[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ur right Marv lol!

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    Ugh. Crybullies are the worst. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

I'm just going to block this snakepit person and ignore him from now on, he was bad enough when he was going out of his way to insult me for things I didn't even post, now he has the nerve to whine and act the victim. I come to this place to have fun and chat with people. I only like red meat on a very rare occasion: I really have to be in the mood for a good steak and only have it once or twice a year. The point is, people like snakepit need to take their beef elsewhere, especially since they got their wish in a seperate DRATs forum and they are still pouting and being snottily passive aggressive.

Like seriously, this whole mess started because I accidentally posted a Supremes topic in the non-Motown thread, and this person has not left me alone since, claiming I will personally destroy this forum with my DRATs obsession and drive everyone away.... they get the forum they wouldn't shut up about.... and they are still complaining. Like, how do you go through life when you are that impossible to please? How about a thank you to the mods instead of more moaning?
    Last edited by Coppelia-Birdsong; 06-15-2018 at 12:37 AM. Reason: ian

^ Eh, you didn't do anything wrong. You just didn't know that the rules were different at first lol

Like I just told Albator, people get way too emotional [[and involved) in this forum for some odd reason as if the Supremes were their cousins or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Lol for a minute there I thought all RanRan-soulster hell was about to break loose
    No, that's the kind of thing we want to avoid, and to show that we are not the problem children on this forum.

And if you need evidence, James Brown made a mini documentary about the whole thing.
    Haw man! Those aren't the kind of cakes he was talkin' about! He's talkin' poundcake!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    And that's what I don't get, if this was indeed the situation. Take my love of the Supremes out of the equation, if I came here and saw a bunch of Supremes threads and I wanted to talk the J5, I would just create J5 threads. People keep complaining "too many Supremes threads", as if the only people with access to thread creation are Supremes fans. For awhile Midnight you were posting a lot of threads of performances and songs from just about every era of Motown. And for many of those threads it would just be you, myself, probably Tom, and maybe one or two others. Where was everyone who complains that it's Supremes Central 24/7? Ignoring the bickering, which I fully recognize disrupts the atmosphere here, but I feel like much of this anti Supremes thread sentiment is a result of some people's personal taste about the group, and it's famous lead singer in particular, than it is some legit gripe about a preponderance of threads about one act [[and it's singers). Somehow I doubt too many threads about the Temptations would ever be something you read in this forum, even if it were true. Mind you the last Tempts thread only had like 5 or 6 responses. So much for folks jumping at the chance to talk about the Tempts.
    But, Ran, you do have to make distinctions between casual fans, hardcore fans, and obsessive fans, and the obsessive ones lose objectivity when it comes to how many DRATS threads there are. Some may think that it is most of the forum when it's not. There may be one or two of the obsessive ones that want to turn the entire SDF forum into a DRATS forum, and Ralph's not havin' it. Meanwhile, there are music fans like me who do like some DRATS/Diana Ross music, but are not obsessed with it. We like the music, but that's it. It's not our favorite.

And, then there are the DRATS fans that are so over the top that they probably do have shrines in their bedrooms and try to dress in gowns just like they did, and spend every minute of their lives thinking about them. These guys need some intense therapy.

Any insults were made by Birdsong..go and read the threads. I asked Ralph to remove 3. [[ not 1 by mistake) Supremes threads he/she had stated in the SD forum.
    I pointed out to him/her that these posts should be contained in the Motown forum.
    His/her response was to be hysterical.

I have not made any comments since to him/her.....but he /she lies about that.

Is that what happened? Is some of this we're seeing a result of the gang who had tried to cause some trouble last year and trying to get people to go over to the other site? Makes sense.
    You know, along with what thanxsal said, it's a wonder why these guys can't find something better to do with their time than to try to disrupt legit forums and take them over. Along with what someone else told me years ago, they were really trying to make SDF a DRATS forum, and their secondary mission was to drive a certain Marv out.

If they were serious about starting their own DRATS forum, they would shell out the money for the software, domain, server, and appoint some real moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    FORGET what the Supremes put on their bacon, eggs and cheese, I wanna know what Marvin Gaye ate on March 5, 1967! LOL
    You want to know who he ate...oh..wait...

Aren't you glad it didn't? And let this be a lesson to you boys and girls: always ask for clarity if you're unsure and never assume. Had I popped off on the assumption that Soulster was referring to me only to find out he wasn't, I would've looked like an idiot. Or as I like to call it, being a Tom.
    Haaaaaa, that is sooooooo rude

And for many of those threads it would just be you, myself, probably Tom, and maybe one or two others.
    Ayyyyyyyyy shoutout

Quote Originally Posted by Coppelia-Birdsong View Post
    Like seriously, this whole mess started because I accidentally posted a Supremes topic in the non-Motown thread, and this person has not left me alone since, claiming I will personally destroy this forum with my DRATs obsession and drive everyone away.... they get the forum they wouldn't shut up about.... and they are still complaining. Like, how do you go through life when you are that impossible to please? How about a thank you to the mods instead of more moaning?
    Hi,

Seriously, NONE of this is because of where you posted something. This is a problem that's been going on for at least a decade now. You are relatively new here so you wouldn't know the very long history we have had with the extreme DRATS fans here, and Marv.

From what I have been told, years and years ago, Marv said something homophobic on another forum, and that set the DRATS fans off, and it spilled over here to SDF when their Yahoo forum got shut down. Ever since then, it has been open warfare on Marv, and an attempt to disrupt this place until Ralph banned him. Since Ralph never banned him, they are hell-bent on destroying this place to punish him. So, it has nothing to do with you or what you did.

As for snakepit, he is a forum elder like I am. His primary interests are like mine. We both like to talk about, and read about how things were recorded, and he is a bit of an expert in that area where it concerns Motown. He often comes up with some interesting threads and questions. I have never known him to be a mean guy. I do believe he has just gotten fed up with all the DRATS crap that has been ruining this forum for years. We used to have industry heavyweights here, people who worked on all that Motown music we all love. Now they are long gone because of the mess. This is why Ralph decided to give the DRATS fans a place of their own so the rest of the forum wouldn't be ruined.

I need to add that there are some nice DRATS fans in here. They are civil and friendly, and only love their favorite singers. The people causing the war are two or three people, and I heard that one of them may be posting under aliases.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-15-2018 at 04:22 AM.

Precedence was set in this forum long ago that video is not evidence of anything. I know what I know and you can believe what you want!!
    Ok, I think we all know who is more trustworthy, Mr-I-Don't-Use-Real-Names-And-It-Must-Take-Ages-For-Me-To-Type-Out-These-Long-Ass-Hyphen-Names.

edit: wow, it does

edit two: I enjoy them so don't stop

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Haw man! Those aren't the kind of cakes he was talkin' about! He's talkin' poundcake!
    poundcake lol

For clarity.

I did not request a Supremes forum. I did that over 10 years ago but it didn't happen. I have long since given up on that idea, so I have accepted that these posts resided in Motown forum.

The SD Forum has been free of these posts, and a recent flurry of Supremes thread in SDF [[3- three, not 1) in a matter of days suggested to me that, in not carefully managed, this forum would attract the overkill of Supremes threads, and potentially ruin the SDF.
    I asked Ralph to transfer them to Motown.
    I have long since lost interest in the number of Supremes post in Motown topics.

All the correspondence regarding this is clearly on this website.
    I have not continued any correspondences with Birdsong....Ralph can investigate and take action against me ...but he will not find any posts as they don't exists.
    Only in Birdsong's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppelia-Birdsong View Post
    Ugh. Crybullies are the worst. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

I'm just going to block this snakepit person and ignore him from now on, he was bad enough when he was going out of his way to insult me for things I didn't even post, now he has the nerve to whine and act the victim. I come to this place to have fun and chat with people. I only like red meat on a very rare occasion: I really have to be in the mood for a good steak and only have it once or twice a year. The point is, people like snakepit need to take their beef elsewhere, especially since they got their wish in a seperate DRATs forum and they are still pouting and being snottily passive aggressive.

Birdsong
    You have made several untruestatements above.
    I have not been in any contact with you since the initial posts or hounded you at all.
    I have reported this thread to Ralph.

Reported this thread? Good luck. Maybe he'll lock it. Maybe not. I don't see any nasty stuff in this thread, and, if you look, this thread is in the DRATS section, so...

Most of the anti-Supremes sentiments had to do with the number of replies in those threads that seem to go ON AND ON AND ON... and it makes those who tolerated the group to someone who was a fan of 'em to be like "the Supremes weren't really all that" [[even if they don't really believe that). Just to see if it'll piss 'em off.

There were times in the past that I was like "Martha and the Vandellas are far better than the Supremes" and then I'd get the heck out of Dodge lol

I didn't bother to see the response lmao
    I'm glad you evolved Midnight. You was on some troll shit doing that. Lol

But it does illustrate how weird some of these fans get about these things. I couldn't give two shits about anyone's opinion regarding the Motown girl groups. Not that I don't appreciate reading different view points [[as long as they are respectful), but someone's opinion of any given group is not going to change my opinion of said group. Same thing with opinions about solo singers. If someone doesn't like Diana Ross, or Marvin Gaye or any of my other favs, big deal. How does that stop me from loving them? How does it prevent me from talking about them?

Makes no sense, some of the things that get people riled around here.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Any insults were made by Birdsong..go and read the threads. I asked Ralph to remove 3. [[ not 1 by mistake) Supremes threads he/she had stated in the SD forum.
    I pointed out to him/her that these posts should be contained in the Motown forum.
    His/her response was to be hysterical.

I have not made any comments since to him/her.....but he /she lies about that.
    I hadn't gone all over the thread like that [[I just speed-read lol) but you may be right...

I'm glad you evolved Midnight. You was on some troll shit doing that. Lol

But it does illustrate how weird some of these fans get about these things. I couldn't give two shits about anyone's opinion regarding the Motown girl groups. Not that I don't appreciate reading different view points [[as long as they are respectful), but someone's opinion of any given group is not going to change my opinion of said group. Same thing with opinions about solo singers. If someone doesn't like Diana Ross, or Marvin Gaye or any of my other favs, big deal. How does that stop me from loving them? How does it prevent me from talking about them?

Makes no sense, some of the things that get people riled around here.
    OH I was a mess back then. I was just as bad as some folks still are now [[naming no names lmao). But yeah, that's just weird. Like if you don't like somebody, just don't enter that thread. People must be sadists because they constantly go to threads on artists they claim they can't stand.

From what I have been told, years and years ago, Marv said something homophobic on another forum, and that set the DRATS fans off, and it spilled over here to SDF when their Yahoo forum got shut down. Ever since then, it has been open warfare on Marv, and an attempt to disrupt this place until Ralph banned him. Since Ralph never banned him, they are hell-bent on destroying this place to punish him.
    Believe it or not, I can believe this. Like I said before, He Who Shall Not Be Named causes problems around here but he isn't the only one. And there have been times when it's clear that no matter what he says, someone comes after him. And some on the opposing side appear to be quite irrational. But He Who Shall Not Be Named does himself no favors by being equally irrational.

I need to add that there are some nice DRATS fans in here. They are civil and friendly, and only love their favorite singers. The people causing the war are two or three people, and I heard that one of them may be posting under aliases.
    I think most people in the forum are civil, friendly, rational posters. It is most definitely a minority who are quick with the insults or quick with inflammatory statements that they know people will react to. Misunderstandings happen, of course, but I'm referring to the "there's no mistake about it...you trying to start some shit" posts. Lol And there are a few who fit that profile. And it's been theorized before that a lot of the goings on are really just a couple of people posting under aliases and arguing with themselves. I think it'll be interesting if Ralph ever bans IP addresses, which posters will suddenly have "Banned" appearing under their names. I have my suspicions about which ones would show up this way.

So, I've spent the morning reading over this thread. Once again; let me clarify. This particular forum has been created to represent ALL things Supreme. I don't care if Brittany Spears was once a Supreme[[if you can imagine that) I wouldn't want to see her name in any other forum but this one. I realized there would be a few mis- posts at first and I simply moved them to DRATS. Please don't expect me to moderate any fights that may occur here. Its your forum. Do with it what you will. I would love to see this turn into a most informative forum. We shall see. For now; I'm out of it.

Birdsong, I wish you would tone it down a bit. Snake has been a valued member here for more years than I can remember.

Ok, I think we all know who is more trustworthy, Mr-I-Don't-Use-Real-Names-And-It-Must-Take-Ages-For-Me-To-Type-Out-These-Long-Ass-Hyphen-Names.

edit: wow, it does

edit two: I enjoy them so don't stop
    This gave me the first great laugh of the day. Thanks Tom!!

It's only been a couple of folks who have been acting a fool but since their posts got the most attention, that left the rest of us being put into that circle and that ain't fair.

Reported this thread? Good luck. Maybe he'll lock it. Maybe not. I don't see any nasty stuff in this thread, and, if you look, this thread is in the DRATS section, so...
    Reported because Birdsong implied I have been making posts about him/ her

I have done no such thing

100% lies.

It's only been a couple of folks who have been acting a fool but since their posts got the most attention, that left the rest of us being put into that circle and that ain't fair.
    Agreed, but no use crying over spilled milk. Hopefully this will help weed out the trouble makers and the rest of us can concentrate on the music.

This gave me the first great laugh of the day. Thanks Tom!!
    A-thank-you! That's what I'm here for and you know it Ran

Hopefully this will help weed out the trouble makers and the rest of us can concentrate on the music.
    It's already starting to work. I pop in here just to see how things are going.