[REMOVE ADS]

Thelma Houston Reissues on SoulMusic.com

On the Soulmusic.com FB page David Nathan talks about a forthcoming release in September that features 4 of Thelma's albums plus 2 bonus tracks on a 2-CD set.

The titles are:-

The Devil In Me
    Ready To Roll
    Ride To The Rainbow
    Reachin' all around

https://www.facebook.com/SoulMusicRe...?fref=mentions

Wow.
    Great news. The Devil on me is a favourite of mine.
    I'll be after this CD no danger

Oooooooohhhh, great news

This is long overdue, and something to look forward to.

Definitely another one for my collection. Great work all.

I have needle drop mp3's on three of these and can't wait to get cleaned up remastered tracks. And The Devil In Me is one of my longed-for recordings! This is exciting news.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I have needle drop mp3's on three of these and can't wait to get cleaned up remastered tracks. And The Devil In Me is one of my longed-for recordings! This is exciting news.
    Same thom! I just need to have "Triflin" in CD quality!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    On the Soulmusic.com FB page David Nathan talks about a forthcoming release in September that features 4 of Thelma's albums plus 2 bonus tracks on a 2-CD set.

The titles are:-

The Devil In Me
    Ready To Roll
    Ride To The Rainbow
    Reachin' all around

Thanks for the great information. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything about this release using the URL above.

https://www.facebook.com/SoulMusicRe...?fref=mentions
    Thanks for the information! Great news. Unfortunately I see nothing about it using the link provided here.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Thanks for the information! Great news. Unfortunately I see nothing about it using the link provided here.
    Scroll down the page to the first video entry (3 times) and you will see David talking about an interview with Thelma.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    It is definitely on the way, but it may not arrive in September. These releases are often subject to delays, but it will happen and that in itself is great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It is definitely on the way, but it may not arrive in September. These releases are often subject to delays, but it will happen and that in itself is great news.
    Are you involved with the release?

I saw the thread too - and thought... wow. I will definitely be buying this one - I hope David Nathan is able to issue many more LP which so many of us will appreciate having in a quality CD.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookep...57647867767311They did such a good job on "Sunshower", Thelma's Mowest album and on "Any Way You Like It" I was expecting an "expanded" "The Devil In Me" next. Both "Ride To The Rainbow" and "The Devil In Me" have been made available on Japanese CD releases of course). But to have the remaining 2 on CD will be great.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookep...57647867767311
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 07-08-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Are you involved with the release?
    No i am not, but i do know the people that are involved with it.

[QUOTE=gordy_hunk;468356]I saw the thread too - and thought... wow. I will definitely be buying this one - I hope David Nathan is able to issue many more LP which so many of us will appreciate having in a quality CD.[/QU
    A lot will depend upon the sale of this cd. Some recent reissues have sold very poorly and if that continues they will cease to be released. It is up to us to support these releases and ensure that they continue.

This is exciting news, for sure! I have the Japanese CD release of "The Devil In Me", but I wasn't aware that "Ride To The Rainbow" had also been released on CD. It's just as well! This new 2-CD set covering Thelma's final 4 Motown albums will fill a gap in my Motown CD collection very nicely. Thanks for the heads up, booty!

Yes "Ride To The Rainbow" has been released twice (at least) on CD by Univrsal Japan. One was in a Dance Floor Fillers series with cat PCD-7256 and more recently in a general run of many Motown releases as UICY-75858. Of course it will be well worth waiting for the Soul Music foursome. Amazing how many of her tracks were not on her albums though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    No i am not, but i do know the people that are involved with it.
    Thanks.

I'll certainly pick up the set. "Reachin' All Around My Love" is a favourite from Tata Vega's final Motown album, so it will be interesting to hear Thelma's take.

It would be great if Soul Music Records gather up Gloria Gaynor's final three albums for Polydor in a similar fashion.
    Last edited by smallworld; 07-09-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Name:  CDs.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  36.5 KB
    These are the two that were issued by P-Vine in 2016
    I still have a copy of each one still sealed.

Wouldn't it be great if the bonus tracks were the two from the "Motown Sings Motown Superstars" LP that have never been released on CD - "Reach Out I'll Be There" and "I Wanna Be Where You Are".
    Name:  41986154125_b4ed454449_z.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  44.1 KB
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 07-09-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if the bonus tracks were the two from the "Motown Sings Motown Superstars" LP that have never been released on CD - "Reach Out I'll Be There" and "I Wanna Be Where You Are".
    Name:  41986154125_b4ed454449_z.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  44.1 KB
    Yes, it would be great if those are the two additional bonus tracks. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Thelma recorded those two tracks!? Why have I never heard of this!!? "I Wanna Be Where You Are" is one of my favourite songs!!!!!

Great version right here!! Cleaned up CD quality would make it even better!

I think one of the bonus tracks will be "If You Won't Let Me Walk On The Water"

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Thelma recorded those two tracks!? Why have I never heard of this!!? "I Wanna Be Where You Are" is one of my favourite songs!!!!!
    I like to bring you gifts.