[REMOVE ADS]

Where's Smokey's Story?

You know gang,with the great[Motown]revival on stage and even once again talk about a[Marvin Gaye]movie,why is there no talk about honoring the greatest songwriter of all time and one who's very much alive...Smokey Robinson-from his teen days and the beginning of the Miracles and his romance with Claudette to his solo years what a story it would be with the man himself there to advise as well as Ms.Claudette,has anyone heard anything about such a project?

Yes, in fact I have. The producers of the "Ray" film are developing it right now. For maybe the past six months or maybe longer people have been asking Smokey who's going to play him. Even though he doesn't feel his life is interesting enough for a biopic,there is one in the works. Perfect timing in my opinion because other than Berry Gordy he's probably the last living great example of what Motown means to all of us. Young girls who are young enough to be his grandchildren are crazy about him. This is the right time for that contribution to society.

Wow,Quinn,that's fantastic,thanks I'll be the first in line for tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Yes, in fact I have. The producers of the "Ray" film are developing it right now. For maybe the past six months or maybe longer people have been asking Smokey who's going to play him. Even though he doesn't feel his life is interesting enough for a biopic,there is one in the works. Perfect timing in my opinion because other than Berry Gordy he's probably the last living great example of what Motown means to all of us. Young girls who are young enough to be his grandchildren are crazy about him. This is the right time for that contribution to society.
    Off the top of my head. Terrance Howard. D'Angelo. Raphael Sadiq.

Terrance Howard is too old. He is already 50 years old. D'Angelo and Raphael Sadiq are not actors and I don't know if they can act. I prefer personally that they choose someone that is first of all a great actor, that resemble Smokey and can lip synch convincingly.
    Last edited by marv2; 06-30-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Uhhhh. Raphael-Saadiq for some reason just does not remind me at all of Smokey Robinson......

Attachment 15975

nor does D'Angelo.......LOL!

Attachment 15976

what about this dude here?
    whatever happened to him anyway? haven't seen him around lately..

Quote Originally Posted by GrtGzu View Post
    what about this dude here?
    whatever happened to him anyway? haven't seen him around lately..

That is actor Allen Payne aka "G-Money" from "New Jack City" . He too is 50 years old now and that is too old to play Smokey Robinson from the majority of his life. Smokey was a teenager when Miracles were formed and in his 20s throughout the 1960s. I don't care how good an actor is, it is not believable to have a 50 something man play one that is in his 20s.

I'm thinking that the producers can find a young actor from the stage who looks enough like smokey to cast,i hope this project goes through but is done right....suzanne dupass...stay far away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I'm thinking that the producers can find a young actor from the stage who looks enough like smokey to cast,i hope this project goes through but is done right....suzanne dupass...stay far away!!!
    Don't even look at Suzanne DePasse for this film. It will go south immediately.

As a matter of fact,don't tell her where it's being filmed,hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    uhhhh. Raphael-saadiq for some reason just does not remind me at all of smokey robinson......

Attachment 15975
    maybe this guy could play-bobby rodgers?

As a matter of fact,don't tell her where it's being filmed,hehe.
    Tell her Smokey's has retired and moved to the South of France...then, quick lock all the doors and turn off the lights! LOL!

Way too small. Bobby Rogers was big bruiser looking type guy LOL! I had to look up to talk to him.

We overlooked someone else very important to the story. He could probably play Ronnie White! That is the only one I can think of where he'd somewhat resemble physically. You know Ronnie is the one that brought Stevie Wonder to Motown.

Ok,i couldn't tell by his photo how tall or short he is.

Ok,i couldn't tell by his photo how tall or short he is.
    Raphael-saadiq is a thin, little guy that Erkiel from Family Matters could intimidate. LOL!

Oh dang,well maybe he 's not the one,hehehehe!