[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Princess Pence

Princess Pence

Columbus, Ohio had a big, old dance party for Mike Pence. You go Columbus!

LOL. Members of the LGBTQ community had a huge dance party outside the hotel where he was speaking. You know he hated that. Well, he hates anything that isn't orange or his idea of what a "Christian" is, but you get my point.

http://radio.wosu.org/post/columbus-...party#stream/0
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 06-23-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    LOL. Members of the LGBTQ community had a huge dance party outside the hotel where he was speaking. You know he hated that. Well, he hates anything that isn't orange or his idea of what a "Christian" is, but you get my point.

http://radio.wosu.org/post/columbus-...party#stream/0
    Thanks, Jerry. I read around 700,000 plus turned out for the Columbus Pride Parade.
    I was hoping they'd all show up at Pence's speech and give him the sort of welcome
    he 'deserves'!

Anybody whos as homophobic as Pence is probably a real big closet case.

IMO It doesnt matter who you love or how you love. It only matters that you love. ❤️

Jesus was essentially raised by 2 dads and he ultimately saved the world is my personall beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Thanks, Jerry. I read around 700,000 plus turned out for the Columbus Pride Parade.
    I was hoping they'd all show up at Pence's speech and give him the sort of welcome
    he 'deserves'!
    That sounds like a lot... We have a huge July 4th display and it's not that many, Lakeside. I'm thinking there might be an extra 0 there, which would still be a lot [[70,000). It gets bigger every year. We don't even have protesters anymore.

What's kind of funny about that is some country church protested about ten years ago. A strip club didn't take kindly to it so they took several strippers to the church the following Sunday and they protested topless on the street. It's not illegal for women to be topless in public in Ohio. To my knowledge, the church never returned to the Pridefest or the parade.

https://www.experiencecolumbus.com/e...estival/48175/
    Last years Pride was attended by around 500,000 per article. This year was over
    700,000. Having Princess Pence in town was just an added bonus! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Anybody whos as homophobic as Pence is probably a real big closet case.

IMO It doesnt matter who you love or how you love. It only matters that you love. ❤️

Jesus was essentially raised by 2 dads and he ultimately saved the world is my personall beliefs.
    Yes, I think Pence has something 'real special' in his closet! Anyone who
    makes as much noise as he does is pretty threatened. As Shakespeare
    stated so eloquently in Hamlet.....'I think the lady doth protest too loudly'.

Yes, I think Pence has something 'real special' in his closet! Anyone who
    makes as much noise as he does is pretty threatened. As Shakespeare
    stated so eloquently in Hamlet.....'I think the lady doth protest too loudly'.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL I think this lady [[Pence) doth protest too loudly.

https://www.experiencecolumbus.com/e...estival/48175/
    Last years Pride was attended by around 500,000 per article. This year was over
    700,000. Having Princess Pence in town was just an added bonus! LOL!
    Wow! I stand corrected. Definitely didn't notice any traffic disruptions or service alterations. That's very impressive. I'm not an attendee, so I based my lowball number on guess work. The stretch between Pride Fest and the State Fair is a busy time around here.

Jerry, do you remember when One Nation restaurant opened downtown? I was there
    when it first opened [[late 70's-eary 80's?). When I was first there I remember a
    gravel parking lot! I believe it closed a number of years ago. Do you know if another
    restaurant went in there? Great views of the city.
    Last edited by lakeside; 06-25-2018 at 10:35 AM.

I remember when it opened. It was one of the most exclusive restaurants in the city for at least a year. I don't think there's a restaurant there now because the area is awash with great restaurants. I would never open a high class restaurant in Columbus because there's just so much competition now. There are a few downtown but several others that are constantly trending right across the street in the Arena District and half a dozen in the Short North Gallery District which is about a mile north. Do you remember the Confluence Park restaurant? It was kind of swanky and took a lot of the business that One Nation used to receive but I think that it's also out of business now.

Yes, with the Arena District and Short North minutes away...there would be some serious competition. No, I don't remember Confluence Park restaurant. I was probably gone by the time it was around? I left in the mid-80's, so, it's another world down there! I remember the Wine Cellar on 161, Kahiki on East Broad, The Hai Lai [[I know I misspelled that one!) and used to go to Schmidt's in German Village which I know is still there. Lots of new restaurants down in that area in the Brewery District. As I said, so much has changed since I lived there. I. Feel. Old.

Were you referring to the Boat House at Confluence Park? I was never there.
    https://www.boathouserestaurantoh.com/
    Last edited by lakeside; 06-25-2018 at 05:21 PM.

The Jai Lai, Wine Cellar and Kahiki are gone. Schmidt's is never going away and holding on strong amid heavy competition in the Brewery District [[never thought about how many recreational 'areas' and 'districts' we have until this convo). I just checked and yes, the Boat House is the most recent iteration of the Confluence Park restaurant. It's located where the Olentangy and Scioto rivers merge just north of downtown. And yeah, things are changing fast here. There are suburbs that are almost self-contained with everything anybody could want, where kids can grow up and live a full life without ever leaving their city limits. When I grew up, we had to catch the bus or flag a ride to find a shopping center or movie theater and these kids can walk to both from their high schools.

[[LOL @ "these kids". I guess I'm old as well.)

I'm older than you, Jerry....so, don't feel too bad. I even remember the Clock Restaurant downtown! How bad is that! I also remember going to concerts at the auditorium on W. Broad St. I can't remember the name of it, now. Was that Mershon? I know it's gone, too. Mt. Carmel Hospital is moving to Grove City, though, the College of Nursing remains. I know Dublin has exploded and 23 going north out of Worthington
    to Powell and Lewis Center is booming [[and traffic is crazy). I almost met my maker
    turning off of I-270 onto 23 N! I still miss Columbus after all these years....crazy traffic and all.

I remember the Clock Restaurant. And the Neil House [[a door in my condo was auctioned from the Neil House after it was torn down). The West Broad Street auditorium was Vets Memorial, which just received a massive facelift. Mershon is on Ohio State's campus. Dublin, Worthington and Upper Arlington are great places to raise families. Actually, most of Columbus is these days. Delaware is the fastest growing area of the state right now. I didn't know how much I cared for this place until I moved away. It has warts, but I'm not turning down a date with Beyonce because she has a pimple on her nose.

That's it....Vets Memorial. I remember the Neil House, too. I loved Lazarus downtown
    [[remember when they always had their front entryway open, even in winter and it'd blow hot air up from a grate). I wasn't aware Delaware was growing that fast. I used to go to Chef-o-Nette diner in Upper Arlington. Do you remember Reeb's on E. Livingston Ave.? I used to go there a lot. When I was in college, there was always the Blue Danube on N. High St. after the bars closed. Read recently it closed. An institution at OSU. Is Magnolia Thunderpussy [[record store) still around? I lived at Little Turtle condo's in Westerville the last 8 years I lived in Columbus. And, the years march on!
    Last edited by lakeside; 06-25-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Reeb's has been gone for about a decade. That air curtain at Lazarus is one of my fond memories as a child. They were probably the last one to have an elevator attendant [[for only four floors) in Columbus, too. I haven't been on campus for a few years, so I don't know if Magnolia's is still around. Marv and I have discussed our old campus haunts. Magnolia Thunderpussy, Moes and Singing Dog were great record stores. The kids would resell their records to them and I bought regional records from all over the country for a buck or two a pop. I'd buy between two and seven records every payday.

The campus and North High bars and clubs were fantastic. I used to go to the Newport a lot when I was in school. Those clubs had great live music when the scene was trying to figure itself out. Now, this place is full of any kind of live music you want to hear. Most don't realize that we're now the largest city in Ohio and the second largest metro. We've got all of the benefits and problems that you'd expect from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I don't know, Roberta, i've seen some of those "My Strange Addiction" episodes...�� I saw one where some dude has sex with his car.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I don't know, Roberta, i've seen some of those "My Strange Addiction" episodes...�� I saw one where some dude has sex with his car.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Gives the term 'oil and lube job' a whole new meaning!

Gives the term 'oil and lube job' a whole new meaning!

I remember the Clock Restaurant. And the Neil House [[a door in my condo was auctioned from the Neil House after it was torn down). The West Broad Street auditorium was Vets Memorial, which just received a massive facelift. Mershon is on Ohio State's campus. Dublin, Worthington and Upper Arlington are great places to raise families. Actually, most of Columbus is these days. Delaware is the fastest growing area of the state right now. I didn't know how much I cared for this place until I moved away. It has warts, but I'm not turning down a date with Beyonce because she has a pimple on her nose.
    http://www.dispatch.com/entertainmen...housing-market
    You're in a good place, Jerry. Columbus is going great guns in the real estate market!

And....Pence said...…

And....Pence said...…
    As a Christian, it pisses me off when fundamentalists take a verse out of context in order to support their unGodly views. Usually, all it takes is to read five verses before or after the one they quote to find out that the speaker/writer was making the exact opposite point that the holy bullshitters are making.

As a Christian, it pisses me off when fundamentalists take a verse out of context in order to support their unGodly views. Usually, all it takes is to read five verses before or after the one they quote to find out that the speaker/writer was making the exact opposite point that the holy bullshitters are making.
    You summed that up beautifully, Jerry. How right you are!