[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 34 of 34
  1. #1

    Temps would've done a GREAT job if they covered...



    Imagine Dennis Edwards taking the lead vocal chores and Damon Harris prominently in the background. And the production would have suited Norman well.
    Last edited by lockhartgary; 06-17-2018 at 10:57 AM.

  2. #2
    "More Than A Woman" originally done by Tavares and also the Bee Gees.

  3. #3
    "Breakin' Down The Walls Of Heartache" - Johnny Johnson / Bandwagon.

  4. #4
    Anything and everything by Rose Royce.

  5. #5
    I really can hear an Eddie Kendricks led Temptations covering Stevie’s « Castles in the Sand ».

    Probably an odd thought though...

    JB

  6. #6
    "It's You That I Need" originally by Enchantment

  7. #7
    Had Ricky Owens not stunk up his first show and made it into the studio, the Temptations could of cut a sublime version of “Misty” with him reprising the lead he had on the Vibrations rendition!

  8. #8
    Here's one I would have love to have had them cover that many would not think of. "The Look of Love" by ABC. I can here Ali Ollie Woodson doing the lead on that one.

  9. #9
    With Eddie on lead...


  10. #10
    I've said for years that the temps would've killed the drifters[please stay]with blue opening-don't go please stay and then david taking over.

  11. #11
    Oh and a few more that come to mind..how bout the artistics gem[i'm gonna miss you]or the dramatics classic[i cried all the way home]and wouldn't the classic temp have fun on a multi-lead[girls]the moments classic.

  12. #12
    I think (Come Round here) I'm The One You Need would have been great with David Ruffin on lead vocals.

  13. #13
    What about the classic five doing the Dells' original version of "Stay In My Corner", with either Paul or David trading off with Eddie?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    What about the classic five doing the Dells' original version of "Stay In My Corner", with either Paul or David trading off with Eddie?
    Oooh...I am salivating at the thought! And I think an argument can be made for "The Love We Had Stays on My Mind"!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Oooh...I am salivating at the thought! And I think an argument can be made for "The Love We Had Stays on My Mind"!
    Oh yeah. I could hear Dennis killin that.

  16. #16
    Speaking of the Dells, Dennis and Melvin could of done a superb remake of “I Can Sing a Rainbow! I can also hear Paul Williams tackling Walter Jackson ‘s “It’s an Uphill Climb to the Bottom” as well!

  17. #17
    With or without the Tempts, Ruffin would have nailed this song!



  18. #18
    "I wonder where we're going" originally done by The Supremes and The Four Tops. The Tempts with Paul Williams singing the lead would have been great on this!

  19. #19
    "Don't Burn No Bridges" by Jackie Wilson & The Chi-Lites

  20. #20
    This is a fun topic-how bout otis taking a lead on the great flamingos classic[i only have eyes for you]or richard taking a turn with[let's stay together]and the fellas would've had a ball treading off leads with the five royales gem[school girl]and dennis would've nailed[in the midnight hour]and i can hear eddie's killer lead on the drifters[let the boogie woogie roll].

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    This is a fun topic-how bout otis taking a lead on the great flamingos classic[i only have eyes for you]or richard taking a turn with[let's stay together]and the fellas would've had a ball treading off leads with the five royales gem[school girl]and dennis would've nailed[in the midnight hour]and i can hear eddie's killer lead on the drifters[let the boogie woogie roll].
    Imagine if the "Classic Five" and/or the early Dennis-led group would have done a fifties tribute album. That would have been killer!

  22. #22
    Oh man,that lp would still be selling.

  23. #23
    How bout richard in front on gene chandler's[duke of earl]or paul laying it down on archie bell's[love's gonna rain on you].

  24. #24
    A perfect song for the Temptations with Glen Leonard and Louis Price leading....."It's You That I Need" by Enchantment!

  25. #25
    Or glen killing em with a sweet lead-tears[force md's].

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Or glen killing em with a sweet lead-tears[force md's].


    Good one! How Dennis leading on the Spinners "Love Don't Love Nobody" let him cut loose on the ad libs......whew!

  27. #27
    Similar to the Ricky Owens idea and a more recent missed opportunity! GC Cameron recreating It’s A Shame with the Temptations for their “Reflections” cover album!

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    What about the classic five doing the Dells' original version of "Stay In My Corner", with either Paul or David trading off with Eddie?
    I can just see Ruff holding that note Marvin Junior did...

    I'd go with Gloria in '70s era Temptations, maybe when they were in Atlantic, could've helped them survive that bitter late '70s post Motown period.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I can just see Ruff holding that note Marvin Junior did...

    I'd go with Gloria in '70s era Temptations, maybe when they were in Atlantic, could've helped them survive that bitter late '70s post Motown period.
    They would have also killed "Where Do We Go From Here."

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post


    Imagine Dennis Edwards taking the lead vocal chores and Damon Harris prominently in the background. And the production would have suited Norman well.
    This sounds like something straight out of Sky's The Limit production-wise... especially the strings and horns... if only it had The Tempts' vocals on it

    Still a great song of course

  31. #31
    I can just hear paul leading a killer version of[chuck jackson's]i wake up crying.

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I can just hear paul leading a killer version of[chuck jackson's]i wake up crying.
    OOOHHH...now that's a good one!! Paul would have also done magnificently on "I Don't Want to Cry", my favorite Chuck Jackson song.

    Another one: "Are You Lonely For Me" by Freddie Scott. Paul would have nailed it, too.

  33. #33
    I don't know if they could have done it, but it would have been interesting to have the Tempts tackle Terry Huff & Special Delivery's "I Destroyed Your Love".

  34. #34
    Hey marv,they would've nailed it,but with all respect to eddie,glenn's voice may have been better suited for that one.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.