[REMOVE ADS]

Candi Staton's NEW SONG!

I just found out that Candi Staton has released a new song by the name of "Confidence"... from her upcoming album Unstoppable... it's very funky, and I love it!!!

Wish some of these whippersnappers out there today knew that THIS is the way to make music. Thanks for sharing!

I really like the song, but the one thing that kills it for me is the sound quality. The EQ is strange, and I don't like the sound of the drums at all. It sounds like a veil is over the sound.

I wish someone could go back to making recordings the way they did in the 70s.

Yeah, I can see the majority of the eyes here rolling, but sound quality matters.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Wish some of these whippersnappers out there today knew that THIS is the way to make music. Thanks for sharing!

But, it doesn't appeal to them. They are too used to sound made in the computer, having everything sound like it should be played in a nightclub, and having rapping on it.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-24-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Candi does Mavis. Both in vocal style and song theme.

REEEESPECT YOURSELF!!!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-25-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks, Tom! Here's more news about the release from Rolling Stone -

https://www.rollingstone.com/country...idence-w521889

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Yo' welcome david! Glad you enjoyed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I really like the song, but the one thing that kills it for me is the sound quality. The EQ is strange, and I don't like the sound of the drums at all. It sounds like a veil is over the sound.

I wish someone could go back to making recordings the way they did in the 70s.

Yeah, I can see the majority of the eyes here rolling, but sound quality matters.
    I can understand where you're coming from soulster. Sound quality is important to me but as long as it isn't totally dreadful [[to the point ruining of the song) I don't mind. I think the sound quality on this one is decent.

The song quality, however, is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    But, it doesn't appeal to them. They are too used to sound made in the computer, having everything sound like it should be played in a nightclub, and having rapping on it.
    Now this I can't really disagree with. Except maybe that it appeals to at least one young whippersnapper I know.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 06-25-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Candi does Mavis. Both in vocal style and song theme.

REEEESPECT YOURSELF!!!
    Yes you're right boogie!!! Very much so!! Love it

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Thanks, Tom! Here's more news about the release from Rolling Stone -

https://www.rollingstone.com/country...idence-w521889
    Welcome PNH! Great lil article too. I downloaded Candi's Life Happens album yesterday as well and have liked it so far. Nice, retro and soulful.