[REMOVE ADS]

Motown /HDH sued over "Baby Love" copyright.

https://narations.blogs.archives.gov...as-not-afraid/

I have not heard of this before.
    You may find it interesting.

Thank you, snakebit. That was indeed very interesting. I am also a composer and one of my biggest fears is that I might be merely re-creating a part of a melody or chord pattern in my compositions. There are two school of thoughts I've come up with:
    1. Continue with my idea and then allow close friends to listen to it
    2. Continue with my idea yet manipulate it slightly. Often this can be done by changing the rhythmic pattern [[for example: instead of 2 quarter notes, change it to a dotted quarter and an eighth note) OR using that cool chord progression but altering one of the chords

Thanks for the article

No problem.
    I am totally ignorant of musical theory....perhaps that is why I love to listen

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Thank you, snakebit. That was indeed very interesting. I am also a composer and one of my biggest fears is that I might be merely re-creating a part of a melody or chord pattern in my compositions. There are two school of thoughts I've come up with:
    1. Continue with my idea and then allow close friends to listen to it
    2. Continue with my idea yet manipulate it slightly. Often this can be done by changing the rhythmic pattern [[for example: instead of 2 quarter notes, change it to a dotted quarter and an eighth note) OR using that cool chord progression but altering one of the chords

Thanks for the article
    I hated music theory, but remember a little about sight-reading from grade school. Option #2 sounds like an idea.

Thanks for finding this; makes sense; much more sense than some of the nonsense that goes on these days.

I had no idea about this too. Interesting. Thanks snakepit. I shall have to find Lorenzo Pack's "I'm Afraid" and listen myself...

edit: I can't find the song to listen to online, nor much information about it, I guess because it was never released!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 06-19-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Here's the song's entry in a catalog of copyright entries: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...afraid&f=false

Hmm, interesting lawsuit...

Ummm ... now?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Ummm ... now?
    Nah, from the '60s.