[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ross Is Back on The Billboard Dance Chart again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Jimi, I know you are unaware of the most recent change,but this is not suppose to be posted here. Ralph and Lowell have been kind enough to create a special sub-forum for the Supremes and Diana Ross related threads. Look for it at the very top of the Motown Forum Menu page. Thanks. Marv

thanks Marv, i saw that, but this not not a Ross & Supremes thing, which is how i read that new development, this is a brand new , non Supremes thing...I think that's how it's supposed to be, no?..just update news on a Motown artist..

Yeah DRATS is the best place for this.

This has nothing to do with DRATS

I think the clue is Diana Ross.

The forum is a generic term for the group and solo related Supremes.
    Simple.

Yes, this belongs on the new forum. I'll move it.

Doesn’t make sense at all. that is like regulating Michael Jackson news to an old ass J5 forum.

It would be a MJ thread as a stand alone..
    In a J5 related forum...
    Because, you know MJ was once a member, and a MJ thread might, just might, appeal to J5 members.
    Is is that hard?

Now, tell me if I have this wrong!

I believe the DRATS section is dedicated to anything and everything Supreme-related... be it Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard, The Original Supremes, Diana Ross & The Supremes, The 70s Supremes or anything else of that nature. While 'DRATS' is often used as a specific term relating to the era of 'Diana Ross & The Supremes' from 1967 to 1969, I believe in this context it pertains to ANYTHING related to Diana Ross and or The Supremes, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

I believe the DRATS section is dedicated to anything and everything Supreme-related... be it Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard, The Original Supremes, Diana Ross & The Supremes, The 70s Supremes or anything else of that nature. While 'DRATS' is often used as a specific term relating to the era of 'Diana Ross & The Supremes' from 1967 to 1969, I believe in this context it pertains to ANYTHING related to Diana Ross and or The Supremes, regardless.
    I think you are correct. I recommend they change the ampersand [[&) to a comma [[,) and drop the use of [DRATS] in the title as that is common shorthand for the group between 67-70. That would clarify that the subforum is for ALL things Supremes and Diana Ross solo and anything related to anyone who was ever a Supreme, before, during, and after the group.

It’s not 1970 anymore it is 2018. Michael [[RIP) or Diana or Mary have had separate solo careers for 40 years. Their Solo careers are totally separate and should not be tied to what they did 40 or 50 years ago.

They wouldn't be...it would be a post in a seperate thread about their solo years or current....but in a FORUM that is related to that group or artists.

then you should move the Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong threads as well that are still lingering on the main board cos it's time to move on..

I just asked that question. When I hear "DRATS" I think 1967-1970; Diana, Mary, and Cindy.

I'm assuming DRATS in this case means ANYTHING Supreme or Supremes related.

exactly..but then..oh well...as if isolating Ross is going to change anything in the real world..lol

exactly..but then..oh well...as if isolating Ross is going to change anything in the real world..lol
    Does she exist in the real world? LOL!!!!

Well then shouldn’t that bizarre Eaten Alive thread be under the new regime too??

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Well then shouldn’t that bizarre Eaten Alive thread be under the new regime too??
    It is totally bizarre. I don't think there is anywhere else in the Universe that there are people discussing or even listening to that obscure album LOL!!!!

DMCFAN Guest
    But you are Blanche, but you are...��

that’s right: mondo bizarro!

Wow is this place getting old

o_O

Sometimes I wonder what am I still doing here. LOL

Avoid the other board entirely...

I still don't get it. If these so called people hate reading about Diana Ross so much then why do they open up the thread to begin with? If there is a thread that don't interest me. I just avoid it. Then we have a person who claims he hates Diana Ross but will go into every thread about her to agitate her fans and then her fans get upset and lashes back and they get banned and he plays all innocent. SMDH...Then has the nerve to say that's why the industry heads don't visit anymore and blames the Ross fans..LOL
    Last edited by vgalindo; 06-14-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I still don't get it. If these so called people hate reading about Diana Ross so much then why do they open up the thread to begin with? If there is a thread that don't interest me. I just avoid it. Then we have a person who claims he hates Diana Ross but will go into every thread about her to agitate her fans and then her fans get upset and lashes back and they get banned and he plays all innocent. SMDH...Then has the nerve to say that's why the industry heads don't visit anymore and blames the Ross fans..LOL
    Very well said vgalindo. I have little time for Mary Wilson so i tend to steer clear of the threads relating to her. I could quite easily have posted some uncomplimentary remarks about the "it's time to move on" remix thread but why bother? If people get pleasure out of listening to that particular song then good luck to them. I will leave them to it rather than try and bait the Mary fans on here. I just wish this particular individual would try to be more respectful. Wishing thinking i suspect, but we can live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Very well said vgalindo. I have little time for Mary Wilson so i tend to steer clear of the threads relating to her. I could quite easily have posted some uncomplimentary remarks about the "it's time to move on" remix thread but why bother? If people get pleasure out of listening to that particular song then good luck to them. I will leave them to it rather than try and bait the Mary fans on here. I just wish this particular individual would try to be more respectful. Wishing thinking i suspect, but we can live in hope.
    So true. I do the same. I could have also said negative comments on the " time to move on" thread but chose not to. I didn't want to upset the Mary Wilson fans. The question is why Can't he do the same?

following the same pattern as the "Mountain" remix on it's way to #1!
    https://dianarossproject.wordpress.c...down-moves-up/

← Diana’s Back on the Charts…Again!

“Down”…Moves Up!
    Posted on June 19, 2018
    by Paul
    From THE DIANA ROSS PROJECT on Instagram: “I’m Coming Out/Upside Down 2018” moves up to #31 in its second week on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart. Congratulations, Ms. Ross!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I wish as well that the moderator would use greater discretion and think twice about who he praises and who he bans; that would lead me to support the forum financially. While sexual assault, racist comments about infants and misogynist posts about affairs of 50+ years ago are allowed I simply can't do so.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

I think you are about right in your interpretation. I did raise the point however that I thought it would be inappropriate for threads about "Supremes & Four Tops" duets to be banished to the sub-forum, but did not receive a response.

now TOP 20 on the way to #1..AGAIN!!! https://dianarossproject.wordpress.c...rns-to-top-20/

Very good; thanks for posting

How funny! When I saw the name of the new sub-thread, I knew, I just knew, that one or more posters would take issue with what should and should not be posted here. I actually suggested modifying the thread's name at the very first, so it wouldn't appear to some posters to be solely pertaining to 1967-1969, knowing that heading would in all likelihood stir up another tempest in a teapot. We're so predictable in here. Unlike some of us, however, I'm amused rather than enraged. It's actually very entertaining.

The whole idea seems like a tempest in a tea pot to me: the drudgery of having to wade thru all these DR&TS threads scaring folks away from the forum??? Protecting innocents from the perils of Diana VS Mary by a sub-category and thereby making them less likely to click onto an offensive thread? Makes no sense to me at all, but I’m old and might be losing it. I’ve disvussed it with others who have the exact same conclusion but they are old [[mostly) and probably losing it as well. If it makes others happy, I’m all for it. ANYTHING for the greater good - like the new voting laws in Ohio and red states that will secure Red rule in perpetuity. Everyone happy with THAT? If not, now that you got your victory here - get the lead out, folks!

I kind of like the new system because stinky stays out somewhat - but I’ve been away so maybe I’m wrong

No, you are quite correct - the malodorific effluvium from previous threads does seem, today, phantasmagoric - it’s been, surprisingly, quite pleasant in many ways. I didn’t think it would make a difference, but it certainly has. I tip my hat Ralph, Lowell, Shakepit and all others lobbying for the change.

now TOP 20 on the way to #1..AGAIN!!! https://dianarossproject.wordpress.c...rns-to-top-20/
    Another top 20 hit for Mrs. Motown.

Great news on Coming Out/ Upside.

Does look asif it has the potential to be another #1 on the BB Dance Chart.

Be interesting to see if Eric Kupper goes any further along this road.

I think It's My House could be a prime candidate - I've never understood why it wasn't a smash hit.

What if a 74 year old is the #1 dance artist of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    What if a 74 year old is the #1 dance artist of the year?
    It could happen! Wasn't Cher the #1 dance artist a few years ago?

I see a posting that it’s up to number 8

yes..WOW.. from #18 to #8!! on the way to #1..
    https://www.billboard.com/charts/dance-club-play-songs

The power of the Diva.

WOW !!!
    well number 8 kind of put her in the Top 10 dance hits.
    when music was music again.

My question is who's on first? jeesh

id like to see One Love In My Lifetime get a 2nd chance......Crimes Of Passion should have been a single imo. and ....If Youre Not Gonna Love Me Right
    happy she is back on the charts,. so many missed gems could be chosen

these tracks weren't picked out of a hat.. these dance re mixes are tied in to the the hit album "Diamond Diana", re mixing and updating featured tracks from that album..they get instant play in the clubs because they're instantly recognized; recycling old tracks on merit is not gonna happen

new chart, new number..#6 with a bullet up from #8... you go, gurl...

I bet if she shows up at another gay club, it will go to number one.