[REMOVE ADS]

Soul and Motown show

Try this 2 hour programme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00dttp3

The second record is the BEST!

...........so you better take heed.....and listen to me....you better play hard to get...or you're gonna regret.... the day you were born girl..when he leaves you alone girl..good guys are liking finding a [[needle in a haystack).....oh girls, its like finding a [[needle in a haystack)...you better listen to me girls

thanks xtown, imagine listening to BBC here in Canada.

Lorne

Thanks very much for the link, John, pleasant musical surprise after a hectic day.
    I'm listening right now to the very first record: Kim Weston's TakeMeInYourArms. Furious music, it's 2:30 AM on a quiet Saturday morning here in my city of Almere in Holland... I have turned up the volume... it might get a little late before I go to bed this night.

But I'm more than satisfied with what is happening in Egypt. Down with dictators [[wherever they are)! I was there only two weeks before the people stood up for their rights. I feel for them.
    GoingToAGoGo!

Lorne

The progress that they have made over the years makes me think, one day we'll all be able to listen to what each of us is playing at home, wherever we are! But I still have to kick myself when I see the wealth of videos of original Motown artists on youtube that I had never seen before.

That DJ Jenny Wilkes...bless her....but she can talk the hinds leg off a donkey! LOL
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 02-12-2011 at 07:29 AM.

...I am now hearing Honey Cone. Wonderful!

"......Now I see you're never really cared, life is wonderful, when love is shared....the day that I lost you..was the day I found myself....
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 02-12-2011 at 07:30 AM.

I liked the third song the best: "Back In My Arms Again"!

I listened to the full two hours last night while I played Free Cell on the computer. Several surprises and some new songs for me. I especially loved the traffic reports!

Thanks, John, for this link. Everyone should listen to this great show.

John

There are lots of plugs for music nights out....a real community type thing.

The programme acknowledged one guy in Alabama...so it certainly reaches a whole lot of people.

I have to say that the DJ's enthusiasm is typical of how us Brits feel about the music.

Glad you liked it though John. Of course, we know that our dear Midnight Johnny does a superb community radio show too.