[REMOVE ADS]

History Channel show 7/1 - Detroit Comeback City

I may be the only forum member who watched the show on Sunday. I had hoped there would be comments from others who also watched it.

Overall, it was in my opinion an excellent show, however, coverage of Motown was too insignificant for the amount of time they spoke of Motown. I was surprised to see Smokey Robinson speaking several times. I hardly recognized him as he is looking much different today than I am accustomed to. I had expected to see Martha Reeves doing the speaking that he did.

The highlight of the show was the footage they showed of Martha & the Vandellas at the Ford Factory with the Mustangs they were promoting. I was also a little disappointed not to see mention of the upcoming Motown Museum expansion.

Did anyone else see it and have any reactions different than me? There were far too many commercials in it [[sometimes 5 in a row) but I did read where the hour presentation was to consist of 45 minutes covering Detroit geared primarily towards the Michigan Central passenger station renewal and 15 minutes commercials. I suspect the 15 minutes aggregated longer for one reason the entire show ran over the hour by 2 minutes.

I didn't get to see it unfortunately. I hope someone uploads it to the internet.