[REMOVE ADS]

Album Reviews: Lamont Dozier- Reimagination

I was hoping to see Lamont last Friday, promoting this album, but he cancelled his tour. It is due to take place next February.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I was hoping to see Lamont last Friday, promoting this album, but he cancelled his tour. It is due to take place next February.
    I hope he is alright. I would like to see him out on his tour also.

The reason given was illness... Weeks ago in fact.
    To be honest, the album project is not for me but I will go to see him anyway.

The reason given was illness... Weeks ago in fact.
    To be honest, the album project is not for me but I will go to see him anyway.
    Same here. I would go see him and try to get him to do one of his classic solos from the 70s LOL!

A lot of UK fans are disappointed about this..they want to pay tribute to the great man, but would like to hear his Invictus/ABC/WB material. Rehashing old hits will not work for many.
    But...it's Lamont Dozier and this may be the only chance to see him live.

A lot of UK fans are disappointed about this..they want to pay tribute to the great man, but would like to hear his Invictus/ABC/WB material. Rehashing old hits will not work for many.
    But...it's Lamont Dozier and this may be the only chance to see him live.
    I know exactly how they feel. I always liked his solo material from the 70s, "Trying to Hold On", "Fish Ain't Bitin'", "Going Back to My Roots", etc ,etc but at that time I don't recall him touring in the mid 70s. I only got to see Lamont once at some social gathering in Detroit back in the late 80s.

I met his [[first?) wife at Hitsville... She was working there at the time.

Thanks marv, an interesting, and actually very positive review. I haven't been totally sold on the idea of the album but I do intend to check it out. This guy really seems to like it, but apparently he had a dislike for Motown and hated the original version of "Where Did Our Love Go", so that renders his opinion totally valueless.