[REMOVE ADS]

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest

Any other writers on here?

Hi everyone, I just want to say I am writing two books atm [[and when I say writing these are the two I am focusing on, my usual problem is I write a bunch of things at once but never actually finish them). One is going to be about the life of Florence Ballard [[currently doing as much research as I can for it) and it felt natural to write my own memoirs of the worst period of my life, as.... I guess one of the reasons I cried so much reading The Lost Supreme was because I could personally relate to a lot of the horrors Florence went through, all to well.... sometimes I had to put the book down because some parts of it hit well too close to home. A few years ago when I watched a biography about her, I cried and I cried and I cried, because so many parts, I felt as if it was her heart beating in my chest, because I could relate to parts of it so painfully well. And I cried because it made me feel so sad that someone I adore and admire as much as Florence went through them too, and in many cases even worse, because at least I didn't have three small children to worry about as my world was ripped apart at the seams.

So as I started writing my book, it felt natural to write my own concurrently: I keep a diary of sorts, which mainly consists of me putting my private thoughts down on paper in the form of drawings, comics, poems, song lyrics and short stories, so I have plenty of fresh material for my own book. Many of these creative outpourings are directly inspired by Flo and the Supremes.

I would like to know, have any of you written or anything, or write as a hobby? I think writing is probably the thing I am best at, and its always been my talisman when people put me down or attack me or try to physically/emotionally/sexually hurt me, as quite a few people have done over the years, or helps me crystallise my feelings about matters I feel passionately about and the injustice I see in the world. They say the pen is mightier then the sword, but I think art in general is like a syringe, in the way it can bypass so many defences and inject a healing dose of the truth into the heart of a bad matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppelia-Birdsong View Post
    Hi everyone, I just want to say I am writing two books atm [[and when I say writing these are the two I am focusing on, my usual problem is I write a bunch of things at once but never actually finish them). One is going to be about the life of Florence Ballard [[currently doing as much research as I can for it) and it felt natural to write my own memoirs of the worst period of my life, as.... I guess one of the reasons I cried so much reading The Lost Supreme was because I could personally relate to a lot of the horrors Florence went through, all to well.... sometimes I had to put the book down because some parts of it hit well too close to home. A few years ago when I watched a biography about her, I cried and I cried and I cried, because so many parts, I felt as if it was her heart beating in my chest, because I could relate to parts of it so painfully well. And I cried because it made me feel so sad that someone I adore and admire as much as Florence went through them too, and in many cases even worse, because at least I didn't have three small children to worry about as my world was ripped apart at the seams.

So as I started writing my book, it felt natural to write my own concurrently: I keep a diary of sorts, which mainly consists of me putting my private thoughts down on paper in the form of drawings, comics, poems, song lyrics and short stories, so I have plenty of fresh material for my own book. Many of these creative outpourings are directly inspired by Flo and the Supremes.

I would like to know, have any of you written or anything, or write as a hobby? I think writing is probably the thing I am best at, and its always been my talisman when people put me down or attack me or try to physically/emotionally/sexually hurt me, as quite a few people have done over the years, or helps me crystallise my feelings about matters I feel passionately about and the injustice I see in the world. They say the pen is mightier then the sword, but I think art in general is like a syringe, in the way it can bypass so many defences and inject a healing dose of the truth into the heart of a bad matter.
    I write for a hobby. My first "tome" was based on West Side Story. [[the movie, not play) Only difference was I Incorporated my own life experience coming of age in The Bronx. And have been penning short stories, comic storylines, poetry, songs, and pop culture ramblings ever since! [[70's) Nothing published. However, came close, in high school. Some close buddies and I created a whole heroverse populated with are own characters! A popular tv show, back then, Kidsworld, came to our school and filmed an interview with us! Needless to say, though, it ended up on the cutting room floor. After our initial hard feelings, we got back at it! Since we had our own comics group line, we sold "titles" to friends! Which emboldened us to write Marvel & DC!! Of course we got the standard boilerplate response:" Don't except outside work...will not be returned.." Shot down again!! So we were forced to swallow or pride. Moving forward, by the time senior high got near, we abandoned the colored pencils for good. Boy! The joys of youth, huh?!
    Which is why I enjoy the interaction on SDF. It indulges my love of writing, music, and pop culture. And haven't drawn anything for ages.