[REMOVE ADS]

Royalties for Ivy Hunter?

As usual, here in the UK, there a lot of TV ads jumping on the World Cup bandwagon.
    Qatar Airways are featuring a souped up cover version of Ivy's " Dancing in the street".
    Hopefully he is entitled to royalties on this.

I hope so too snakepit

That advert is so awful by the way LOL

I mean, "Dancing In The Street" is such a fantastic song that it can't really sound bad, but the same time it's so cringey and badly done it's just awful

Is this the commercial?

Yes it is...with a few variations as well.

Just in case some may not know this, there is a Facebook group, "Ivy Jo Hunter-Yesterday's Dreams" which is very well maintained and features links to a lot of Mr. Hunter's work. What is really unique about this group is that Mr. Hunter himself will make his presence known with a comment or just an emoji to let us know he's also following. I have learned so much about him and his projects.

Thanks Jobucats, whilst not a current facebook member, would be humbled with a direct conversation with the Great Man......

Quote Originally Posted by wilxy View Post
    Thanks Jobucats, whilst not a current facebook member, would be humbled with a direct conversation with the Great Man......
    Yes, this Facebook group is administered by an avid Motown fan [[she also administers an excellent 4 Tops group).

I don't do nor undestand facebook.
    Shame really as I would love to see people converse with Ivy.

I have spoken with him, when I visited Detroit in the early nineties.
    True story...I looked through the hotel phone book and found an entry for IJ Hunter. I rang on the off chance and sure enough it was the great man.
    We had a brief chat...I remember we discussed plans to release unissued Motown on future CDs.
    Unfortunately we didn't a chance yo meet up.

Snakepit it’s really not very hard - you should try - there are Contours Marvelettes Claudette Martha Rhonda and dozens more and none of the shenanigans you don’t like; worth following up I think

Thanks jobeterob.
    I understand your point...and so many members of forums seem to spend their time on there.
    I know when I was struggling to attract listeners to my radio show, I was told to use these groups.
    Not sure I have the enthusiasm any more but we'll see.
    Thanks again.

I know what you mean

I think Midnite Johnny is all moved over to Facebook

Your idea for the separate forum seems to have been reasonably successful

It appear to be working well and hopefully DRATS fans are happy to see a full forum which grows.
    Already the Motown forum is showing promising signs of activity on other artists and some fresh posters.