[REMOVE ADS]

The Spinners: Unsung [Television Episode - 2011]

Nice tribute to a great group.
    Saw them appear with the Four Tops [[1975 I think) and they stole the show, they were brilliant.
    Somebody bought me "Pick of the litter" for my 21st birthday, a brand new factory sealed copy.
    When I put on at my party, we were pretty pissed off to find that the disc was actually Johnnie Ray!!

"It's a Shame" was the first record [[G.C.) was on and the last one."

OUCH. I know he was on more than one single, wasn't he?! Lol

The Spinners were/are great.

They are far from Unsung

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post

They are far from Unsung

edafan
    They should've had a Behind the Music episode...

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post

They are far from Unsung

edafan
    They were probably the most popular R&B music group of the 70s. I saw them several times in those years and they were AWESOME! I last saw them in 2011 and they still put n a great show with the newer guys.

I remember seeing The Spinners' Unsung episode when it first was aired 7 years ago and it's still one of my favorites from the series.

I had the good luck to see The Spinners live during August of 1967, at the Expo Theatre in Montreal, Canada, as the opening act for the newly renamed Diana Ross & The Supremes. They put on a great show, preforming some of their Motown singles, plus performing a fun sendup of their label mates hits in a medley form, paying tribute to The Marvelettes, Temptations, Supremes and Stevie Wonder.

Wow Mark. I first saw the Spinners live in 1974 then again in '75, '76,' 77 ,'82 and 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They were probably the most popular R&B music group of the 70s. I saw them several times in those years and they were AWESOME! I last saw them in 2011 and they still put n a great show with the newer guys.
    They were one of my favorites too, along with the Dramatics.

What a shame that they are thought to be unsung

Once the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's tired a$$ gets them in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, they won't be "unsung" anymore. There's still hope that Henry Fambrough will live long enough to see himself and his best friends in the Spinners inducted.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Once the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's tired a$$ gets them in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, they won't be "unsung" anymore. There's still hope that Henry Fambrough will live long enough to see himself and his best friends in the Spinners inducted.
    For anyone that was in high school or college in the 70s, they are definitely not "unsung". I really don't even know what that means LOL! I mean they did an episode on James Brown and he also a Worldwide music icon.

The program used the Spinners to draw more viewers and increase ratings.

They did the same to Bobby Bland, B.B. King and Isaac Hayes. I wouldn't consider the Bar Kays to be Unsung either. Just bizarre choices. If TV One wanted to have their own Behind the Music documentaries on black music legends, don't call it Unsung!