[REMOVE ADS]

Frank Wilson - "Til You Were Gone

Features on "Motown Floorshakers" disc 2 and on "Motown Delights : Soft Centred Soul" [[but not on DFTMC seemingly). Anyhow, enjoy.

Here you go mysterysinger: -

Til You Were Gone [[Frank Wilson) published Jobete

The Miracles; recorded Hitsville, completed 29-Jul-66 ; produced by Frank Wilson ; [demo by Frank Wilson]

25-Oct-95; CD [[M): Motown 530 472 2 Anthology / The Best Of Smokey Robinson & The Miracles [artist shown as Smokey Robinson & the Miracles]
    05-Aug-02; CD [[M): Motown 017 277 2 Soul Satisfaction 03 - Motown Delights - Soft Centred Soul [artist shown as Frank Wilson] [UK]
    Always thought Frank sounded a bit like Eddie Kendricks on this track.

Cheers

Paul

I've always liked this track along with "My Heart Says Yes" from the same Anthology.

This stellar track was to be the follow up to "A Whole Lotta Shakin". When that didn't take off the way the company expected,QC went with "Come Round Here". I particularly love the mix with Eddie Willis's distinctive "Chank" that embellished many Motown tunes very prevalent. As great as this track is though, something tells me it either wouldn't be released or Frank would've been sent back to the Snakepit to revise the lyrics even if Smokey had laid a vocal. I can see this one having the same fate as "I Found Something" which he recorded on Marvin Gaye.

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    Here you go mysterysinger: -

Always thought Frank sounded a bit like Eddie Kendricks on this track.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for that.