[REMOVE ADS]

Lalomie Washburn

Nice to find some old school singing. Noticed this as just released
    on the Dusy Groove web site.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhYW3rUoFck

Never heard of Lalomie before lakeside, but I shall check her out.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Never heard of Lalomie before lakeside, but I shall check her out.
    You really do need to check her out Tom. You have good taste and i am sure you will appreciate her great talent.

Well the name doesn't roll off the tongue very easily but that track is very well-produced and does sound like classic old school. Might have to check her out. Thanks for sharing.

Lalomie was, in addition to being a fierce vocalist in her own right, the composer of "I'm a Woman [[I'm a Backbone)" and "At Midnight [[My Love Will Lift You Up)" for Rufus featuring Chaka Khan as well as the killer sleeper album track "The Message in the Middle of the Bottom" for Chaka's first solo LP. An enormous talent gone too soon. Thanks for shouting her out, lakeside.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Lalomie was, in addition to being a fierce vocalist in her own right, the composer of "I'm a Woman [[I'm a Backbone)" and "At Midnight [[My Love Will Lift You Up)" for Rufus featuring Chaka Khan as well as the killer sleeper album track "The Message in the Middle of the Bottom" for Chaka's first solo LP. An enormous talent gone too soon. Thanks for shouting her out, lakeside.
    Thank you for that information, Sans. I was not familiar with her until I saw her CD
    on Dusty Groove. Had no idea she passed in 2004. I'm definitely getting the CD.
    http://www.soulwalking.co.uk/Lalomie%20Washburn.html

About Product Images

This image is a general representation of the item and the actual product may differ slightly in terms of color shading, logo placement, borders, or other small details. Used items may have various cosmetic differences as well.

Lalomie Washburn
    My Music Is Hot [[with bonus tracks)

CD [[Item 885554) Casablanca/Robinsongs [[UK), 1977 — Condition: New Copy

About July 15, 2018

Funky club tracks from Lalomie Washburn – a lady with some really freaky hair! The tunes are nicely laidback – mostly midtempo groovers that let Lalomie really open up on vocals, singing in a deeper soul style than most other disco divas of her time, in a manner that's even got some slight southern soul touches. Gene Page handled all the arrangements, and the album's equally appealing to soul fans as it is to dancers. Titles include "Freaky Strangeness", "Give Me Love With the Music", "What's Love", and "My Love Is Hot [[Caliente)". © 1996-2018, Dusty Groove, Inc.
    Last edited by lakeside; 07-09-2018 at 10:55 AM.

No problem, lakeside. Oh, she also co-wrote "Better Together" for Rufus & Chaka on the album Camouflage. Chaka can also been seen saluting her from the stage of her L.A. showcase for her What Cha Gonna Do for Me album [[available on DVD as Chaka Khan: The Signature Diva Live).

I discovered "Give Me Love With The Music" about 10 years ago. It is intoxicating. Can't believe it was not a hit single. I get the tingles thinking about an "Ask Rufus"-era Chaka Khan getting her hands [[and throat) on this one.