[REMOVE ADS]

The Legends Of Motown: The Temptations, The Four Tops wsg The Stylistics

I agree. I think it's great to see the Stylistics are still out there performing and they added them to the line-up. I feel like they are so unrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I agree. I think it's great to see the Stylistics are still out there performing and they added them to the line-up. I feel like they are so unrated.
    True. I saw Russell and the Stylistics about 2 years ago and they were excellent!

Looks like this is the lineup of the Stylistics. They sound great!

No Russell [['sup, ratjr), no Stylistics lol

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Looks like this is the lineup of the Stylistics. They sound great!
    That's Aaron's group.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    No Russell [['sup, ratjr), no Stylistics lol
    LOL. And where do they get being billed legends of Motown. Werent the Stylistics from Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    LOL. And where do they get being billed legends of Motown. Werent the Stylistics from Philly?
    Yes, the Stylistics are from Philly.
    There were conversations on this forum [[IIRC) where people stated that some people lumped all Black music from the 60s and 70s as "Motown". Wonder if this is one of those cases?

Yes, the Stylistics are from Philly.
    There were conversations on this forum [[IIRC) where people stated that some people lumped all Black music from the 60s and 70s as "Motown". Wonder if this is one of those cases?
    Lockhartgary, the billing of this show is "The Legends Of Motown: The Temptations, The Four Tops Wsg [[With Special Guests) The Stylistics". They are not calling the Stylistics "Motown Legends" The article is from The Michigan Chronicle. It is the local paper for the black community of Detroit that everyone from Motown that grew up in Detroit grew up reading and that includes the majority of their staff. They know.........

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Lockhartgary, the billing of this show is "The Legends Of Motown: The Temptations, The Four Tops Wsg [[With Special Guests) The Stylistics". They are not calling the Stylistics "Motown Legends" The article is from The Michigan Chronicle. It is the local paper for the black community of Detroit that everyone from Motown that grew up in Detroit grew up reading and that includes the majority of their staff. They know.........
    That makes perfect sense. Thanks, Marv.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks, Marv.
    You are most welcome Lockhartgary!

Special guests...

Jesus...

You think for a group that paved the way for the Philly Sound would be headliners on their own tour?

But like I said, looks like a Russell Thompson, Jr.-sans Stylistics group so it might include SOME of the original members [[don't know if they're still all alive). I hope they're on an episode of Unsung so we can find out!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Special guests...
    But like I said, looks like a Russell Thompson, Jr.-sans Stylistics group so it might include SOME of the original members [[don't know if they're still all alive). I hope they're on an episode of Unsung so we can find out!
    2 of the guys from the current touring group are original members: Airrion Love and Herbie Murrell