Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FV5QVHZ/?tag=imwan-21

pre-order is up!
    release is planned for sept.28,2018

[QUOTE=jack020;474256]https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FV5QVHZ/?tag=imwan-21

pre-order is up!
    release is planned for sept.28,2018[/QUOTE

Great news indeed!

Ordered on Monday and it's arrived today. Looks great - looking forward to a good listen shortly. Great work from Soul Music Records - THE place to go for Thelma's Motown output it would seem.

My copy arrived from Amazon today. Sounds great [[although Disc 1 could have been mastered a bit louder for the purpose of headphone listening on my portable CD player). Other than that, it's a very special set. It's so good to finally have all of Thelma's released Motown product on CD from the master tapes.

The booklet was an interesting read. In Thelma's closing interview comments, she tells about Berry Gordy attending one of her concerts. I won't spoil for you what happened, but it was pretty funny and left me with a smile!

My copy arrived a few days back and I've managed to play the entire collection three times so far and it has sounded better each time. Time to play it again methinks.

Thelma's recollections of working with the various producers also made interesting reading as it wasn't the usual gushing "What a privilege it was working with such a great talent and I enjoyed every second of it" type of commenting. It seems that she clashed with one of the producers, though I won't give away the "culprit", you'll have to get your own copy of this collection and read the notes for yourself!!

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    My copy arrived a few days back and I've managed to play the entire collection three times so far and it has sounded better each time. Time to play it again methinks.

Thelma's recollections of working with the various producers also made interesting reading as it wasn't the usual gushing "What a privilege it was working with such a great talent and I enjoyed every second of it" type of commenting. It seems that she clashed with one of the producers, though I won't give away the "culprit", you'll have to get your own copy of this collection and read the notes for yourself!!

Roger
    Yes I was also surprised by Thelma 's opinion of a much loved and respected producer, but I do know that this particular gentleman had personal problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWNLYNDA View Post
    Thanks, I will check them out.
    To my ears the whole "Ready To Roll" album on this CD twofer sounds like an alternate mix/master.

Ivor

Quote Originally Posted by Laserdk View Post
    To my ears the whole "Ready To Roll" album on this CD twofer sounds like an alternate mix/master.
    I noticed a difference too. After A/B listening to “Pardon Me”, “Everybody’s Got A Story”, and “Strange” from the CD vs. the record, I’m pretty sure the mixes are the same, and it is just a difference in the mastering. These songs on the CD have a brighter EQ. IMO this is an improvement, especially on “Strange”, which I always thought sounded kind of muddy on the record. Switching albums, I compared the first two tracks of “Reachin’ All Around” and found them to have a warmer/fuller sound on the CD than the record. I agree with these choices too, especially on “Reaching All Around My Love” because it fixes the sibilance/distortion on Thelma's vocal that is on the record. Cheers to remastering engineer Nick Robbins. ��

Well I need to get this CD now, mostly to just hear the gossip.

Finally got my copy, which arrived today.
    Not heard these tunes for years. Got disc one right now, sounds good.
    I find a lot of 70s 'marmite'....of it's time !! But always liked THs albums at Motown.