[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Wiz Revisited

I recently bought a dvd of The Wiz having not seen the complete film for over twenty years and watched it last night. It was in fact a little better then i remember it being when first released....just a little though..
    For me one of the main ingredients missing from the film was any real sense of magic.
    There are no great special effects to lift the film and create an atmosphere of wonder. The snow storm where Dorothy is whisked off to Oz is completly anticlimatic. The poppy girls scene also a huge disappointment as Dorothy and Lion end up lying on the roof in a drugged sleep and thats it.
    On the plus side the music is wonderful, the cast do there best and some scenes are quite touching.
    I was wondering how others felt about the film now in 2018 without seeing this as an opportunity to pull Diana apart about her age and the Stephanie Mills saga that has been totally done to death.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 06-08-2018 at 12:00 PM.