist himself and deserves any disdain that finds him.

And a lot of Trump voters take offense to being called a racist but they have no problems supporting his racist behavior and policies. So, who cares if they don't consider themselves to be racist if they encourage and support a racist? You are what your actions prove you to be. I'd suggest Jimmie Walker kiss my ass but he prefers kissing butts a few shades lighter than mine.

Not at all. Many, many of the Americans who write on The Internet [[most of whom are middle class - I dare say) use poor grammar, and poor spelling. I'm guessing they speak in a similar manner. A good portion of The Americans I meet during my stays in L.A. and Chicago speak similarly. Furthermore, most people who watched Jimmy on his TV show, and saw him act similarly [[by request) on talk shows, never saw him in a serious interview before this, and so, find it hard to imagine him in an ordinary context. I agree that that is "type-casting" and unfair. But, a lot of us fall prey to that kind of subconscious reaction.

What has being an "Uncle Tom" to do with being for Trump? We all know that neither The Democrats nor The Republicans are good for the basic US population. It's just that The Republicans are generally even worse than The Democrats for the lowest end of the economic scale, and, in my judgement, Trump is worse than most [[admittedly not all) of The Republicans. So, why would an educated man like Jimmy, look more closely into all of what Trump has done in the past, and who is backing him now, before saying that he likes 90% of what "Trump does"? I admit that he could like a few things that Trump has done, which, indeed could help a person in his situation. But MOST??? That bothers me. It would also bother me if just about anyone who had less than $1 million in net total assets said the same thing. I have to think that he just wasn't thinking when he said that, and he also hasn't really looked deeply into what he should to decide for whom to vote.
    For the record, I did not call Walker a Tom. However, both RanRan79 and Jerry Oz have brilliantly delineated why someone would. We're talking about a president who, aside from the examples given above, got his first media mention due to his real estate company's rampant discrimination, fired a Black accountant because "laziness is a trait in Blacks," and who made his political bones denying the citizenship of America's first Black president. Then, after Putin installs him in office, this individual uses racial slurs such as "Pocahontas" with impunity, says there are "very fine" neo-Nazis [[and in the wake of cold-blooded murder, no less) and calls countries of color "shitholes" in a meeting [[in tandem with lamenting the dearth of Scandinavian immigrants). And those are just the tip of this particular iceberg. It's understandable why any Black supporter of this foolishness would get dragged.
    Last edited by sansradio; 08-02-2018 at 04:50 PM.

I don't refer to people as "Uncle Toms". But anybody who supports a man who installed white nationalists in key advisory positions as Trump did is a racist. Especially when the president enacts policies that are extremely harmful to peoples of color, proving that he's taking that advice. A black man supporting a racist is a self-hater and a racist himself and deserves any disdain that finds him.

And a lot of Trump voters take offense to being called a racist but they have no problems supporting his racist behavior and policies. So, who cares if they don't consider themselves to be racist if they encourage and support a racist? You are what your actions prove you to be. I'd suggest Jimmie Walker kiss my ass but he prefers kissing butts a few shades lighter than mine.
    D.L. Hughley put it brilliantly when he said something to the effect that all Trump supporters may not be racist, but racism is absolutely not a deal-breaker for them, either.

When I hear people state that they aren't racist, I'm quick to ask what their definition of a "racist" is. Usually, they try to sidestep the answer because the definition will prove that they are racist unless they come up with something stupid. I think it's something that people need to consider or they shouldn't try to hide behind a denial. If you express opinions or conduct actions that negatively impact a person or people of a particular race, and that action or thought was motivated by your perception of the race of that person or those people, then you are a racist. And if you are indifferent to or supportive of a racist or his/her actions, then it doesn't matter if you don't consider yourself a racist because you might as well be.

When I hear people state that they aren't racist, I'm quick to ask what their definition of a "racist" is. Usually, they try to sidestep the answer because the definition will prove that they are racist unless they come up with something stupid. I think it's something that people need to consider or they shouldn't try to hide behind a denial. If you express opinions or conduct actions that negatively impact a person or people of a particular race, and that action or thought was motivated by your perception of the race of that person or those people, then you are a racist. And if you are indifferent to or supportive of a racist or his/her actions, then it doesn't matter if you don't consider yourself a racist because you might as well be.
    Spot on as usual, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    For the record, I did not call Walker a Tom. However, both RanRan79 and Jerry Oz have brilliantly delineated why someone would. We're talking about a president who, aside from the examples given above, got his first media mention due to his real estate company's rampant discrimination, fired a Black accountant because "laziness is a trait in Blacks," and who made his political bones denying the citizenship of America's first Black president. Then, after Putin installs him in office, this individual uses racial slurs such as "Pocahontas" with impunity, says there are "very fine" neo-Nazis [[and in the wake of cold-blooded murder, no less) and calls countries of color "shitholes" in a meeting [[in tandem with lamenting the dearth of Scandinavian immigrants). And those are just the tip of this particular iceberg. It's understandable why any Black supporter of this foolishness would get dragged.
Views: 705
    I agree with you 100% about Trump, and have always felt that way about him. I also agree that Jimmy Walker supporting Trump, and saying he likes 90% of what Trump does is unconscionable, given what Trump has done. But the description of Jimmy being an "Uncle Tom", and being for Trump just to be patted on the back by "SOMEONE" because he gets no love nor credit from ANYONE, if true, is REALLY, REALLY sad.

Isn't there some other "SOMEONE", who is not a White racist, and not a selfish millionaire who takes money from poor and hard-working people, and gives it to his wealthy colleagues, who might make Jimmy feel better???

I agree that Jimmy should be thought a fool for making such statements. But if THAT's the reason for it, it is really sad. But, I suppose that the alternative, that he is too blind to see what's happening in front of his face, and too lazy to do some reading, is just as bad in another way.

You put it better than I ever could. 1000 percent agree.

Views: 741
    I'm glad to see how well-spoken Jimmy is. I don't think he is especially bitter. He's just telling it like it was. He's being very honest. Sometimes, when circumstances don't allow a real gelling together of the various workers on a project, in a good atmosphere, the people don't create a close relationship. That's too bad. It makes you appreciate that when it does happen.
    Which is why we sometimes forget they're actors. Jon Lovitz said it better on SNL: "I'm acting!!!" Some examples: Bill Cosby. Isabel Sanford vs. Sherman Helmsley. Johnny Carson.