[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    It’s up to number 6 this week

Now it’s #3!

It'll go to 1

it may be going to #3, but Billboard still has the same chart posted at the moment where she is #6 with a bullet as they say..unless someone has advance info..stay tuned..regardless shes moving in the top ten right now which is ultra fab enough..

People do get advance charts

You're almost there, Diana! Push just a little harder....!

FINALLY, here's the new chart...
    https://www.billboard.com/charts/dance-club-play-songs
    YES! #3 with a bullet!! you go, girl!! #1 in sight..

It's also the biggest gainer on the chart!

great year for our girl on Billboard; Diamond Diana was a hit..already one chart topper on the Dance/Club chart with ANMHE, and now another potential #1..and she didn't even need to go anywhere near a studio or mic!

So once the song gets #1, how many #1's will that be for Diana?

It will be part of this new CD which is available to pre-order on AMAZON

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  67.9 KB

The fourth collection of party anthems from the NOW brand is here! This collection of songs is guaranteed to get your party started! NOW Party Anthems, Vol. 4 includes eighteen hot tracks from artists including Camila Cabello Feat. Young Thug, Demi Lovato, Maroon 5 Feat. SZA, Migos, Khalid, The Chainsmokers, Post Malone Feat. 21 Savage, Imagine Dragons and many others!

Track Listings
    Disc: 1
    1. Havana - Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug
    2. What Lovers Do - Maroon 5 feat. SZA
    3. Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato
    4. Stir Fry - Migos
    5. Juju on that Beat - Zay Hilfigerrr & Zayion McCall
    6. Panda - DESIIGNER
    7. rockstar - Post Malone feat. 21 Savage
    8. I'm the One - DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper & Lil Wayne
    9. Mask Off - Future
    10. Young Dumb & Broke - Khalid
    11. Unforgettable - French Montana feat. Swae Lee
    12. Believer - Imagine Dragons
    13. Everybody Hates Me - The Chainsmokers
    14. Scared to Be Lonely - Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa
    15. Best Friend - Sofi Tukker feat. NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno
    16. Greenlight - Pitbull feat. Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis
    17. Peanut Butter Jelly - Galantis
    18. I'm Coming Out x Upside Down 2018 - Diana Ross

https://themusicuniverse.com/now-67-...ms-4-detailed/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F8YTVDC...6e915e320d3066

o m g.....

that's amazing..she's right alongside all the biggest hits of the moment, and the NOW series is HUGE!..you go, girl! there should be a concentrated effort to get Top 40 radio to play the new dance hit remix, can you imagine?

I quadruple dig it ......

Can you imagine the frenzy in the Fire Island clubs when this is played ?
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 07-18-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Wow! I was half-expecting more of the same old, same old, but I really like this new medley/remix! Both tunes are magical -- one song playing simultaneously over the other! Go to town, Diana! Grab the #1 brass ring!

I'm gonna listen to it right now

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    So once the song gets #1, how many #1's will that be for Diana?
    Pretty hard to figure that out when you take every chart and put it together.

18 Number 1 Pop Chart is the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I'm gonna listen to it right now
    Forgot to say... I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Pretty hard to figure that out when you take every chart and put it together.

18 Number 1 Pop Chart is the big one.
    Yeah but I'm focusing on dance ones lol

I know she has had a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Wow! I was half-expecting more of the same old, same old, but I really like this new medley/remix! Both tunes are magical -- one song playing simultaneously over the other! Go to town, Diana! Grab the #1 brass ring!
    I agree. I'm not a fan of remixes but I would listen to the Almighty remix of You Keep Me Hangin' On, the Diamond Diana remix of ANMHE and this one, in that playing order.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    I agree. I'm not a fan of remixes but I would listen to the Almighty remix of You Keep Me Hangin' On, the Diamond Diana remix of ANMHE and this one, in that playing order.
    Yeah, lucky, some of those Almighty remixes are HOT -- especially Diana's!

According to Miss Ross's Twitter, the remix is now at #2 on the Billboard dance chart, congrats Diana🎉
    Last edited by David J; 07-20-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Yeah, lucky, some of those Almighty remixes are HOT -- especially Diana's!
    Love the Almighty mixes; 'Remember Me' is my favorite.

Oh, yeah, Peace -- you've got that right! "Remember Me" is one of my favorite Almighty treasures, too! Just a couple weeks ago, it was the wee hours of the night and I was under my headphones playing that mix over and over and over again! Couldn't get enough of it!

"Remember Me" is one of my favorite Almighty treasures, too! Just a couple weeks ago, it was the wee hours of the night and I was under my headphones playing that mix over and over and over again! Couldn't get enough of it!
    Well, you guys got me checking this out on YouTube. I really like the Almighty remixes of Remember Me and Surrender. Those are two that I wouldn't expect to hear remixed.

So glad to see our legends still making #1 dance hits.

Well, you guys got me checking this out on YouTube. I really like the Almighty remixes of Remember Me and Surrender. Those are two that I wouldn't expect to hear remixed.
    You're right, lucky. You wouldn't have expected those two tracks to be remixed by Almighty, but I'm sure glad they did! Both are equally powerful and exciting! I've always loved Diana's "I'm A Winner", too [[almost as much as I love Martha's). I'd love to hear what the Almighty guys could do with a remix of that. You can bet money it'd be hot!

So glad to see our legends still making #1 dance hits.
    Yeah! Ain't life grand! It does your heart good!

You're right, lucky. You wouldn't have expected those two tracks to be remixed by Almighty, but I'm sure glad they did! Both are equally powerful and exciting! I've always loved Diana's "I'm A Winner", too [[almost as much as I love Martha's). I'd love to hear what the Almighty guys could do with a remix of that. You can bet money it'd be hot!
    I'd bet on that. Funny, all three are from the same album. Surrender was not one of my favorite Ross albums but I've recently come to appreciate it much more. These remixes only add to it.

I'd bet on that. Funny, all three are from the same album. Surrender was not one of my favorite Ross albums but I've recently come to appreciate it much more. These remixes only add to it.
    Really? I loved that album from the day it hit the streets back in Summer 1971. With the exception of HDH and Michael Masser, you can't beat the magic of Diana Ross and Ashford & Simpson. I'm glad you've come to appreciate "Surrender" now. It should have been released as Diana's 2nd solo LP to cash in on the tremendous success of her first Ashford & Simpson solo album. It would have sold much better than the mere #56 on the charts.

Really? I loved that album from the day it hit the streets back in Summer 1971. With the exception of HDH and Michael Masser, you can't beat the magic of Diana Ross and Ashford & Simpson. I'm glad you've come to appreciate "Surrender" now. It should have been released as Diana's 2nd solo LP to cash in on the tremendous success of her first Ashford & Simpson solo album. It would have sold much better than the mere #56 on the charts.
    It was , and remains a great album. I agree it should have replaced the disjointed "everything is everything" as her 2nd solo album. Here in the UK it was retitled "i'm still waiting" and of course included that UK no.1 single, and went top 10 as did the singles Surrender and Remember Me. Great album.

Bluebrock, I've never understood why you guys in the U.K. didn't get the exact same Motown releases that Motown gave us here in the U.S. I wish I understood Motown's line of thinking regarding that.

I actually like Diana's "Everything Is Everything" album, especially "I'm Still Waiting". I just think it would have been more appropriate as her 3rd album release rather than her 2nd. It makes you wonder how confused, hurt, and unappreciated Ashford & Simpson must have felt to have Motown hand the reigns over to Deke Richards, especially so soon after they had just given Diana and Motown such a massive summertime hit with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". It made no sense whatsoever. Ass-backwards as it was, it kinda reminds ya of the old adage, "No good deed goes unpunished"!

Quote Originally Posted by David J View Post
    According to Miss Ross's Twitter, the remix is now at #2 on the Billboard dance chart, congrats Diana
    One more step!!

Hey Gary, I believe Surrender was released in the UK as I'm Still Waiting because of the success of the single "I'm Still Waiting", a #1 in Britain as Bluebrock says. After the song hit big it was added to Surrender and the album retitled after the hit single... all to increase UK sales I would assume.

Really? I loved that album from the day it hit the streets back in Summer 1971. With the exception of HDH and Michael Masser, you can't beat the magic of Diana Ross and Ashford & Simpson. I'm glad you've come to appreciate "Surrender" now.
    When I first listened to it, also in Summer '71, I liked the songs [[very much) but thought the production a bit overwrought on almost all the tracks. I preferred the more subtle production on the debut album. I recently listened to the expanded Surrender and I think it is definitely her most "soulful" album. I may even prefer it to the debut.
    [[But I think Diana Ross was a stunning debut).
    Don't get me started on Everything Is Everything! I think it shouldn't have been released. Surrender should have been released as follow-up to the debut, and much sooner than summer '71. It probably would have performed better on the charts and sales wise, benefitting from the momentum of ANMHE. Some songs on EIE [[I'm Still Waiting, My Place, I Love You [[Call Me), Baby It's Love) could be placed on an EP mini-album [[do they still make those? did they still make those in 1970?)
    You're right - HDH, A&S, Masser - the best producers for the Ross magic ever!
    Last edited by lucky2012; 07-21-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Honestly had Motown not rush-released EIE, Diana would've had a very classic solo selection in her early years.

I mean having DR '70, Surrender and Touch Me in the Morning [[and Lady Sings... if you wanna count it), that's a great start to a solo career!

Bluebrock, I've never understood why you guys in the U.K. didn't get the exact same Motown releases that Motown gave us here in the U.S. I wish I understood Motown's line of thinking regarding that.

I actually like Diana's "Everything Is Everything" album, especially "I'm Still Waiting". I just think it would have been more appropriate as her 3rd album release rather than her 2nd. It makes you wonder how confused, hurt, and unappreciated Ashford & Simpson must have felt to have Motown hand the reigns over to Deke Richards, especially so soon after they had just given Diana and Motown such a massive summertime hit with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". It made no sense whatsoever. Ass-backwards as it was, it kinda reminds ya of the old adage, "No good deed goes unpunished"!
    Berry ordered Diana back into the studio to record a new album when "reach out and touch" was not the mega hit it was hoped it would be. She began recording "everything is everything" just as ANMHE was released as a single. When this hit no.1 Berry had Ashford and Simpson back in the studio with Diana to record what would turn out to be the "Remember Me" album.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Berry ordered Diana back into the studio to record a new album when "reach out and touch" was not the mega hit it was hoped it would be. She began recording "everything is everything" just as ANMHE was released as a single. When this hit no.1 Berry had Ashford and Simpson back in the studio with Diana to record what would turn out to be the "Remember Me" album.
    Oh, okay. Now it makes a little more sense. It wasn't such a slap in the face to A&S after all. If Berry had waited just a few weeks until "Ain't No Mountain" hit it big, "Surrender" would have been next. Anyway, thanks for setting the record straight, Bluebrock. Much appreciated.

With all the current interest at the moment i really think motown should consider re-releasing Diana Extended: THE REMIXES.
    My own personal remix fave has to be "Lovin'.Livin' & Givin Definitive Mix from the Almighty Presents collection. Could have been a hit me thinks.

Although I love many of the remixes, I prefer when disco is re-edited rather than remixed, such as the Club Motown album by John Morales and the re-edits by Dimitri From Paris. His re-edit of The Boss is just sensational! Couple of months ago, I went out dancing in Amsterdam [[which doesn't happened that often anymore) and the DJ played the Dimitri mix of The Boss and the crowd [[mostly in their twenties) went wild. I suggested to Dimitri From Paris once [[via Twitter, I don't know him personally!) to re-edit the entire The Boss album, and he said he loved the idea but that getting the clearances for such projects proves to be very difficult. His "remix" album of Chic and Sister Sledge is coming out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    It will be part of this new CD which is available to pre-order on AMAZON

https://themusicuniverse.com/now-67-...ms-4-detailed/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F8YTVDC...6e915e320d3066
    Thanks for the heads up, Milven!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Sorry, i meant to say the "surrender" album, or in the case of the UK the "i'm still waiting"album.!

Oh, okay. Now it makes a little more sense. It wasn't such a slap in the face to A&S after all. If Berry had waited just a few weeks until "Ain't No Mountain" hit it big, "Surrender" would have been next. Anyway, thanks for setting the record straight, Bluebrock. Much appreciated.
    My pleasure my friend. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    Although I love many of the remixes, I prefer when disco is re-edited rather than remixed, such as the Club Motown album by John Morales and the re-edits by Dimitri From Paris. His re-edit of The Boss is just sensational! Couple of months ago, I went out dancing in Amsterdam [[which doesn't happened that often anymore) and the DJ played the Dimitri mix of The Boss and the crowd [[mostly in their twenties) went wild. I suggested to Dimitri From Paris once [[via Twitter, I don't know him personally!) to re-edit the entire The Boss album, and he said he loved the idea but that getting the clearances for such projects proves to be very difficult. His "remix" album of Chic and Sister Sledge is coming out next week.

This sounds really good.....Vey fresh. Diana's vocals brought to the the fore sound feisty and strong, much as they did on the diana album. A mix of the entire album would be something very special Quality music will always endure. A new generation of fans for Diana. The legacy continues.

LORDT!!! Makes sense then why there were TWO solo albums in 1970. o_O

LORDT!!! Makes sense then why there were TWO solo albums in 1970. o_O
    What's so surprising about that? Back in the '60s, releasing two albums [[or more) per year on a Motown artist was the norm, unlike today when an artist releases only one album every few years. My only point was that Motown should have released A&S' "Surrender" 2nd [[to cash in on A&S' "Ain't No Mountain"), followed by "Everything Is..." 3rd, in that order. Bluebrock explained Motown's line of thinking at the time, which makes sense -- at least to me. Determined to get a hit, if Berry had just been a little more patient, album 2 and 3 would have probably been released in the above order.

It's surprising to me because there shouldn't have been a second album. That filler album stuff Motown and other labels were doing. No wonder many artists released 500 albums back in the '60s and '70s... -_-

It's surprising to me because there shouldn't have been a second album. That filler album stuff Motown and other labels were doing. No wonder many artists released 500 albums back in the '60s and '70s... -_-
    Well, midnightman, to each his own. I actually liked the "Everything" album and, especially, the "Surrender" album. As I said, my only complaint was the order of their release. In fact, unlike other record companies whose albums were riddled with filler and a couple of hits, Motown's albums were famous for high quality material. Maybe not every track worthy of 45 release, but certainly enjoyable -- highly enjoyable for me. That's why I love Motown. They gave us a lot of top-notch bang for our buck.

NOW you can see it sitting pretty at #2 with a bullet..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    NOW you can see it sitting pretty at #2 with a bullet..
    Damn, that looks beautiful, Jimmy! Just one more rung and it will look gorgeous!