[REMOVE ADS]

Songs/Albums You Wished Certain Supremes Recorded

Diana Ross is my favorite vocalist, but another I like very well is Melissa Manchester, who penned her song Come in from the Rain. Ms. Manchester's 1985 album Mathematics is by far my favorite of her works. I could see Ms. Ross doing it. Perhaps it could have been her 1986 album. My favorite track is The Dream, penned and produced by George Duke. Just One Lifetime is a beautiful ballad I could see her doing. Energy was the main release and could have been a dance hit for her. I will post links for all the songs. What songs do you have in mind for our Supreme women?

This should be in the separate DRATS forum!

Oops. Could an admin move this thread, please?

I always enjoy when Diana performs Stevie Wonder's material, particularly BLAME IT ON THE SUN and RIBBON IN THE SKY.

A DIANA SINGS STEVIE album would be pleasing to me.

i wonder what would have happened had the Mary/scherrie/susaye lineup had stayed on. i love their HDH work on the last two albums. but what about them doing You Can't Turn Me Off. or what if Rick James had done some work with them? maybe not exactly In My House like the Mary Jane Girls did but something similar. something to move them out of their prim and proper persona

I always wanted Mary to record "Drive". I think it would have suited her voice.

"I Always Get Caught In The Rain" originally recorded by Dionne Warwick would have been an absolutely perfect song for Mary to record during the Holland Brothers return for High Energy.

"We're Almost There" - I could totally hear Scherrie giving her own spin on this Michael Jackson classic. Would have been perfect on High Energy.

"I'm Ready For Love" - This would have been a perfect follow-up to "You Can't Hurry Love." It's a shame HDH didn't cut a version for the girls.

I know people complained about the MOR material the group recorded in the 60's, but I would have loved to have heard DMC record bossa-nova inspired tracks. Cover some Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 tracks... "Like A Lover," "Pretty World," or "For Me."

There was talk of the Supremes having an album written and produced by Bacharach & David in the 60's at one time. May have been fun to hear them do tracks from their catalog like "Looking With My Eyes" or from their Promises, Promises musical.

I can totally hear JMC singing some Laura Nyro songs. Jean would have worked wonders on "Once It Was Alright [[Farmer Joe)," "California Shoeshine Boys," or "Blackpatch."

Other songs I wish they cut:
    "[[You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman"
    "How Can I Be Sure"
    "Nobody Knows What's Going On In My Mind But Me"
    "Little Girls Grow Up"
    "Born To Be Together"

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i wonder what would have happened had the Mary/scherrie/susaye lineup had stayed on. i love their HDH work on the last two albums. but what about them doing You Can't Turn Me Off. or what if Rick James had done some work with them? maybe not exactly In My House like the Mary Jane Girls did but something similar. something to move them out of their prim and proper persona
    I would be interested to hear what Diana would have done with "You Can't Turn Me Off...". Wasn't it assigned to her at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Mary, Scherrie, and Susaye would have slayed that song. A great follow up to "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking."

I would have liked to hear JML record "The Girls' Song" and "MacArthur Park" for the Jimmy Webb album. It also would have been cool to hear Lynda sing "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" in their live show in lieu of "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You." As always, so many "what if's."

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I always enjoy when Diana performs Stevie Wonder's material, particularly BLAME IT ON THE SUN and RIBBON IN THE SKY.

A DIANA SINGS STEVIE album would be pleasing to me.
    I agree with the Diana Sings Stevie album idea. I'd love to hear her sing You And I from Talking Book.

"Jimmy Mack" with Flo on lead.
    I also think "Love Is Here" should have been a duet between Diana and Flo.
    I wish Mary did something along the lines of Lady Sings the Blues.

I think if they had tried more to promote Bad Weather in their shows as a Stevie song it might have done better. Maybe they should have followed it by singing a medley of his tunes. Love idea of Lynda singing Signed