[REMOVE ADS]

Donīt mess with Bill / The hunter gets captured by the game - The Marvelettes

I would like to ask again, who sing the backround vocals on the mentioned tracks ?
    Only Kat and Glad or both with The Andantes or only Wanda & The Andantes
    Thanks for clarify

If I’m correct it’s both

I just listened to[don't mess with bill]and i don't think the andantes were used on that one,i just think that smokey blended the girls harmony nicely,now the andantes were used on[the hunter gets captured]for those of you who have the[45]version with the sweet harmony at the end-that's the andantes no question.

I think it's Katherine and Gladys on background. They sounded like the record when I saw them sing it live at an outdoor concert after the record came out.

'Don't Mess With Bill' : background vocals recorded July 14 1965; additional overdubs recorded July 20 1965.

That would seem to indicate The Marvelettes recorded background vocals on July 14, and The Andantes were dubbed in July 20.

On the 'Hullabaloo' clip [[with the audience responses) Wanda is singing live to the backing track, which includes the voices of The Andantes.

Katherine and Gladys have a live mic, turned down, but you can hear their voices more clearly on the repeated 'don't mess with Bill' chorus. I don't hear those voices on the record.

For the 'Hullabaloo' performance, the lusty voices of Katherine and Gladys and also the smoother harmony voices of The Andantes can all be heard singing...but The Andantes voices are identical to the background voices heard on the finished recording.

So, for what it's worth, I'd say the background voices heard on the 'Don't Mess With Bill' recording are those of The Andantes only......and also on 'The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game'.....

Thanks very much for all these responses. Iīm really a little confused because of THGCBTG, wiki said different things about the backround, on the single dredits by Kat, Glad & The Andantes, on the album wiki there are only the andantes, I think.
    I think itīs a mystery........!

Yes, FFF, it's difficult to be sure if not actually present, but it seems the recording of background voices often did include group members in the first instance.

The producers, who were wanting to achieve the best sound they could, would then often add additional voices - for example, The Andantes.

Sometimes, all voices were then used on the recordings, and at other times only The Andantes voices were used.

And, of course, The Andantes would generally be used if some or all of the background group voices were unavailable.