[REMOVE ADS]

If only the Tempts had worked with...

I really wish Shorty Long had gotten the chance to produce material on the Temptations. With his love of both 50s style ballads and hardcore funk arrangements, the combo would of been like milk and Oreos. I can hear Paul nailing Shorty’s version of “Memories are Made of This”. He could of done a mix of both original songs and doo-wop covers with the same psychedelic edge the guys were turning out at that time.

I would've loved to see them work with curtis mayfield.

I'd go with the late great Don Davis. He became a hot commodity around the time they were on the slide commercially too. A Temptations album recorded in Detroit at United Sound and Muscle Shoals in that period, MAN!. Songs written by Tony Hester, Don, Norma Toney, Roy Moore Jr and arrangements by master Rudy Robinson. Yes Sir.

I would have liked to see an entire Temptations album produced by H-D-H. Their production of David's "Just One Last Look" on their "With A Lot Of Soul" LP was brilliant.