[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Diana Ross at the Apollo

This picture was brought to my attention by a friend. It is from the Nov. 2010 issue of the Smithsonian magazine.I would give many pennies to know Diana's thoughts in this picture. What do you think?

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/multim...4511299&page=9

I don't know what she's thinking but those flat shoes on the floor probably belong to Barbara Martin. I think I read somewhere that Barbara Martin had flat feet which is the reason she left music and went into the Podiatry business.

Don't know but there is another picture that I posted on here at the same gig with Flo on the bottom bunk asleep and Diana on the top bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Don't know but there is another picture that I posted on here at the same gig with Flo on the bottom bunk asleep and Diana on the top bunk.
    Is Barbara Martin in any of the photos?

Actually it says it is from '65!

No, Barbara Martin was long gone from the group by the time they made it to the Apollo in December '62. This photo
    was taken, I believe, in '64.

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    No, Barbara Martin was long gone from the group by the time they made it to the Apollo in December '62. This photo
    was taken, I believe, in '64.

Thank you randy_russi. Do you know why Barbara Martin left the Supremes and did she go right into Podiatry or did she sing with other groups before choosing the medical profession as her career?

Thanks.

Barbara Martin left the group to get married and have a family [[her pregnancy was the reason she left the group in 1962).

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Barbara Martin left the group to get married and have a family [[her pregnancy was the reason she left the group in 1962).
    Thank you midnightman. When did Barbara Martin become a Podiatrist and did she ever sing publicly again after 1962?

I wasn't aware that she was a Podiatrist but she has never sung in public again after leaving the Primettes/Supremes.

I wasn't aware that she was a Podiatrist but she has never sung in public again after leaving the Primettes/Supremes.
    Thank you captainjames.

smark21 Guest
    She never even joined a choir and became a singer for Jesus?

miss_lish Guest
    Was Barbara Martin the one giving Mary that foot massage in the video that was posted weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    Was Barbara Martin the one giving Mary that foot massage in the video that was posted weeks ago?
    What video miss_lish? I would love to see a Barbara Martin video.

topdiva1 Guest
    Interesting photo - really unique - I say, even then she knew, that she was destined for greatness - at any cost.

miss_lish Guest
    Sadly, Roberta75, I think the moderator, Ralph was forced to delete the thread. Ass with all things supreme, the fans had stooped to comparing who had the better looking feet: Miss Ross or Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    Sadly, Roberta75, I think the moderator, Ralph was forced to delete the thread. Ass with all things supreme, the fans had stooped to comparing who had the better looking feet: Miss Ross or Mary.

Well i don't know much about Mary or Diana's feet but I read somewhere that Barbara Martin had flat feet which is why she went into the Podiatry field.

I like the fur coat hanging from the upper bunk.

Lorne

I have a very funny feeling about the way certain people ask questions on this forum, especially in this thread.
    Are the serious people on this forum being made a fool of of... or what?

^ Who knows? :-/

Shouldn't we just be happy that the Supremes are even in such an institution even if it's to commemorate their time at the Apollo?