[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Florence Ballard Movie - Contacts Wanted

Rick Bueche has been asked to participate in the movie on Flo and is looking for fans/friends who LEGITIMATELY knew Flo and Tommy in the last years.

He says I can then forward responses to him however most of you can reach him directly. He occasionally reads SD but does not participate anymore. He would like everyone to note that he has never received one dime for anything he's done and he told the producers he would not accept any money for this project either...Flo's daughters will receive it.

These are his words; not mine.

We tried to privately, through SD, contact a couple of people who knew Florence or Tommy; however, they don't post much anymore. Hopefully they will now see this.

miss_lish Guest
    Nice to hear the daughters will receive proceeds from the film.

What movie about Flo Ballard is this miss_lish or jobeterob?

Peter Benjaminson, who wrote the book on Florence, The Lost Supreme, knew her. He did extensive interviews with her,
    which he used in much of his book. He should contact Peter if he hasn't already.

Why doesn't Rick Bueche post here anymore?

Hi Rob
    What exactly does he [[Rick) want to know ? There are still some Motown folks around that were in touch with Flo and Tommy before they left us. Also, if I am not mistaken there are still some residents on Shaftsbury that were in touch with Flo before she passed.

Captain, I'll get you in touch so he and you can discuss.

This is about the movie based on the Benjaminson book; the producers I gather are involving Rick. A couple of people have been put in touch already I hope.

Mary..........Rick left for the reason a lot of people have left; too much bickering; no acceptance of a different viewpoint; that kind of thing. I know you are aware of what I am referring to.

That's a shame about Rick. I didn't know.

Rick has been around for a long time and there's much that younger fans could learn from him.

Rick is alot of fun and has shared so much on many things Motown. I'm wishing him the best on his latest project!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    That's a shame about Rick. I didn't know.

Rick has been around for a long time and there's much that younger fans could learn from him.

I agree. Someone as important and knowlegable as Rick got away from the forum and look what we got instead.

It's a shame about Rick. But he is on Facebook and all the Soul Music guys are on Facebook and you can hook up with the likes of Dennis Edwards, Contours, Al Greene, former Temptations, FLOS, Marvelettes, Martha Reeves, Valerie Simpson etc. Martha Reeves is on there herself and stays in pretty constant contact. You only add friends and many people will speak more openly in private. But I would miss the "back and forth" of SD!

Rick is thriving I'm sure; he obviously is still in demand.

I think the movie still has some huge hurdles to face and we are being naive if we think something will rollout like Dreamgirls. But it might be less of a story and more close to the basics and reality.

Thanks for the laugh Kamasu; how could I not laugh at "and look what we got!"

Another great loss for SD was the loss of your father from SD ~ a man who was there, who has real connections and the balls to stand up and say so. Many of us wish he would return too.

Three cheers for Motown_Fan [[aka Kamasu Warrior)

topdiva1 Guest
    When finished this movie will likely leave many questions still unanswered - for that,s how legends are. And if nothing else the story of Flo Ballard is very sad, moving, and is what becomes a legend most.

miss_lish Guest
    Once again, Tony Turner speaks with knowledge, authority, and great depth. Well done!

Three more cheers for Motown Fan [[Kamasu Warrior). You gotta love the name; and I honestly don't know what it means. But I've heard he was around "from the beginning of Motown" which makes him special.

I think the SD guys have dealt with these questions and this thread pretty well and maybe they will eventually contribute something to the legacy of Florence Ballard.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    When finished this movie will likely leave many questions still unanswered - for that,s how legends are. And if nothing else the story of Flo Ballard is very sad, moving, and is what becomes a legend most.

What Florence Ballard movie is this? Who playing Flo and who is playing Barbara Martin?

miss_lish Guest
    This is the link to the Facebook page about the movie, Miss Roberta. I don't think the part of Barbara has been cast yet; but it is being produced by Jesus.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blondi...15757185155264

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    This is the link to the Facebook page about the movie, Miss Roberta. I don't think the part of Barbara has been cast yet; but it is being produced by Jesus.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blondi...15757185155264
    I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not miss_lish but in my life Jesus Christ the almighty is the producer of everything. Whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

miss_lish Guest
    Miss Lish was being completely serious. Check out the Facebook page; this is indeed a Jesus production.

Miss Lish was being completely serious. Check out the Facebook page; this is indeed a Jesus production.
    Then I apologize miss_lish. It's just that I take my almighty savior very seriously.

miss_lish Guest
    Of course, my darling; we all do.

Did you check out the page? Casting is being heavily debated. There may be something there about Barbara's role. But I must admit, I don't know much about her, so it would be nice if they cast her in the movie and talked about her life some. I wonder if she stayed in touch with Flo through it all?

Of course, my darling; we all do.

Did you check out the page? Casting is being heavily debated. There may be something there about Barbara's role. But I must admit, I don't know much about her, so it would be nice if they cast her in the movie and talked about her life some. I wonder if she stayed in touch with Flo through it all?
    From what I know of Barbara Martin she seems like the kind of lady that would stay in touch with her former groupmates.
    She may even have massaged Florence Ballard's feet after she got her Podiatrist's license.

I will definitely check out the facebook page. Maybe Melinda Doolittle could play Barbara Martin.

Do you think Miss Lish might get a part in this production from Jesus?

Do you think Miss Lish might get a part in this production from Jesus?
    Please don't mock Jesus. For many of us he is the way, the truth, and the life.

miss_lish Guest
    No dear; Miss Lish is a diva; she doesn't do ensemble. ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Please don't mock Jesus. For many of us he is the way, the truth, and the life.
    Roberta75 - I'd be obliged if you would show me a little more respect. I did not mock and I have no intention of doing so. I cannot be held responsible if a production company wants to use a name that is famous elsewhere. This is a music site that discusses music. And that was what my post was about - music.

Roberta75 - I'd be obliged if you would show me a little more respect. I did not mock and I have no intention of doing so. I cannot be held responsible if a production company wants to use a name that is famous elsewhere. This is a music site that discusses music. And that was what my post was about - music.
    I didn't mean to disrespect you theboyfromxtown it's just that i take my lord and saviour very seriously and hold him close in my heart. It is clear to me that Jesus and Jesus alone is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

Please accept my sincere apology.

If this Flo ballard movie company is mocking the son of God then they will surely reap what they sow.

Thank you.

Thank you.
    You welcome theboyfromxtown. Go in peace and have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

Short fuses are indeed everyhere these days... if someone can upset John [[Xtown) you really must be something else!

I have a dream.
    With al due respect to all people who have something or someone special or precious in their lives: please, don't feel offended if a name gets mentioned out of the context that you normally use it in.
    I have a dream.
    Please, stop being so short fused, what's up with people? I DO know it's hard times for millions on this planet, but please don't lose sight on all the things that are right, being done right, are being made right or always have been right. Count your blessings, I know I am blessed every day I wake up in the morning.
    I have a dream.
    Imagine there's no ....

Feel free, step in.
    Step into that train, that friendship train.

Any word on how this epic bio movie is moving along?

Their last post from Facebook was several weeks ago.

Spirit of life Films would like to thank everybody for supporting their movement. See you at the theater 2011!!! GO WITH THE FLO
    January 26 at 11:16am · LikeUnlike ·

How will we see this movie in 2011 if they haven't even cast the roles yet? Unless it's a rush job.

I will ask Rick and see what he has to say.

Maybe we can get him to come back to Soulful Detroit.

Looks like this will be a tough haul to get this done right.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Their last post from Facebook was several weeks ago.

Spirit of life Films would like to thank everybody for supporting their movement. See you at the theater 2011!!! GO WITH THE FLO
    January 26 at 11:16am · LikeUnlike ·

How will we see this movie in 2011 if they haven't even cast the roles yet? Unless it's a rush job.
    Or it's a two character type movie like My Dinner with Andre.

topdiva1 Guest
    Any word on how this epic bio movie is moving along?

I would not use the word " EPIC " - but I understand - due to legal rights, and stuff, and things it is moving ahead, and will get done - BUT - some people must be satisfied first.

The summer of "11" does seem a bit rushed!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jive_turkey View Post
    The summer of "11" does seem a bit rushed!
    They will not make this date - and cannot afford to rush this important project.

I'm not privy to anything all the rest of you aren't but at least people are interested, volunteering and asking for participants and asking questions. But yes, they've got a job here to either deal with people or make it a one or two character show. In any case, it must be thrilling for the family to see the interest.

I predict this film may be pushed to 2012. I still don't see it coming out this year.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I'm not privy to anything all the rest of you aren't but at least people are interested, volunteering and asking for participants and asking questions. But yes, they've got a job here to either deal with people or make it a one or two character show. In any case, it must be thrilling for the family to see the interest.

It is not going to be a one or two character film - the family has very little REAL POWER in the production and / or say so - more of a courtesy - figure head deal. And yes there are people to "DEAL WITH". LOL

topdiva1 Guest
    Why doesn't Rick Bueche post here anymore?

It is my understanding that he was banned from posting here because of his "posting Manners".

I believe he was known as BAYOUMOTOWNMAN - or something like that.

Any way with or without SDF marches on!!!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I agree. Someone as important and knowlegable as Rick got away from the forum and look what we got instead.

He did not as you say "....got away from the forum" he was thrown off - or - so I am told - banned in other words.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I predict this film may be pushed to 2012. I still don't see it coming out this year.
    You are very right - maybe even as far back as 2013 - the script while not finished - is already in legal trouble in some camps - and to avoid major lawsuits it will have to be carefully worded, and vetted - to avoid major trouble. The Flo Ballard story is not a pretty one - and no one that was involved with her in a major way wants to come out at this late date looking like a real dog.

It is likely impossible to tell the whole story - however - they do intend to stick to Flos own words - and I think that in and of itself will be enough - for you all to see what really happened.

People are STILL willing to speak on Flo's behalf - but not so quick to sign depositions on what they reveal about the situation - Not many have the guts to go public with the truth. Many are still fearful.

Hi Topdiva! As always i enjoyed your posting. Diane made a comment when Dreamgirls came out....said something tounge in cheek bout her lawyers, but nothing was ever done. I envision potential slander suits and who knows what else. Not sure I want to know much more about how Flo was treated. It just hurts too bad. I do not know how these people can sleep at night. It is telling of their character. It apprears that the remaining players from the glory days are scrambling to protect and pretty up their their legacy and forget about past transgressions. At this stage of the game, do you really think Mary would give a crap about a "tell all" movie.

Mary would care if it tells the truth about how she backstabbed Florence.

The only place I ever see Mary news is here. Otherwise she has disappeared from celebrityville as only her hang-on fans post her whereabouts. I agree that Mary only wants good press after she saw how her books were received over time and that she is not any nearer to any work with Diana Ross.

I feel as long as they tell the truth, the verifiable truth they have nothing to worry about. I also think it is a good idea to publicize whom; what parties are threating the film. Just put it out there so that people will know............

Let those that attempt to oppose this film legally take the risk of having concrete proof surface.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chestersong View Post
    The only place I ever see Mary news is here. Otherwise she has disappeared from celebrityville as only her hang-on fans post her whereabouts. I agree that Mary only wants good press after she saw how her books were received over time and that she is not any nearer to any work with Diana Ross.

Mary likely is NOT INTERESTED in working with Diana Ross any more than Diana Ross is in working with Mary Wilson. It is the fans that want it - not the ladies. Mary will say so to keep the fans interested - Ross will say no to keep the fire burning.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Mary would care if it tells the truth about how she backstabbed Florence.

I think that was already told in Tony Turner's All That Glittered My Life With The Supremes. That is old news that hardly raises and eye brow. now,

I've been riding your tail on your most recent posts...but I have slipped off with this one! Ouch! *smile*

It may be old news to the well informed but it can and probably will be regurgitated and made to look new and fresh yet again.......as you kind of suggested earlier......that's what PR is all about.