[REMOVE ADS]

Motown 40th Anniversary PolyGram Posters

I recently learned that in 1998 when PolyGram owned Motown, that the company issued some 18x24 commemorative posters spotlighting some of their greatest artists.

Recently I purchased on eBay a near mint poster for the Four Tops and another for Marvin Gaye. There was an additional poster being sold by another bidder on Diana Ross for an exorbitant amount [[no shock there).

Therefore, there were at least 3 posters issued for the Motown 40th Anniversary: Diana Ross, Four Tops, and Marvin Gaye.

Does anyone know of ANY OTHER artists that were featured in this manner?

Thank you. It helps when I know what I am searching for. I hate looking for a Needle in a Haystack which may not exist.

Woodward, were these poster in any way tied to the television special?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Woodward, were these poster in any way tied to the television special?
    Marv: I honestly do not know. Perhaps they were. I just happened to see on eBay where two were advertised by a suburban Washington, DC seller and I snatched them up. I communicated with the seller but he did not know any information on them. As I said, I then found on another west coast seller that there was one available for Diana Ross. That made the 3rd one. They must produce these posters in a very LIMITED quantity which does not preserve them for historical purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Marv: I honestly do not know. Perhaps they were. I just happened to see on eBay where two were advertised by a suburban Washington, DC seller and I snatched them up. I communicated with the seller but he did not know any information on them. As I said, I then found on another west coast seller that there was one available for Diana Ross. That made the 3rd one. They must produce these posters in a very LIMITED quantity which does not preserve them for historical purposes.
    Hey thanks Woodward. Yes, Ebay is still the go to site for just about anything. I remember after the Donovan building came down, there was guy on Ebay selling just about everything he was able to salvage from the demolition and rubble.